Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2010, 17:20   #376
Senior - BHPian

Great Escape- Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post

I think between the Bombay, Chennai, Bangalore and Hyd offroaders we should be able to make this happen once a year.

Vinod you want to call it the Thar Trails and sponsor it? I guess you could expand the scope of MGE to do this too

Here's how it should work

You drop off your Thar or other Mahindra 4x4 at the nearest Mahindra dealer.
Car gets transported to the OTR location or nearest city where you can fly in
Do the Thar Trail for a couple of days 4-5 days
Fly back and the Thar/Jeep gets transported back

Mahindra organises the event, taking care of recovery, route management, food, fuel, tents/camping stuff if required

Ideal offroad family vacation? I think so!
DKG,
We share similar ideas! I will share this with our team and take it forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Infact, M&M can go a step ahead and lend their vehicles for the trails.

If, the guys fly down to the destination, enjoy the M&M vehicles over the trail as well as get to enjoy the trails, then it becomes even better

Now, what does Mahindra get and achieve.

1. Mahindra gets free publicity!!!
2. A free evaluation of all their vehicles by novices and experts
3. Free feedback on their products
4. Getting more customers
Headers this would be too expensive and risky way to get feedback. Iam not in for this.

Quote:
But the only problem with that is people unfamiliar with offroad driving will prove to be a diasaster. You don't organise a event for people in the Himalayas when they've never driven an offroader !!

This has to be for people who have owned a 4x4 Mahindra and used it for a while to be comfortable with various aspects of offroad driving.

They could perhaps hold a briefing camp in home cities and then once you clear the briefing you are set for the real adventure.

Mahindra could identify trails of increasing difficulty. That way owners have something to keep coming back to. Successfully completing the hardest trail should be about as difficult or easy as climbing mount Everest

They could issue a badge for the car as it completes trails of increasing difficulty. Jeeps building up an amazing history of accomplishments.
I agree. If M&M is involved, then safety would be top priority. So no risky business of giving vehicles to unknown skillset driver.
I had proposed this idea already- vehicles could be trail rated. long way to go. lets start it small and we will make it big!

Last edited by vinod_nookala : 21st May 2010 at 17:23.
Old 21st May 2010, 17:31   #377
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Deepak,
It is a feasible proposition which will be a win situation for M&M and also put to rest the apprehensions by some of our friends. What say?
If you are referring to the test drive campaign, once the car is launched it will be available as a demo at dealer level.

Apart from this Vinod just organised a 4x4 experience at the South Auto Expo. That really is the right way to do it, a controlled environment, safety factors considered and monitored. That's the perfect way to expose more and more people to this sport. BTW Vinod at all such 4x4 clinics you could consider showcasing the MGE experience via hoardings of images of Mahindra 4x4's in exotic locations, testimonials by owners about the terrific experience etc. It will be an impressive way to introduce someone new to the world of offroading.

Fazal I also am referring to the post purchase activity. That is, once you buy a Thar a whole new world of adventure should open up. In the long run people will be drawn to the Thar just so that they too can have the adventure holidays. You sell the experience, the car will get sold automatically !!

Last edited by DKG : 21st May 2010 at 17:51.
Old 21st May 2010, 17:35   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

There's sound business sense behind conducting the MGE. Now the time has come for the MGE to grow in terms of its scope so owners will see an entire lifetime ahead of fun and learning and more fun. That's how you plug offroaders in a market ! Chrysler created the Jeep Jamboree just for this purpose. The Camel Trophy had a similar effect on LR sales.
Though iam too yuong to appreciate you, but i must say you have a holistic understanding of the automotive scenario.

Its time to take MGE to the next level!
Old 21st May 2010, 17:45   #379
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Its time to take MGE to the next level!
MGE is a potent marketing tool available to you.

The next step is to grade the experience. So as an owner goes through Level 1 for example he then can participate in level 2 etc etc

You will do so much to further the offroading scene in India. I see it happening with passionate guys like you at M&M

Good times around the corner !!
Old 21st May 2010, 17:57   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The next step is to grade the experience. So as an owner goes through Level 1 for example he then can participate in level 2 etc etc
Deepak,
How on earth do you come up with these formulations?
Quote:
Fazal I also am referring to the post purchase activity. That is, once you buy a Thar a whole new world of adventure should open up. In the long run people will be drawn to the Thar just so that they too can have the adventure holidays. You sell the experience, the car will get sold automatically !!
This is a very very possible, a great idea and also remember that Mahindra is Hospitality business...Club Mahindra!
Vinod, Get the cue? It's is your call to take it from here, Thar most everything is possible.
Regards,
Old 21st May 2010, 18:00   #381
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Deepak,
How on earth do you come up with these formulations?
Hyderabadi biryani ka asar bhai jaan !!!

Jokes aside when you are focused on enjoying every moment, you contantly explore possibilities. When you let go of the past new ideas flow in naturally

PS Your reference to Club Mahindra is spot on. Horizontal integration of two otherwise totally unrelated lines !! Now that's intelligent business, where one business capitalises on the other's speciality and they both benefit ! Creating such synergies would be the ultimate goal I'm sure of any leader of such a large group.

Last edited by DKG : 21st May 2010 at 18:04.
Old 21st May 2010, 18:04   #382
Team-BHP Support

I remember Ford conducting an obstacle challenge, a small one to showcase to prospective customers here in BLR, few years back. I was invited since i had a Ford vehicle at that time and had driven the Endeavor. Was a short drive and a small one at that.
Old 21st May 2010, 18:35   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Was a short drive and a small one at that.
Jaggu,
We will make the next one long, together with Deepak and many others.
Regards,
Old 21st May 2010, 18:37   #384
BHPian

My god..all this sounds to good to be true... My cynical side is waking up.
Old 21st May 2010, 18:37   #385
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota, LR, & Pajero are also doing such activities since quite a while. They take existing customers for soft roading. I haven't heard of them doing that for prospective customers (that too for a low priced car as compared to the above)
Old 21st May 2010, 19:45   #386
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
...That is, once you buy a Thar a whole new world of adventure should open up. In the long run people will be drawn to the Thar just so that they too can have the adventure holidays. You sell the experience, the car will get sold automatically !!
I'll be honest - i can't keep up with the rate at which the Thar threads unravel. However, this post caught my eye.

BRILLIANT idea. Not only are you selling a car, but also planning out a few weekends of the year for the buyers. Special locations, priority accommodations, fun events/trails, etc. Great. This can take it one step further than just showing a 4x4 crossing a himalyan stream in the TV adverts.

cya
R
Old 21st May 2010, 20:00   #387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
BRILLIANT idea. Not only are you selling a car, but also planning out a few weekends of the year for the buyers. Special locations, priority accommodations, fun events/trails, etc. Great. This can take it one step further than just showing a 4x4 crossing a himalyan stream in the TV adverts.
cya
R
Maybe M&M will contract this out to Arka Adventures Inc. since this internationally known corporation already has the skill set and experience in this venue. I understand the president of Arka has a "slush fund" created just for this purpose.
Old 21st May 2010, 20:03   #388
jp1
BHPian

I think Team BHP along with Thar is going to make sort of World Record. So many pages contributed to a particular vehicle even before it is launched. Already three separate threads running (one locked) and each thread going to pages and pages without any sign of the vehicle being launched. I am sure there are many people considering Thar just because of these threads. I dont think Mahindra needs to do any marketing, just point their advertisement to Team BHP. Thar owes a lot to Team-BHP

Last edited by jp1 : 21st May 2010 at 20:06.
Old 21st May 2010, 22:24   #389
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'll be honest - i can't keep up with the rate at which the Thar threads unravel. However, this post caught my eye.

cya
R
How is this any different from the annoying Great Escape they conduct (close to the Mahindra Resorts ofcourse)? I hope Nookala does something about it and gets them to see that fording a 1 foot high stream is not offroading.

Think we can do the offroading thing very well ourselves. The last thing I need is a nincompoop from an agency who doesnt know 4 wheels from 2 telling me when to get up in the morning.

Or like what Dan said, just outsource it to Arka Inc. He will SHOUT us all up in the morning like sarge
Old 21st May 2010, 23:37   #390
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

cya
R
You got it spot on Rehaan. Sell the experience, the product becomes a necessary tool for the experience !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
Maybe M&M will contract this out to Arka Adventures Inc. since this internationally known corporation already has the skill set and experience in this venue. I understand the president of Arka has a "slush fund" created just for this purpose.
I don't see why not. MGE use expertise of former rally drivers like Hari Singh and maybe others. Arka too can be invaluable in selecting trails of tougher skill level requirements. He can be a very busy man doing this !! That is if he can pull himself from his present vocation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
I think Team BHP along with Thar is going to make sort of World Record. So many pages contributed to a particular vehicle even before it is launched. Already three separate threads running (one locked) and each thread going to pages and pages without any sign of the vehicle being launched. I am sure there are many people considering Thar just because of these threads. I dont think Mahindra needs to do any marketing, just point their advertisement to Team BHP. Thar owes a lot to Team-BHP
TBHP is playing a stellar role in this product's development and release and hopefully its success too. There is some real activity that is hinging off these discussions and its not casual banter anymore. I find what is happening here on TBHP the ultimate synergy between prospective customers and a manufacturer via a forum that only gets richer in information by the second !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
How is this any different from the annoying Great Escape they conduct (close to the Mahindra Resorts ofcourse)? I hope Nookala does something about it and gets them to see that fording a 1 foot high stream is not offroading.
Hold your horses, by the time Arka signs off Level 7 of MGE and you get halfway through up the levels you will need nerves of steel to even sign up for an MGE

Quote:
The last thing I need is a nincompoop from an agency who doesnt know 4 wheels from 2 telling me when to get up in the morning.
A newbie will appreciate being handheld like that. Get ready for MGE 2,3,4...and you won't be complaining. What say Vinod?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks