Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 22nd May 2010, 12:10   #391

Originally Posted by DKG View Post
A newbie will appreciate being handheld like that. Get ready for MGE 2,3,4...and you won't be complaining. What say Vinod?
DKG,
You are spot ON! Iam yet to attend a MGE myself to evaluate things. It is from MGE 2,3,4 you may find improvements. Toughness of the trails is one of the many parameters to be considered.

Some customers dont like tough trails at all, like for eg iam told one customer started shouting at organisers as he felt the bad road was too tough for him to handle! He asked why did you call me to spoil my car?

Iam sure no body could answered him like we do in JT who shows tantrums- "Abe tu kya picnic pe aya tha??" He is a customer and cannot be answered like that. Some customers complain puddles of water, leave alone 1 foot deep water. We cant refuse them at the same time we cant dilute the theme of the event. Tough call!

Next MGE is near Mumbai during monsoons. Would be a learning experience for me.

p.s- First little step from my end- two seperate obstacle courses for 2wd and 4wd SUV's & MUV's. Sounds good?

MODS- Can we shift the MGE improvement and off road carnival discussion to a seperate thread? Thread could be named- 'MGE @Next Level'
Old 22nd May 2010, 12:14   #392
DKG

Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Can we shift the MGE improvement and off road carnival discussion to a seperate thread? Thread could be named- 'MGE @Next Level'
Vinod actually the http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-te...unlimited.html thread was started just for this purpose to id MGE 2,3,4 and so on. Arka is active on that thread and something worthwhile should emerge.
Old 22nd May 2010, 12:39   #393

Pricing Logic for THAR

Last evening I had a long discussion with a friend who also has been following the THAR thread albeit silently and is concerned about the pricing. This is the logic I discussed with him and have even put a 1000 rupee bet that THAR will be priced along these lines:

Bolero Storm 4x2 - 6.9 L Ex showroom with 40 k Discount = 6.5 L
Bolero Storm 4x4 ( As and when it comes) - 6.5 L + 1 L ( At the max for front differential & Transfer Case) = 7.5 L
Thar with HT & AC - 7.5L - 1L = 6.5L

I'm hoping the bean counters and marketing guru's at M&M will see logic in this and price the THAR accordingly.
Old 22nd May 2010, 18:08   #394

@MC: Maybe they bean counters at Mahindra will price the Thar at 7.0 lakhs with a *permanent* 50K discount like on the VLX. The VLX price was not even mentioned in the website when I last checked.
Old 22nd May 2010, 18:23   #395

Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Last evening I had a long discussion with a friend who also has been following the THAR thread albeit silently and is concerned about the pricing. This is the logic I discussed with him and have even put a 1000 rupee bet that THAR will be priced along these lines:

Bolero Storm 4x2 - 6.9 L Ex showroom with 40 k Discount = 6.5 L
Bolero Storm 4x4 ( As and when it comes) - 6.5 L + 1 L ( At the max for front differential & Transfer Case) = 7.5 L
Thar with HT & AC - 7.5L - 1L = 6.5L

I'm hoping the bean counters and marketing guru's at M&M will see logic in this and price the THAR accordingly.
I tend to agree with the logic here. my vote is for the Thar with HT and AC for 6 lakhs or below and then invest another 1.5L for winch, bumper, lights, tyres etc. Any more, I will not buy the Thar. Hope M&M is listening.....
Old 22nd May 2010, 21:00   #396
Muzungu

Originally Posted by zipperone View Post
I tend to agree with the logic here. my vote is for the Thar with HT and AC for 6 lakhs or below and then invest another 1.5L for winch, bumper, lights, tyres etc. Any more, I will not buy the Thar. Hope M&M is listening.....
has anyone tried to make a booking for THAR with any of the MM dealer?

i know THAR has not been launched as yet.

i talked to a VW dealer in NCR to book a 1.6 polo and they are ready to accept the down payment/ booking amount. so thats why i asked the question about THAR!

Old 22nd May 2010, 21:57   #397

Originally Posted by Muzungu View Post
has anyone tried to make a booking for THAR with any of the MM dealer?
LOL. I just posted what appears below, and saw your query. You really ought to read my booking / buying experience on this thread to have your question answered!
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Careful about what any M&M dealer's sales guy tells you, unless you get it in writing.
... Deepak is a bright example of what a sales guy shouldn't be, and he has no idea about the product(s) he sells.
Old 23rd May 2010, 12:07   #398

@muzungu: Most likely they will take a booking from you for a Thar and deliver a Xylo.
Old 23rd May 2010, 15:44   #399
Muzungu

Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
@muzungu: Most likely they will take a booking from you for a Thar and deliver a Xylo.
Salesmen to me: Saar, THAR is only for export. since you have made a booking, why dont you take a Xylo?

i belive you 4x4addict when you made that comment. MM dealer salesmen mostly dont know what they selling to the customers!

99.99% are just Salesmen and have nothing to do with being an automotive salesperson.

Old 23rd May 2010, 21:49   #400

When is the Thar expected to be on sale?
Old 24th May 2010, 10:30   #401

My suggestions for the Thar:

1. Airbags
2. ABS
3. Hard Top
4. AC
5. 2WD
6. Front facing rear seats

The above would make Thar the best choice for ordinary people like me.
Old 24th May 2010, 11:23   #402

Maybe the tahr should be spelt right.
Old 24th May 2010, 11:36   #403

Originally Posted by Thar View Post

1. Airbags
2. ABS
3. Hard Top
4. AC
5. 2WD

You got yourself the handle Thar and then demand 2WD?
Old 24th May 2010, 12:07   #404

Originally Posted by Sivasankar View Post
When is the Thar expected to be on sale?
BD sir, it would be highly appreciated if you could give us an answer to the above, thank you.
Old 24th May 2010, 12:14   #405

Originally Posted by Thar View Post

1. Airbags
2. ABS
3. Hard Top
4. AC
5. 2WD

You got yourself the handle Thar and then demand 2WD?
+1 to that!

@ Thar: Demanding 2WD in Thar is equal to blasphemy. The features listed by you especially ABS & Airbags will push the price of the vehicle above 8 Lakhs and thereby restricting its marketability. Plus I'm not sure how will the airbags behave especially accidental deployment considering the type of OTRs the vehicle will get subjected to.

There are more than enough vehicles with the features that you want, Safari & Scorpio to many a few!

I'm not sure whether you have really understood which section of the market the THAR is positioned for.
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks