Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2007, 01:29   #196
BHPian

Is samurai s' cousin getting an om 616 engine ?

Last edited by swathyd : 16th May 2007 at 01:31.
Old 16th May 2007, 06:58   #197
BHPian

Based on what I have heard i would be surprised if OM611 comes before Diwali. Force is simply not bothered / not in hurry to change engine now, because they mostly sell to rural markets where BSII is more than enough, price is key and refinement is mostly compared to bullock carts, and old MM Jeeps, not to cars :-). Given their volumes it makes no sense to sell/assemble/support two engines.

Their traveller buses can do with new engines in metros particularly, so that may be the only 'push' factor.
Old 16th May 2007, 07:00   #198
BHPian

Bond, you might want to add a fifth clause to your quote request

5) Delivery before my license expires due to old age.
Old 16th May 2007, 07:21   #199
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
Is samurai s' cousin getting an om 616 engine ?
Check this: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post366840

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggkg View Post
Based on what I have heard i would be surprised if OM611 comes before Diwali. Force is simply not bothered / not in hurry to change engine now, because they mostly sell to rural markets where BSII is more than enough, ... Given their volumes it makes no sense to sell/assemble/support two engines.

Their traveller buses can do with new engines in metros particularly, so that may be the only 'push' factor.
Given their volume... which is really high along the coastal belt... why can't Force support two engines? Their engines are standard across most of their MUV/UV and LCVs.
Old 16th May 2007, 08:25   #200
BHPian

High volumes yes but in zones which are rural /small town. There price becomes an issue and features like BSIII or BSIV and low NVH becomes redundant or non-issues. Anyway, IMHO...there could be other ways to look at it.. Even their current BSII/BSIII engine variations are, I am told just add-ons and not new design.
Old 16th May 2007, 11:09   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggkg View Post
Bond, you might want to add a fifth clause to your quote request

5) Delivery before my license expires due to old age.
Thats a good gesture, but dont worry lets see what outcome is there as I am directly contacting the marketing people hence would get a clear answer yes or no....

Om611 is getting commonised for both Traveller & Trax range hence expect a fast development beacuse targetted volume is around 25000 per annum.

And lastly over the years intrest of Firodias was very less in the company as brand name known to common people was Bajaj even thogh there was amuch thrust on Tempo or "F" logo, after the name change to Force there is renewed interest of promoters in the company... a lot of money is now utilised to enrich & make this brand popular .... expect a lot of new offerings this year form Minidor/ Minifour/trax/to revamped Traveller with new engines ... transmissions etc.

Will surely keep all of you updated for the same.
Old 16th May 2007, 11:35   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Bond View Post
Hi friends,

Today I have requested a quote for TRAX to below mentioned specifications to a force officials;

1) 4x4 Rationalised chassis of 3050 wheel base or 2750 WB
2) OM611 engine with G32 gearbox
3) Power Steering
4) Without Body

Lets see what he says, he suggested to get body built from DC as they are familiar with trax chassis.

Will keep you updated for the same.
Are they giving it like this. So could you ask them whether they could provide an engine( om616) and gearbox(g32).
Old 22nd May 2007, 12:09   #203
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Welcome back, Gurkha! Change of location on your profile - have you moved?
Thanks Steeroid,

After my misadventure in south where I almost lost my life, I am back living in Punjab for now temporarily, will proably be moving to Calcutta in the near future.
Old 22nd May 2007, 12:11   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurkha View Post
Thanks Steeroid,

After my misadventure in south where I almost lost my life, I am back living in Punjab for now temporarily, will proably be moving to Calcutta in the near future.
Good to hear that you survived!! Can you please tell us what happenned?
Old 22nd May 2007, 12:12   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurkha View Post
Thanks Steeroid,

Welcome back Gurkha. What happened?
Old 23rd May 2007, 09:49   #206
BANNED

Drove in searing heat for four days to Pollachi, Gurkha didn't flinch at all, no oil top ups nothing, nada, survived bad fog and rain, had a washout, horrible Bridgestone Duellers made the Gurkha spin 360 degrees three times on the Gujrat Varodara expressway. Reached Pollachi to buy some farm land and settle there for good, got caught by con men, everywhere we went, plenty of resentment toward north Indians and shown openly, even my foreigner wife was not spared. Had a stroke, BP shot up to 270 and was in coma for days, after that, had many more bad experiences so after one and half month of hell, decided to drive back, Gurkha persevered, this time caught in the Gujrat floods. So 8000KM in one and a half month's span. Best driving was in Rajasthan and parts of Mumbai Pune and Gujrat Vadodra. Sadly left a very bitter taste about south India with me and my entire family although we did meet some good people there but it was too late. Indian highways have a long way to go before one can say pleasure drive, too many unmarked speed breakers, some would have broken average sedan to pieces. I have enough experience to make a movie.
Old 23rd May 2007, 10:16   #207
Team-BHP Support

That's pretty sad, but I can believe it. Very risky to try something like this without local support or being a local. I grew up in rural areas, after a long stint in cities, I am again back in rural area. Unlike the popular belief, the rural population is very suspicious of outsiders, longer the distance from your native, more suspicion. Also to bust another popular myth, rural folks are lot more politically active than urban folks. In cities everybody minds their own business, in small towns/cities they mind the business of everyone else.
Old 23rd May 2007, 10:20   #208
Senior - BHPian

jeez mate, that is really sad to hear. I am also a punjabi currently living in south India and so far, over the last couple of years that I have been here (mix of bangalore and Kerala) I have had a very good experience and in fact I find people in South to be more gentle than folks back home and also more friendly. But having said that I have not lived in tamil nadu so far, so cant comment either ways. Hope that this was a one off thing and not symtomatic of the place- that would be really sad.

Good to know that you are OK now. do take out hte time to write your travellougue- am sure it would make for one heck of a reading.
Old 23rd May 2007, 10:22   #209
BHPian

Gurkha!

Sorry to hear about your bad experience man. I am a bit suprised myself. People in Pollachi and surroundings are known to be very very hospitable. May be things have changed since I left Coimbatore. :-(
Old 23rd May 2007, 11:17   #210
NIP
Senior - BHPian

very sorry to hear about your experiece gurkha...but i guess there are bad elements everywhere...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks