Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2013, 17:11   #496
Senior - BHPian

Re: 3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

I was planning to visit 3M Car Care from past 1 year but couldn't go due to some or the other reason. I drove to Mangalore last weekend where it was raining cats and dogs due to which the car body was full of tar spots, mud, sand, etc. There were lot of swirl marks, minor scratches on the body which were developed in the past 2 years. Hence decided to visit 3M this week and got an appointment for today.

I took the car to 3M this morning and was greeted by Pradeep. He explained me all the available packages and I decided to go for the 1 year total exterior package. The Power Shine package was used today.

The car getting a foam wash.
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-imag0175.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-imag0176.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-imag0177.jpg

The end result. This is how it looks after 2 years and 52,000 km:
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-imag0178.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-imag0180.jpg

I'm highly satisfied with the work done by 3M team. Usually its very difficult for the car detailing personnel to put a smile on black car customers but there was a big grin on my face after the treatment. The above low resolution pictures doesn't do any justice for the work done. One has to actually see it in person.
@KarthikK, Can you please post the pics captured in your SLR?

I had a good chat for a good amount of time with Sidhu Sir and TBHP member speed kills. Later met IronHawk and KarthikK with his unknown "imported" car .

What I really liked in the 3M Car Care is the hospitality shown by Sidhu Sir and Pradeep to their customers. I haven't come across such kind of hospitality in recent times anywhere. Keep up the good work team. You have won another loyal customer .

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 15th June 2013 at 17:21.
guyfrmblr is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th June 2013, 10:01   #497
Senior - BHPian

When I parked and I was walking towards 3M I could swear the Polo and the i20 looked very familiar

It was nice meeting you guys after a long time; specially speed_kills. Last I met him was I think was more than a year back when we had done a meet and a photo shoot at Cuppa HSR.

After my class when I came out it was raining slightly. I thought Karthik might be still at 3M and called him; but he said he had scooted at the first sign of rains and was already at home. I started walking to 3M and thinking the my car would be ruined in the rains now (had got it washed). When I reached there I was pleasantly surprised - my car was parked inside!

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-image3525793897.jpg

While Sidhu and I were trying to figure out the problem with the a/c blower, nkrishnap walked in (he was already 3M and was sitting in the office). Had a chat and the we parted ways. The rains had stopped by then
IronH4WK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2013, 18:30   #498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Nishath View Post
Will be returning for the PPF treatment during my 1st free service(Nandi Toyota is close by) early next month.Posting the invoice pic for the benefit of other members.
Planning to book an appointment for the 4th of July to get the bumper corners PPF'd. If you are planning on similar timeframes, we could meet up.
Old 17th June 2013, 22:09   #499
Senior - BHPian

Some more pics taken by KarthikK.

The mirror finish:
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0158.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0159.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0155.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0157.jpg
guyfrmblr is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th June 2013, 22:17   #500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post

The mirror finish:
HOLY SMOKES.. it looks awesome

Last edited by n_aditya : 18th June 2013 at 10:03. Reason: quote tag fixed
dass is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2013, 03:27   #501
Senior - BHPian

I've taken my 2 year old Black Vento to 3M, which is walk-able distance from my home. Pradeep was very kind & courteous and explained all the packages that were offered by 3M. I've gone for Exterior Sealant and in Interior cleaning. These guys have done an excellent job. Also opted to buy Nomad mats.

After-all, left the 3M with a sore thing: My SanDisk Cruzer Switch 32 GB Pen Drive went missing. All things were taken out from the car before it went for cleaning. I forgot to collect my pen drive which was connected to external cable that was hidden under the seat and that went for wash followed by interior & exterior cleaning. I could notice my pen drive was snitched. Searched every-where, also in the vacuum cleaner but couldn't find it.

Pradeep was apologetic for what had happened, he did his best. Even I left 3M with little disappointment.

Last edited by Ramsagar : 18th June 2013 at 03:31.
Ramsagar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2013, 08:05   #502
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I took the car to 3M this morning and was greeted by Pradeep. He explained me all the available packages and I decided to go for the 1 year total exterior package. The Power Shine package was used today.
Quote:
Looks absolutely smashing! If this is the result with just power shine treatment, I'm waiting for the pictures with Paint sealant. Although the 2 treatments differ only by the end layer (wax v/s sealant), the sealant layer actually brings out more gloss. Your i20 will soon be one of the glossiest cars in town after this package is used.

Last edited by KarthikK : 18th June 2013 at 08:22.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2013, 09:48   #503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post

Looks absolutely smashing! If this is the result with just power shine treatment, I'm waiting for the pictures with Paint sealant. Although the 2 treatments differ only by the end layer (wax v/s sealant), the sealant layer actually brings out more gloss. Your i20 will soon be one of the glossiest cars in town after this package is used.
After I returned home, everyone asked me what happened to the car after seeing the gloss on the car. My neighbor asked whether I got the car repainted
guyfrmblr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2013, 15:27   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post

After-all, left the 3M with a sore thing: My SanDisk Cruzer Switch 32 GB Pen Drive went missing. All things were taken out from the car before it went for cleaning. I forgot to collect my pen drive which was connected to external cable that was hidden under the seat and that went for wash followed by interior & exterior cleaning. I could notice my pen drive was snitched. Searched every-where, also in the vacuum cleaner but couldn't find it.

Pradeep was apologetic for what had happened, he did his best. Even I left 3M with little disappointment.
Its indeed a bad feeling to lose stuff.

Luckily no bad experience so far with stuff gone missing. I just hand the keys over and I get all my stuff neatly tucked away into plastic bags.

I recently forgot my Lumia 820 in rear seat armrest and it was discovered uring vacuuming and returned to me.

I was there yesterday to get my friends car cleaned, it was in Sirsi for 2 years and the interiors were browned out totally with 2 years' malnad monsoon muck. The car seemingly was used to transport farm produce like veggies flowers n vanilla :-)

Powershine and Germiclean was recommended and we went ahead with that.

Forgot to take before pics, here is the car after:
Attached Images

autocrat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2013, 21:35   #505
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post

Its indeed a bad feeling to lose stuff.

Luckily no bad experience so far with stuff gone missing. I just hand the keys over and I get all my stuff neatly tucked away into plastic bags.

I recently forgot my Lumia 820 in rear seat armrest and it was discovered uring vacuuming and returned to me.
I forgot to take my purse which was kept under the handbrake lever, and it had around 3k cash and cards including credit cards- no issues. Have kept pen drives multiple times.

That said- losing something during service is a painful experience- hence highly recommended to remove all valuable before service.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2013, 12:28   #506
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That is one of THE BEST looking i20 I have ever seen. What a finish. Can you share the details of the package and price? Many of us have been regular at the 3M outlet here in Cochin.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2013, 22:39   #507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
That is one of THE BEST looking i20 I have ever seen. What a finish. Can you share the details of the package and price? Many of us have been regular at the 3M outlet here in Cochin.
Thanks for the compliments Naveen. All the credit goes to Sidhu, Pradeep and the team.

The package is called "Total Exterior Package" and costs around 8500 + taxes. It has paint sealant, power shine and some more coupons related to polishing, washes, etc. I don't remember the exact details as the booklet is my office now.
guyfrmblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2013, 01:47   #508
BHPian

Got car washed today. As usual Thanks Siddu sir!

Earlier times, could not take photos / videos. This time made an attempt to capture the action. Please bear, as this is the first time I did any kind of video processing.

PS: Video is little over 2 minutes.

500ContyCruiser is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2013, 10:23   #509
BHPian

Gave my car advance sealant treatment, since the color being beige its bit really tricky to see the difference. I had a lots of water marks and swirl marks which were removed i would say 85%, since it was evening all the guys where in a hurry to complete the task as soon as possible. On checking the car next day morning i did find some places still left with water marks will be visiting the 3M shortly after a call with Siddu.Over all am satisfied with the service but to be frank i feel a little more focus and detailing could have been put. Have attached the pictures before, during the process and after completion of the process.
Attached Thumbnails
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-b4.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-washing.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-complete1.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-complete.jpg  

TwinHead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2013, 23:47   #510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Planning to book an appointment for the 4th of July to get the bumper corners PPF'd. If you are planning on similar timeframes, we could meet up.
I am going there tomorrow morning. Probably around 11ish. Hope to meet some BHPians there. Did call, spoke to Pradeep and I do hope to meet Sidhu first hand.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks