Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2013, 12:50   #481
ZMG
BHPian

Re: 3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
I got the 3M underbody rust proofing treatment (5 years) done a couple of weeks back, with rainy season just around the corner.
Hey Autocrat, how much did the treatment cost you? I am planning to get it done on my swift. Although I was wondering, is it really necessary. I had my ZEN for 15 years and nothing really happened to it. My car is usually parked under the sky, so it is exposed to the sun and rain

OT: I saw you the other day near silk board. You were heading towards HSR layout. I saw the T-bhp stickers and remember seeing the 1984 number. I couldn't recall whose car it was though. Searched various Linea threads to see who it was
Old 23rd May 2013, 01:40   #482
BHPian

Is their tariff card the same as it was before or has it changed? Can someone post a pic of the services offered along with the price?
Old 28th May 2013, 16:38   #483
Senior - BHPian

Around 2 weeks back, I noticed an ugly scratch on the RHS rear door panel of my 3 month old Ritz.

Apparently a bike that was squeezed in between my car and another car (at office parking where this kind of parking in not allowed) caused this scratch.

I was heart broken and livid. Despite many notices posted on the pillars these idiots and morons still squeeze their bikes between our cars and end up damaging our prized property.

My mood was down in the pits.

I would have cursed my luck if this was in a public place but this was in my office, i expected better, hoping the average IT joe to have some common sense and consideration for other employees and of course, follow the rules.

But it wasn't to be.

I called Sidhu @ 3M HSR and explained the situation and the damage.

Made an appointment to have the car looked at and the damage attended to.

Here is a link to my ownership thread where you can see the excellent and brilliant work done by the team at 3M HSR and Mr. Sidhu.

The scratch is barely visible now and I'm feeling a lot better too

Thanks a ton to Mr. Sidhu and his team.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2013, 11:10   #484
BHPian

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

I had been at 3M HSR yesterday for:
1. Inspection of 3M Under-Body (Its been around 8 months since I did it on the same day of delivery of my car).
2. Body Wash & Interior vacuuming.
3. If anything could be done on the 2 minor scratches: One at driver side OVRM and another one slightly above the front bumper.

Met Sidhu and asked for his recommendations.

1. Under-Body Inspection: Check.
2. "Do you really want a wash today - it looks like it might rain" - Man, you really rock! Not many sellers in the market are really worried about "After Sales", you do this each time to each of your customer; kudos to you and your team!
3. Both Scratches can be worked upon: Check.

* As usual, all the defined requirements were met to 100% satisfaction.
* The boys noticed the air on my front-left tyre was really less. Fearing a puncture, I asked them to replace it with the spare wheel and they did it with all possible care.
* Interior Vacuuming - done close to perfection.
* Though exterior washing was cancelled as Sidhu recommended, his boys had cleaned the wind shield and all glasses; they were all crystal clean and this is definitely "Customer Delight".

This place does surprise me at each visit, keep up the good work team

Cheers!
M

Last edited by Mister_M : 29th May 2013 at 11:15.
Mister_M is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th June 2013, 12:08   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMG View Post

Hey Autocrat, how much did the treatment cost you? I am planning to get it done on my swift. Although I was wondering, is it really necessary. I had my ZEN for 15 years and nothing really happened to it. My car is usually parked under the sky, so it is exposed to the sun and rain

OT: I saw you the other day near silk board. You were heading towards HSR layout. I saw the T-bhp stickers and remember seeing the 1984 number. I couldn't recall whose car it was though. Searched various Linea threads to see who it was
It cost me 3600 IIRC. I commute from banashankari to bellandur, so you spotted me on my home circuit :-)
autocrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2013, 23:56   #486
BHPian

Thanks Siddu sir for the hospitality! Yes the car looked good before the drizzles

It was nice meeting, MotoMaveric, Karthikk, DrNishant & Gotham (dont remember your handle sir) [hope I did not miss anyone else]

Funny thing, when I reached home it was not raining/drizzling and I wiped my car. I come out after 10-15 minutes, I see it drizzled and my car back to same condition!

Last edited by 500ContyCruiser : 9th June 2013 at 00:08.
500ContyCruiser is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2013, 09:08   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Thanks Siddu sir for the hospitality! Yes the car looked good before the drizzles

It was nice meeting, MotoMaveric, Karthikk, DrNishant & Gotham (dont remember your handle sir) [hope I did not miss anyone else]

Funny thing, when I reached home it was not raining/drizzling and I wiped my car. I come out after 10-15 minutes, I see it drizzled and my car back to same condition!
Goutham - Autocrat on forum :-)
autocrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 15:12   #488
Distinguished - BHPian

I was @ 3M-HSR last saturday for a paint-sealant job and am highly satisfied with the work done on my car. Hats off to Sidhu and his boys. Here is my Dzire @58027 Kms.

Also, got a chance to meet bhpians DrNishant with his new Etios, and Gotham(autocrat).

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-copy-photo0053.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-copy-photo0052.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 18:38   #489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
I finally settled for the ORVM, door edges and door handles, which costed around 2.2k. After the first ORVM was done, the quality of work was pathetic. There were some marks on the film and that guy tried to pass it on saying its a mark on the mirror and not on the film. I told him, its a new car and coming just out of service and there is no mark on it and made him remove the installed film and viola there was no mark on the mirror.. it was the PPF which was done wrong. Unfortunately I was too much into the work to pull out and had to get it done completly. Did not feel good about the quality of work carried out, nor the courtesy of the staff even though they knew I am member of Team-BHP.
This had to happen sooner than later. The PPF on the ORVM has started to develop bubbles and its ready to come off any moment. Dont even feel like taking it to the Marathalli store to complain as I know they wont do a quality job again. . Will wait to save up on some Vitamin M and visit the HSR store to get a complete rework.

Does anyone know how much it would cost to do a PPF job on the Front and Rear bumper corners on the new Dzire?

Last edited by dass : 10th June 2013 at 18:55. Reason: New Question
Old 10th June 2013, 23:47   #490
BHPian

After 3 visits to 3M where I abandoned plans of washing my car as it looked like rain would spoil the wash, I finally made up my mind and got the car washed yesterday. Many thanks to Pradeep Aravind and the team!
Attached Images

autocrat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 23:53   #491
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
After 3 visits to 3M where I abandoned plans of washing my car as it looked like rain would spoil the wash, I finally made up my mind and got the car washed yesterday. Many thanks to Pradeep Aravind and the team!
Finally - you went ahead with it. Love the reflections on the bonnet. Tuscan wine is a beauty for sure. My white doesn't reflect half as much.

Who is the Abarth red punto in the background? White stripes compared to Karthik's black.
Old 11th June 2013, 08:18   #492
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
the background? White stripes compared to Karthik's black.
That Abarth is still in its half cooked state like mine was in Jan-Feb time - the fog lamp bezels are stock . I wonder if he also came to 3M for some 'Evo' CF treatment like mine, or probably just parked there
Old 11th June 2013, 08:38   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Finally - you went ahead with it. Love the reflections on the bonnet. Tuscan wine is a beauty for sure. My white doesn't reflect half as much.

Who is the Abarth red punto in the background? White stripes compared to Karthik's black.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
That Abarth is still in its half cooked state like mine was in Jan-Feb time - the fog lamp bezels are stock . I wonder if he also came to 3M for some 'Evo' CF treatment like mine, or probably just parked there
That red Punto is Raj's ride :-)
He has 2 Abarth badges on the C pillar but not seen in this pic.

I feel Fiat should get Punto out in that Palio S10 yellow... will look awesome!
Old 13th June 2013, 23:11   #494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
There is no fixed cost dass. The PPf cost is per sq ft. It was around Rs.450/sqft the last time I checked a couple of months ago.

Depending on the design or size of the strip you decide, they will charge you per sq ft.

On an average 4 corners will be around 4-5 sqft so around 2-2.5K max.
The next time you are around the 3M store, would it be possible to get a quote on the actual cost of the PPF treatment for the Dzire bumper corners? PLEASE if its not too much of an ask?
Old 15th June 2013, 11:00   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
The next time you are around the 3M store, would it be possible to get a quote on the actual cost of the PPF treatment for the Dzire bumper corners? PLEASE if its not too much of an ask?
Hey,i got the 3M treatment for my new Etios at the HSR layout outlet last week.Planned on the getting the PPF treatment done on the door corners,4 bumper corners and the ORVM's.Got a quote for 10,XXX/- from Siddu for the lot,but since i drove straight from the showroom after making the necessary payment, i was running low on cash.Eventually settled for the door corner protection and other essentials.Will be returning for the PPF treatment during my 1st free service(Nandi Toyota is close by) early next month.Posting the invoice pic for the benefit of other members.

Thank you Siddu "sir" for the lunch & coffee ,car cleaning tips and having the patience to answer my queries.Thanks for making the introductions.Must say,i'm mighty pleased with the work done by your crew.

Before i knew it,i was smack in the middle of an impromptu t-bhp mini-meet..my first ever!!Met members arun josie,500contycruiser(sorry, i forgot your name),karthikk,gautam sir(autocrat) n motomaverick.Thank you all for having me
Attached Thumbnails
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-p1870531.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-p1870428.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-p1870421.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-p1870425.jpg  

Dr.Nishath is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks