Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2008, 16:54   #91

Hi All
I am Shyam from Bangalore and I have been a member of this forum for long but have been lazy in introducing myself or posting anything meaningful. I am very into Cars, Bikes and Motorsport and have also dabbled in Motorsports when I was somewhat younger! Anyway, guess its never too late to take the plunge and contribute! Heres some pics of my Gypsy King Mpfi 2006. My Gypsy has a K&N Conical Filter, Headers and Koni Shocks with Upgraded Leaf Springs. One pic is when I drove the "00" Safety Car at the K-1000 Rally and another during the Raid-de-Himalaya which I drove recently.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Gypsy Pictures-dsc_11391.jpg  

Maruti Gypsy Pictures-rally-019.jpg  

Old 17th December 2008, 17:25   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyammg View Post
Hi All
I am Shyam from Bangalore and I have been a member of this forum for long but have been lazy in introducing myself or posting anything meaningful. I am very into Cars, Bikes and Motorsport and have also dabbled in Motorsports when I was somewhat younger! Anyway, guess its never too late to take the plunge and contribute! Heres some pics of my Gypsy King Mpfi 2006. My Gypsy has a K&N Conical Filter, Headers and Koni Shocks with Upgraded Leaf Springs. One pic is when I drove the "00" Safety Car at the K-1000 Rally and another during the Raid-de-Himalaya which I drove recently.
yes i recognise this gypsy from the k1000 , i remember me and my co driver checking it out , it was looking amazin , as seen in the first pic , my competiton number was 52 , the last entrant .
Old 18th December 2008, 21:31   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All
Shyammg,

Great looking gypsy. 2nd pic is amazing. Join us for an Off roading in Bangalore.

Dwarak
Old 18th December 2008, 21:40   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
shahnavaz and dwarak might recognise this place

Siddu,

I think this spot is not done by us. But picture is amazing poster for Maruti Suzuki Ltd./ Calender?

Dwarak
Old 18th December 2008, 21:48   #95
Senior - BHPian

WoW, front 2 wheels on air, jumping Gypsy. Nice picture. Are we lucky to see this Gypsy during any of the OTRs?
Old 18th December 2008, 22:12   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All
Nice pics Mr. Shyam Gopinath.
I am sure you have lots more interesting pics from the last Raid.
Please do post some more pics.

Cheers
Vaibhav
Old 19th December 2008, 09:27   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...Heres some pics of my Gypsy King Mpfi 2006. My Gypsy has a K&N Conical Filter, Headers and Koni Shocks with Upgraded Leaf Springs. One pic is when I drove the "00" Safety Car at the K-1000 Rally and another during the Raid-de-Himalaya which I drove recently.
shyammg: . That's two brilliant pictures I am seeing early morning -- my day is made sir. Need to meet you and check your gypsy out sometime.

btw, would like some details on the 'upgraded leaf springs'. What's that and where did you get this done? I have an extra leaf in my front suspension to ensure that the leafs don't bend downwards due to the stresses in the OTR's.

Guys in Bangalore -- Let's get together sometime with our Gypsy's for a lunch outing.

Cheers,

Last edited by khan_sultan : 19th December 2008 at 09:30.
Old 19th December 2008, 11:10   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
shyammg: . That's two brilliant pictures I am seeing early morning -- my day is made sir. Need to meet you and check your gypsy out sometime.

btw, would like some details on the 'upgraded leaf springs'. What's that and where did you get this done? I have an extra leaf in my front suspension to ensure that the leafs don't bend downwards due to the stresses in the OTR's.

Guys in Bangalore -- Let's get together sometime with our Gypsy's for a lunch outing.

Cheers,

Khan_Sultan,

Muh ke cheen Li. When, where, who all.

Dwarak
Old 19th December 2008, 11:17   #99
BANNED

Sirs, please keep this simple truck driver informed - always game to admire Gypsys and their Kings.
Old 19th December 2008, 12:36   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
Siddu,

I think this spot is not done by us. But picture is amazing poster for Maruti Suzuki Ltd./ Calender?

Dwarak
dwarak sir , this was in bidadi , u guys went ahead i took a left and i found this , it was a dead end , so i took a pic and got back on the trail
Old 19th December 2008, 13:05   #101
BHPian

thipgondanahalli

u guys like this one? i had to crop it in order to fit it here , its actually a wide angle shot ,thre is more of the scenery on the left of the pic in the original.thats nitin atop the gypsy posing,he looking towards the mountiand in the background adds to the effect of the pic
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Gypsy Pictures-picture-009_edited.jpg  

Old 19th December 2008, 16:33   #102

@siddartha - Thanks
@dwarka - Thanks for the invite! I will join you guys sometime. I am travelling a fair bit but will make it very soon!
@mjothi - Hopefully very soon - But your OTR's are extreme man! I tend to like faster and flatter dirt
@gotzuk - Do you remember that we met at the Holiday Home , Shimla and also at may TC's. In fact saw your gypsy and turned my roof black on coming back but it looks pretty awful with the hardtop and all the waves and ripples of the fibreglass! Will post more pics of the raid soon.
@khan_sultan - welcome to check out anytime! Upgraded Springs (This sounds very hi-tech in hindsight!) I thought of it as just another way of saying extra leaf - sorry no rocket science! Actually what is really great in conjunction with the extra leaf is the koni "heavy track" monotube gas shocks. Its significantly stiffer yet better to drive than the stock shocks. Lunch's a good idea - Only need it to be at a place where we can park!
Old 19th December 2008, 17:21   #103
BHPian

Quote:
@siddartha - Thanks
@dwarka - Thanks for the invite! I will join you guys sometime. I am travelling a fair bit but will make it very soon!
@mjothi - Hopefully very soon - But your OTR's are extreme man! I tend to like faster and flatter dirt
@gotzuk - Do you remember that we met at the Holiday Home , Shimla and also at may TC's. In fact saw your gypsy and turned my roof black on coming back but it looks pretty awful with the hardtop and all the waves and ripples of the fibreglass! Will post more pics of the raid soon.
@khan_sultan - welcome to check out anytime! Upgraded Springs (This sounds very hi-tech in hindsight!) I thought of it as just another way of saying extra leaf - sorry no rocket science! Actually what is really great in conjunction with the extra leaf is the koni "heavy track" monotube gas shocks. Its significantly stiffer yet better to drive than the stock shocks. Lunch's a good idea - Only need it to be at a place where we can park!
hey shyam ,the concept of speed is almost non existent on our otrs, and its not what u would call "dirt", i know what u mean by flatter faster dirt,(rally/ gravel track)

i see no roll cage in ur gypsy, is that allowed?(for the 00 car?) i guess you did the endurance run of the himalayan raid , am planning to do it next year , so gimme some tips
Old 19th December 2008, 17:27   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Actually what is really great in conjunction with the extra leaf is the koni "heavy track" monotube gas shocks. Its significantly stiffer yet better to drive than the stock shocks.
Hi Shyam,

Could you give details of the Koni "heavy track" monotube gas shocks that adorn your gypsy? Price? and where you sourced it from?

I've got Peddars Gas Shocks on mine but want to try a different setup for my MM540!
Old 19th December 2008, 17:40   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Shyam,
Of course, I remember you.
I was hoping you did too!!

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks