Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2013, 10:48   #466
Team-BHP Support

Re: 3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

I have given up washing the car completely, thanks to 3M HSR store. I go here even for my routine washes now since :

- It is closeby to my home. I'm just a 10 minutes drive away.
- Excellent, flawless service by Sidhu's team, week after week. Not to forget, the staff are very courteous, friendly and open to feedback all the time.
- Nice opportunity to meet like-minded fellow BHPians
- My home portico is a bit cramped and washing is a bit tedious there. The dirty water tends to form puddles in front of the home entrance ramp, so my mom objects to frequent washes.
- I don't have a pressure wash kit to blast off dirt from nooks and corners, so I prefer the professionals doing it.

Another reason I prefer this place for washes : the water at home (from the tap) forms water marks after drying up. 3M stores use some treatment solution in water to remove hardness, bring it to neutral pH, etc. For the past year or so that I have started routine washing only at 3M, the surface has remained fresh and glossy. THIS is reason enough for me to continue the washes only at this place.

Of course, my 3M visits are frequent also because I keep getting CF vinyl jobs done on the Punto, experimenting with different styles like people experiment with beards and moustaches. The CF vinyl workmanship is excellent by the boy here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Although I am not a regular customer like nkrishnap, autocrat, crazy_driver and Karthikk. Plus the 3M store in HSR layout is the closest one for me so it's convenient as well.

The above names I mentioned come to 3M HSR layout from Yelahanka, RT nagar and Jaynagar. That's the real testimony. Even though they have 3M shops nearby their area, they still prefer to drive down to the other side of Bangalore just for a wash!!
the other side of Bangalore? Not really. The other 3 stay quite far off, but I am just ~4km away from the 3m store. In fact, I think my place is closer to the hsr store than your place!

Last edited by KarthikK : 30th April 2013 at 10:53.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 12:39   #467
Senior - BHPian

hi Karthikk, i guess that would be expensive right? 3M is not cheap anyways. I also visit the place frequently. Do they have any monthly wash package or something like that?

Last edited by bblost : 30th April 2013 at 13:11. Reason: Please avoid using sms words like rt for right. Thanks.
Old 30th April 2013, 13:06   #468
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
hi Karthikk, i guess that would be expensive rt? 3M is not cheap anyways.
Well, I have 2 cars and every car gets a wash on alternate weeks. That explains why I am there for washes almost once every week . The total amount spent per month is roughly 350 or 400 bucks X 4 = ~1500 bucks. Considering many people get cars washed by local cleaner boys or apartment security guards for 500-700 bucks per month, paying another 700 for the quality of wash/materials used and peace-of-mind here is a no-brainer for me. If I washed my cars at home with the same shampoo and conventional water hose pipe, I would probably spend a huge amount on water and shampoo, not to forget the effort and inconvenience in my particular case (cramped portico).

Quote:
I also visit the place frequently. Do they have any monthly wash package or something like that?
I think they have an annual AMC-type package which includes a couple of sealant treatments and monthly washes or something. Not sure about what the package contains exactly. Others who have opted for it may be able to elaborate.

Last edited by KarthikK : 30th April 2013 at 13:16.
Old 30th April 2013, 15:41   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Well, I have 2 cars and every car gets a wash on alternate weeks. That explains why I am there for washes almost once every week . The total amount spent per month is roughly 350 or 400 bucks X 4 = ~1500 bucks. Considering many people get cars washed by local cleaner boys or apartment security guards for 500-700 bucks per month, paying another 700 for the quality of wash/materials used and peace-of-mind here is a no-brainer for me. If I washed my cars at home with the same shampoo and conventional water hose pipe, I would probably spend a huge amount on water and shampoo, not to forget the effort and inconvenience in my particular case (cramped portico).
Hey Karthik, I just need a clarification on the foam wash. Do you get your regular foam wash done on a weekend ?

I had been to 3M last monday to get our Figo washed and I was told by Pradeep that they would do the regular foam wash only from Monday to Thursday.
Old 30th April 2013, 15:47   #470
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohittunga View Post
Hey Karthik, I just need a clarification on the foam wash. Do you get your regular foam wash done on a weekend ?

I had been to 3M last monday to get our Figo washed and I was told by Pradeep that they would do the regular foam wash only from Monday to Thursday.
Yes they don't usually do just a foam wash on weekends since you may end up waiting for hours just for a wash. They however will do it if your willing to wait there till a slot opens up or when they are free.

It depends on rush.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 16:07   #471
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohittunga View Post

Vidyut is right. They don't usually take bookings or give guarantees for foam washes on weekends, due to the more important packages needing priority (sealant, power shine, interior clean, etc) and also those are the days when they are overloaded the most. If you absolutely insist on getting it done on the weekend, you may have to wait quite a bit since the other vehicles who had booked earlier will be given first priority.

I usually get the car wash done on weekday evenings if I am in a hurry. Works for me because the place is on my ORR return route from office. I'd suggest the same - if you make time and go on weekdays the place will be free, and the staff can give your car undivided attention.

Last edited by KarthikK : 30th April 2013 at 16:09.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2013, 06:31   #472
BHPian

I got the 3M underbody rust proofing treatment (5 years) done a couple of weeks back, with rainy season just around the corner.
To my amazement, road and tyre noise came down significantly after the treatment! I was quite bothered by the racket goodyear gt3's make, and the secondary effects really made me happy :-)

Last edited by autocrat : 8th May 2013 at 06:33.
autocrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2013, 07:56   #473
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
I got the 3M underbody rust proofing treatment (5 years) done a couple of weeks back, with rainy season just around the corner.
To my amazement, road and tyre noise came down significantly after the treatment! I was quite bothered by the racket goodyear gt3's make, and the secondary effects really made me happy :-)
OT: Its time to get the quiet shoes like the AVS DB or PLCs on and get rid of the GT3s.
Old 8th May 2013, 09:15   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post

OT: Its time to get the quiet shoes like the AVS DB or PLCs on and get rid of the GT3s.
Indeed, GT3s are getting shredded - don't know if its a quality problem with tyres - the treads are chipping off. I can't reach the inner treads to take pic where the wear is worse.

I drove harder on much worse roads in my other car and even after 40000 kms the OE apollos did not chip or shred. Goodbye to goodyear GT3s soon.
Attached Images

Last edited by autocrat : 8th May 2013 at 09:17.
Old 13th May 2013, 09:56   #475
BHPian

Took the XUV to 3M yesterday for underbody and paint sealant. Brilliant job done by Sidhu and team...!

Uploaded some pics. It was cloudy, so it hasn't come out that well.

Plan to put paint protect film on the rear and from bumpers, and ORVMs. Any feedback from those who have already put it?
Attached Thumbnails
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-20130512_162427.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-20130512_162505.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-20130512_162413.jpg  

aajohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2013, 10:22   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajohn View Post
Took the XUV to 3M yesterday for underbody and paint sealant. Brilliant job done by Sidhu and team...!

Uploaded some pics. It was cloudy, so it hasn't come out that well.

Plan to put paint protect film on the rear and from bumpers, and ORVMs. Any feedback from those who have already put it?
Feedback from someone who has not: please put it.

After getting a scratch like this, even if you wish you had, there is no meaning, and even if you put there is no use :(
Attached Images

Old 13th May 2013, 10:51   #477
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
Feedback from someone who has not: please put it.

After getting a scratch like this, even if you wish you had, there is no meaning, and even if you put there is no use :(
I think that scratch can be removed by the 3M guys with some amount of compound. Though a PPF would have always been a better idea.
Old 13th May 2013, 11:14   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post

I think that scratch can be removed by the 3M guys with some amount of compound. Though a PPF would have always been a better idea.
The scratches have dug deep enough to expose the black fiber. Needs a touch up :(
Old 16th May 2013, 22:54   #479
Distinguished - BHPian

I have no words to describe my loyalty to Sidhu. I will not call it 3M anymore because for me, Sidhu's brand is bigger than 3M's.

I was planning to take my car out of town and before that I dropped in to Sidhu's place for a quick wash. (the word quick is negotiable as I wasted 2 hours travelling back and forth).

One of his boys yanked the front driver's seat so hard that the adjustment handle broke! the seat was stuck in the extreme front position. I'm a big guy and there was no way I could have driven that way.

Siddhu got a local mechanic to come and fix it temporarily. It's been that way for about 1 week. I havent had time to fix it.

I always believe that the true quality of a business is shown when there is a problem or a crisis. The wya Siddhu handled the situation was exemplary. He offered me his car for a day while he got my car fixed. I was not keen on that idea as I had made other plans.

And of course, because of the "Mental Harassment" caused to me, he didnt charge a single penny for the car wash which was upto the usual standard.

I am detailing (pun intended) my experience here only to show that anyone going to 3M HSR is in good hands.

This one "bad" experience has made me a loyal customer for life.

I know it sounds like I have been paid to write this post, but believe me, I am extremely happy and in my MBA language, I will admit I am now a Brand Evangelist.

After this, I was visiting my friend in HSR on Tuesday and sicne the car was very dirty, dropped it at 3M for a wash again. Sidhu's boys did a fantastic job of cleaning, claying and waxing my car and as an enthusiast, I cannot explain the child-like joy it gives me to just look at my car as I am approaching it when it is parked anywhere.

The only disadvantage I can think of now is that the standards have been set so high, it will be a challenge for Sidhu's team to meet it.

After all these visits, I must say a special thanks to our moderator Jaggu who introduced me to this place.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2013, 13:51   #480
BHPian

Pics of my car after 2 previous washes @ 3M HSR layout.
Attached Images

autocrat is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks