Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2014, 02:10   #766

Re: Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?

Thanks Hargobind and jerrycan
The the documents have been submitted at registration at Jabalpur for registration after the registration will be getting NOC in my name to transfer it to Pune RTO. In the meanwhile the jeep has already arrived at Pune and am on a lookout for good workshop to restore the jeep. The Jeep restoration process will be documented in a separate thread. The jeep pictures are attached do let me know if you come across any thing in the pictures which needs.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?-jeep1.jpg  

Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?-jeep2.jpg  

Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?-jeep3.jpg  

Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?-jeep5.jpg  

Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?-jeep6.jpg  

Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?-jeep7.jpg  

Old 11th October 2014, 13:38   #767
BHPian

Well congrats on your purchase. Its in very good shape for a auctioned vehicle. what is the year of Manufacture of this jeep? from the position of gear lever, it seems to have a NGT 530 transmission on board . is it so ? can you post a bigger picture and specs of the CJ3b behind? is it also auctioned?
Old 11th October 2014, 14:49   #768

Quote:
Originally Posted by toms_2191 View Post
what is the year of Manufacture of this jeep? from the position of gear lever, it seems to have a NGT 530 transmission on board . is it so ? can you post a bigger picture and specs of the CJ3b behind? is it also auctioned?
Hi Toms,
Thank you. Its a 06 NGCS, It appears to be in a good condition because the previous owner has done some minor body, engine and coaching work. The Jeep is in a running condition and will be restored within a month or two. From what little i understand about Jeeps the transfer case is NGT 520. The Jeep behind is a 87-88 Petrol jeep owned by the person from whom i acquired the NGCS I am afraid that all I know.

Pardon my Noobiness where do we put the Jack on the jeep. Yesterday while getting the jeep back rear tyre got punctured neither the local puncturewala nor me had any idea where to put the bottle jack finaly put it under rear leafs I am sure this was not the proper place to put the jack.
Old 24th October 2014, 17:42   #769

Gentlemen

Behold a very expensive, yet very satisfying transformation.

Thanks
Manjeet

PS: The oil leak from front diff has been taken care of.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?-img20140809wa0017.jpg  

Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?-img_20140907_161214_960.jpg  

Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?-img_20141019_173046_198.jpg  

Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?-img_20141019_173117_315.jpg  

Manjeet_Singh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th November 2014, 17:52   #770

Gentlemen

Moving abroad for work on long-term basis in Jan 2015, Jeep is listed on Team BHP classifieds and other online sites.

Thanks
Manjeet
Old 5th December 2014, 01:19   #771
BHPian

Hi

Delhi based guys. There is a whole lot of auctions happening in CVD, Delhi Cantt by MSTC. It includes MM550s, Gypsies 410, 413 etc. Please have a look at the site and grab yourself some. Last date 9/10 Dec

Cheers
Old 2nd July 2015, 13:18   #772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrycan View Post
JONGAs Any body !

There are 2 Nos 97 Model Nissan Jongas' (IIRC, Indian army got a few diesel Jongas after 1991) up for auction on 08/05/2013 at Cheoki, Allahabad U.P. The Inspection Closes on 07/05/2013 and a pre bid of Rs. 50,000.00 has to be deposited latest by 07/05/2013
Here are some details of the Vehicles

Attachment 1080952

For more details Click Here http://www.mstcindia.co.in/TenderEnt...m_Details.aspx

Regards
Prabhu
Dear Sir,
I am also looking for a jonga... kINDLY GUIDE ME IF YOU HAVE SOURCE..THANKS IN ADVANCE
Old 2nd July 2015, 13:46   #773
Senior - BHPian

An advice to people who are planning to participate in MSTC e-auction: make sure to do thorough inspection of vehicle you are bidding for, else you may end up buying something like this

Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?-img20131211wa000.jpg

Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?-img20131211wa001.jpg

Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?-img20131211wa002.jpg

Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?-img20131211wa003.jpg

My friend bid for this Jonga from Chheoki depot (Allahabad) without seeing it, thinking he will restore it in any case. and when he went to take delivery this is what he found

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Shubhendra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 14:48   #774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
An advice to people who are planning to participate in MSTC e-auction: make sure to do thorough inspection of vehicle you are bidding for, else you may end up buying something like this

Attachment 1388529

Attachment 1388530

Attachment 1388531

Attachment 1388532

My friend bid for this Jonga from Chheoki depot (Allahabad) without seeing it, thinking he will restore it in any case. and when he went to take delivery this is what he found

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
wow...sad to see such a lovely vehicle in such a state...Feel sadder for your friend..he must have got a shock of his life. Anyways thanks for the headsup..regards
Old 7th July 2015, 17:32   #775
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
you may end up buying something like this
Ouch! How much did he pay for this if I may ask Banna?

Definitely an eye-opener!
Old 29th August 2015, 11:17   #776
BHPian

Is there a thread the lovers of army tamed vehicles can catch up with auctions,auctions worth while.It will be helpful if somebody nearby inspects and assess the vehicle condition at auction sites.And in a lot people can join together and get there interests
Old 3rd November 2015, 14:36   #777
Senior - BHPian

Guys anyone aware of any un-restored auction gypsy for sale?

There was this scrap dealer called Gypsy Sales on facebook, he seems to be out of action. He had some good deals to offer all the time.
Old 7th May 2016, 12:07   #778
BHPian

Hi all,

I have an ex crpf MPFI Gypsy which I bought some time ago and it was never transferred to my name because of some issues with the seller. Bought it from Mayapuri. Now the car is 15 years old and hardly driven 1K kms in last 2 + years as I didn't have papers for the car. Now person from mayapuri is telling me he can get the car registered in Himachal as it is and it will cost me 25K. Shall I play this gamble or shall I wait for some action on NGT ruling. I desperately want to enjoy the vehicle now as it has been rotting in my backyard for 2 + years after restoration.

Could any one of you guide me how to go about it.
Old 7th May 2016, 23:52   #779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
Hi all,

Now person from mayapuri is telling me he can get the car registered in Himachal as it is and it will cost me 25K. Shall I play this gamble or shall I wait for some action on NGT ruling. I desperately want to enjoy the vehicle now as it has been rotting in my backyard for 2 + years after restoration.

Hi Nick I am also in the same boat!
Have you asked him how he intends to do so?
Also if the year of manufacture on the new Regn is still 1999/2000 then even with an HP number you may not be able to drive it in delhi.

I have something i mind, pm me and we can take it offline.
Cheers ! abhi
Old 10th May 2016, 13:28   #780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
Hi all,

I have an ex crpf MPFI Gypsy which I bought some time ago and it was never transferred to my name because of some issues with the seller. Bought it from Mayapuri. Now the car is 15 years old and hardly driven 1K kms in last 2 + years as I didn't have papers for the car. Now person from mayapuri is telling me he can get the car registered in Himachal as it is and it will cost me 25K. Shall I play this gamble or shall I wait for some action on NGT ruling. I desperately want to enjoy the vehicle now as it has been rotting in my backyard for 2 + years after restoration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caged_nomad View Post
Hi Nick I am also in the same boat!
Have you asked him how he intends to do so?
Also if the year of manufacture on the new Regn is still 1999/2000 then even with an HP number you may not be able to drive it in delhi.

I have something i mind, pm me and we can take it offline.
Cheers ! abhi

Could you please share the name of this dealer for other members to be cautious of them in their future deals

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks