Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2007, 22:13   #226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Bond View Post
Today I have requested a quote for TRAX to below mentioned specifications to a force officials;
1) 4x4 Rationalised chassis of 3050 wheel base or 2750 WB
2) OM611 engine with G32 gearbox
Back on topic, how do you order a Trax when there are no showrooms or dealers?

Quote:
3) Power Steering
wouldnt this be standard on a vehicle this size? Anyway I can't imagine them running low volume production with two different steering plans.

Quote:
4) Without Body
Lets see what he says, he suggested to get body built from DC as they are familiar with trax chassis.
You are serious? This sounds like they are selling a truck! I thought that the reason why the Trax was cheap was because it was built using cheap body tooling. DC is going to negate that advantage.

Last edited by wizardofid : 24th May 2007 at 22:14. Reason: formatting
Old 24th May 2007, 23:41   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardofid View Post
off topic joke in Bangalore - when a chap goes to the Trax showroom and expresses his interest in a vehicle, the dealer thinks for a moment, and asks how LONG do you want it?
and when the chap gives him the answer the dealer's going to say "Let me ask Mr. Firodia"
Old 25th May 2007, 02:44   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is a Showroom in Bangalore.. Its right next to Prerana motors on the way from Double road to JC road.

Godfather
Old 25th May 2007, 07:59   #229
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
There are eleven dealers/showrooms spread over your state, that's a good number for a MUV/UV/LCV maker. Khivraj Motors is the Bangalore dealer if you are interested.

Quote:
wouldnt this be standard on a vehicle this size? Anyway I can't imagine them running low volume production with two different steering plans.
Every Trax vehicle is available with and without PS. In the coastal belt of Karnataka and Kerala, you can see three Trax vehicles for every Mahindra, so someobody must be producing them. So, time to stop imagining facts.

Quote:
You are serious? This sounds like they are selling a truck! I thought that the reason why the Trax was cheap was because it was built using cheap body tooling. DC is going to negate that advantage.
One more thought? Listen, if you don't know, find out, that is if you care. But posting your imagination and thoughts as fact will only mislead people who come here for real information.
Old 25th May 2007, 10:11   #230
BHPian

Quote:
You are serious? This sounds like they are selling a truck! I thought that the reason why the Trax was cheap was because it was built using cheap body tooling.
Trax has a very strong and well built shell as compared to other indian SUVs no question about the quality in that. True the interiors are a tad bit old fashioned but thats the deal with TRAX its an off roader not a luxuary highway cruiser!! and its built like an off roader. ofcourse you can strip the interiors and style it according to ur tastes..
Old 25th May 2007, 12:39   #231
BHPian

Hi freinds,

Well i have got information as per my specification of engine & gear box I wont get Trax... but still the person has assured me to wait for next 2 to 3 days... lets see... but with TD2650 FTI BSII engine or VP37 BSIII engine & standard G1 -18 gearbox with rationlised chassis delivery is possible.

Today or tomorrow I would be going to force motors to take out more details....

if any body is interested of contacting mr Firodia its on this <PM for email id> that is if Mr. Prasanna Firodia.. son of Mr. Abhay Firodia.

Note from mod: Do not publish email addresses on forums

Last edited by tsk1979 : 25th May 2007 at 13:51.
Old 28th May 2007, 11:37   #232
BHPian

Had gone to malappuram dist. kerala. Saw a lot of tempo trax challenger. Very good remarks by drivers and owners. Got a chance to travel in one for a short distance , the ride was very bumpy(seated in middle row), absolutely not comfortable even when compared to amby with a bad suspension. May be the trax i travelled has got a bad suspension.

Quite a few judos also seen there. Force motors has got some dealerships in malappuram dist.

Last edited by swathyd : 28th May 2007 at 11:39.
Old 28th May 2007, 21:35   #233
Team-BHP Support

It may not be fair to compare different Trax vehicles of varying sizes. Challenger is a rural transport with 13+1 seating. May be it has stiffer setup to handle 14 people. Gama which has the same size as Gurkha/Judo has much better ride comfort, seats are really bad though.
Old 28th May 2007, 22:28   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
There are eleven dealers/showrooms spread over your state, that's a good number for a MUV/UV/LCV maker. Khivraj Motors is the Bangalore dealer if you are interested.
We were looking for a Tempo Trax for someone in the family, (which is also how I got to know about the bank auctions) who settled instead on an overpriced used Qualis, simply because it was more accessible. Thanks for the update on the dealer. I'll pass it on to those I think might be interested.

Quote:
Every Trax vehicle is available with and without PS. In the coastal belt of Karnataka and Kerala, you can see three Trax vehicles for every Mahindra, so someobody must be producing them. So, time to stop imagining facts.
I used to drive a three speed CJ in my late teens and a MM540 later, both without power steering. I fitted a 5-speed tranny to my MM540, but could not change over to a PS. I've marked time at a manufacturer of these sorts of vehicles, and I know that it is difficult to mount power steering or collapsible columns in vehicles that were not designed for them, even if there is apparent space. Which is possibly why you dont hear of people fitting Esteem power steering in 1000s.

Quote:
One more thought? Listen, if you don't know, find out, that is if you care. But posting your imagination and thoughts as fact will only mislead people who come here for real information.
I responded to a post which read that the vehicle was available without a body, and that the manufacturer recommended that the buyer go to DC to get the body built. I did not intend to mislead anyone, but I know DC. Not well enough that he would remember me by name, but well enough for me to know that his services do not come cheap. And that, I thought, negated the advantage for a manufacturer who kept their intial investments low.
Old 29th May 2007, 16:34   #235
BHPian

There are vehicles in the Tirunelveli area (South TN) called TREKKER. It is VERY VERY comfortable over broken roads and can seat upto 12 I guess.

Samurai - heard of this?
Old 29th May 2007, 17:11   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
There are vehicles in the Tirunelveli area (South TN) called TREKKER. It is VERY VERY comfortable over broken roads and can seat upto 12 I guess.

Samurai - heard of this?
Trekker is made by HM & not Force. here is the link Multi Utility Vehicle Trekker
Old 29th May 2007, 17:22   #237
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Samurai - heard of this?
Heard of it? Our LPG cylinder supplier uses it. It is basically a mule, just 37.5HP. You gotta be kidding me.
Old 29th May 2007, 17:34   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ambassador chassis, open tin body, Autoland Diesel engine and seats stolen from the oldest RTC buses.

We did a Sabarimala trip in one when no taxis were available - it took forever to reach there, and then after some of us got off at the slopes.
Old 30th May 2007, 22:32   #239
BHPian

It is really comfortable over stones... You actually cant feel the stones at all, and they use some cheap, bald tyres...

One reason is probably because it's so heavily loaded that the suspension works well... or that I was used to an omni before that..

Whatever the reason,. its a perfect vehicle (after the Safari hehehe) where there are no roads
Old 30th May 2007, 23:38   #240
Senior - BHPian

Seriously OT, but here are pictures of India's first pickup!

Hindustan Porter Plus

http://www.merlingarages.co.uk/gallery/hindustan4i.jpg

Actually the first pickup was probably the Porter which was the Amby 1/2 body with a pickup backside.

They also had these interesting vehicles:

'NEW' Trekker
http://www.hmmuv.com/images/trekker.jpg

Pushpak
http://www.hmmuv.com/images/pushpak-sun2.jpg

Last edited by Steeroid : 30th May 2007 at 23:39.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks