Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2008, 21:44   #301
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Oh boy never knew we had a very well driven Trax Gurkha over here near Kolkata. Are you doing any offroading over here? Do hope to have look at the Gurkha. Gurkha was and will be the ultimate 4wd for years to come.

One post by another Kolkata member, Blackpearl, does interest me also - he got a 1 ton Army disposal jeep that does a max of 40 kph - haven't seen any post from him about that - secret project???
Hi adc,

Just moved to Kalyani from Himachal, you are welcome to come check out my Gurkha. My Jonga is still in the north and I will bring it down this winter hopefully. PM me if you need my address.

regards
Gurkha
Old 2nd June 2008, 21:52   #302
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurkha View Post
Hi adc,

Just moved to Kalyani from Himachal, you are welcome to come check out my Gurkha. My Jonga is still in the north and I will bring it down this winter hopefully. PM me if you need my address.

regards
Gurkha

Thanks much, sure I will and I am sure so too the whole lot of Kolkata Bhpians once they see this post. This is the ultimate - a Jonga and a Gurkha.

Thanks again for the invitation, definitely will contact you soon - after all the first time I will be seeing a Gurkha, my ultimate vehicle, so close - I am excited!!!
Old 2nd June 2008, 22:05   #303
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Thanks much, sure I will and I am sure so too the whole lot of Kolkata Bhpians once they see this post. This is the ultimate - a Jonga and a Gurkha.

Thanks again for the invitation, definitely will contact you soon - after all the first time I will be seeing a Gurkha, my ultimate vehicle, so close - I am excited!!!
The Jonga is an original VFJ with HINO engine released in limited number to civilians.
Old 3rd June 2008, 05:36   #304
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lediablo View Post
Gurkha,

Sounds impressive. Is the Judo, just a 4 door version of Gurkha. How much does these cost? I have heard one has to order it specifically. what are you comments on vibration, gear box/lever etc

found a link to another forum which had lots of pics. I like the looks of it

India's own 'G-Wagon', the Trax Gurkha. - SkyscraperCity

You got it right, the Judo is the LWB version of the Gurkha with 5 doors and its a genuine 10 seater unlike other where the last two seats in the back are for token purposes. Expect Judo to go for Rs.1L more than Gurkha. The OM616 and G-18 powertrain combo has the least vibration however since Gurkha is purpose built for wading in the water, little attention has been paid to NVH but its not really needed. My Gurkha has been running muffler less since the last 6 years and the noise level remains less than a Mahindra.

Last edited by Gurkha : 3rd June 2008 at 05:41.
Old 3rd June 2008, 08:21   #305
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Judo is no longer offered. Force motors offers the Gama with 4x4, PS and AC options, but probably a six month wait for it.
Old 3rd June 2008, 09:37   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurkha View Post
... the Judo is the LWB version of the Gurkha with 5 doors ...
it used to be like above in the past, but now the product portfolio is different....I dont know why they shuffled around with the model names like that .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Judo is no longer offered. Force motors offers the Gama with 4x4, PS and AC options, but probably a six month wait for it.
I dont think they offer the Gama with 4x4, only the Gurkha (earlier the SWB version, but now the LWB version with 4x4 only) is offered with 4x4.

Earlier

Trax Gurkha --> SWB available only in 4x4

Trax Judo --> LWB, available in both 2WD and 4WD (Judo DLX with 4x4 and turbo engine)

Now

Force Gama --> LWB available only in 2WD
Force Gurkha --> LWB available only in 4WD

(Force Cruiser --> even more longer LWB only in 2WD)

I have been following the Tempo Trax UV products for a long time now, and the above info is from what I remember. I hope it is right, if someone has more info,please do add.
Old 3rd June 2008, 10:15   #307
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post

Now

Force Gurkha --> LWB available only in 4WD

(Force Cruiser --> even more longer LWB only in 2WD)
If I remember the specs correctly the Gurkha still comes in the SWB measuring 2400 mm

Gama should be 2650 mm (not too sure about this) and the Toofan in the 3050mm
Old 3rd June 2008, 10:29   #308
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Gama is available in 4WD too, but you can't get AC, PS or Diff locks with 4WD.
Old 3rd June 2008, 10:56   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
As per the brochure, yes, but I dont think Force is actually going to supply the Gama with 4x4 : if one enquires for 4x4, the only option presented will be the Gurkha (and all this , after much persuasion of the dealer !!!)
Old 3rd June 2008, 13:27   #310
BANNED

Quote:
The Gurkha has different front rotors, control arms in rear suspension, the Gama differs from the Gurkha as its an ordinary Trax with 4WD added.
Old 13th June 2008, 00:54   #311
BHPian

May i ask you then why the Gurkha with OM616 is not selling,neither for onroad or offroading uses, in India very good?Mind you,I am in no way abusing your steed but what I say is what I believe and that too from experience.And please,OM616 is a very good IDI engine but not the 'last word in diesel engines'.When Daimler discarded it as outdated,naturally Firodias took it up.
Old 13th June 2008, 11:44   #312
Senior - BHPian

The OM616 is a classy engine built to last. The amount of miles you can rack up on it is amazing. I dont know if the rest of the vehicle will be durable for an easy 250K of miles but the engine should still be rock solid.
Old 13th June 2008, 17:27   #313
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Spoke to a senior officer at Force today. When I enquired if the new Gurkha will be launched by September this year he indicated it might be early next year.

So I guess for all us Gurkha fanatics its another 6 month wait for the new OM611 engined beast.

When I asked if the body would be upgraded too he hesitated to affirm it. I think they are planning the new model with a fresh look too. So after all I guess they want to get the Gurkha right for a proper launch in India. The new refined powerplant with a new look body.

Considering you have to wait 2 years to get your Ferrari 599 GTB once you order it I guess we can wait for 6 months more for the new Gurkha? Sabar ka phal meetha !
Old 13th June 2008, 17:41   #314
Team-BHP Support

Did they give any justification for the recent price increase? Going by that mindset, if they do upgrade the body and engine, the price might tip over 10L. Then nobody would like taking it off-road despite it's ability.
Old 13th June 2008, 18:27   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Did they give any justification for the recent price increase? Going by that mindset, if they do upgrade the body and engine, the price might tip over 10L. Then nobody would like taking it off-road despite it's ability.
10L will definitely put all Gurkhas off-road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks