Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2013, 08:44   #451
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Got a well deserved pampering for my car on her 11th 'birthday' at 3M care today evening. Thanks to the team for the excellent job!

Thanks to bhpian autocrat for keeping me company for the 2 odd hours.

Here's the result.. Couldn't resist drooling for a long time after parking in my basement!

Note: The pictures doesn't do justice to the actual result..
Pictures are absolute drool material. Beautiful car, very well maintained. If the actual car is better than in these pictures- no words.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2013, 13:00   #452
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

Had visited 3M HSR car care for the foam wash as the car was dirty due to the courtesy of rain during the past week.

Met up Karthik, Autocrat, CrazyDriver, Sidhu (of course) and a couple of other teambhpians.

Here we go with the result of my Linea being spanking clean and Karthik brand new Tjet (one can easily get fooled as a brand new car, such is the maintenance).

My Linea.

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-20130427_172334.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-20130427_172343.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-20130427_172350.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-20130427_172401.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-20130427_172410.jpg

Karthik's Linea.

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-20130427_164228.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-20130427_164242.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-20130427_164301.jpg

A neat job done on both cars needs no mention as usual from the 3M HSR boys.
nkrishnap is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th April 2013, 15:10   #453
Team-BHP Support

Thanks, you beat me to the pics . I was just going to post some from my own end too. The Black beast has been getting some detailing done to achieve a show-car type gloss. The results of the detailing of past few weeks were captured on camera :

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0817.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0818.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0819.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0820.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0821.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0823.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0824.jpg

Beautiful results on the 2 year old black T-Jet. Thanks to 3M HSR layout store's amazing work, no one believes me that the car is almost 2 years old! The results are easily seen in the way the reflections are visible on the car's surface. In some angles, the black shines so much that it looks like chrome! When I got home in the evening, my mom asked me "What have you done to the car?? How is it shining so much? you went to that 3M place again??". I could only smile and nod my head .

Had a nice time catching up with a lot of BHPians at 3M yesterday. Was great to meet Azeemhafiz with his Laura vRS, CrazyDriver and his Punto 90, Khan_Sultan in his Prado and Jaggu with his Spidey Gypsy. Autocrat and nkrishnap had come to get their cars for the regular washes too. Had a very pleasant mini-meet there.

Last edited by KarthikK : 28th April 2013 at 15:35.
KarthikK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th April 2013, 11:51   #454
BHPian

I had been to 3M HSR Layout outlet a couple of weeks ago to get some CF stickering done on my Palio Stile. Inspired from Karthik's Red Rocket, I got a similar sticker for the rear bumper. The front bumper also got a lot of CF work done, to hide those ugly scratches. I am not completely satisfied with the front looks and have already mentioned to Mr. Siddu that I may be back as soon as time permits. The front bumper was scratched at so many places that we ended up covering a whole lot of it with CF, artistic quotient looks a little low on it for the moment. This has nothing to do with the quality of work though. Quality of the job is of the highest standards.

Rear bumper is looking fab. The car looks butch from the rear view. Haven't had a chance to capture pics and post, will do so. Work and family commitments are keeping me busy.

A word on the experience at 3M HSR Layout outlet: This was my first visit to the centre and I'm completely impressed with their professionalism. Mr. Pradeep initially spent time with me, explaining the various options. I met the owner Mr. Siddu and he was very cordial. Ofcourse, mentioning that I'm Team-BHP member brings out a certain warmth in the interactions. Mr. Siddu also demoed his own ride and talked about some of the things he has done to pimp it. One word for the guy who did the CF work - Amazing. His attention to detail and strive to achieve perfection was on display and I was completely amazed by the whole experience. Was lucky to also meet a couple of other fellow members - Autocrat and NKrishnaP. Kudos to Mr. Siddu for running a super outlet/workshop! Keep up the good work.

Last edited by prashkul : 29th April 2013 at 11:57.
prashkul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2013, 21:21   #455
Senior - BHPian

Though this is a page for the 3M at HSR layout, I could not stop myself from posting about the store in Marathalli. Had been there a weekback to get some PPF done (Vidyut would be angry that i did not listen to his suggestion of going to the HSR layout only), since it was on the way to my home from the service centre. I wanted to get the bumper corners and the ORVM done up. They quoted 12k for the total stuff, I was zapped and when I told him its too expensive than what I had heard about the HSR layout one. The guy out there pulled out a 3M rate card and said they have a fixed package and its the same everywhere.

I finally settled for the ORVM, door edges and door handles, which costed around 2.2k. After the first ORVM was done, the quality of work was pathetic. There were some marks on the film and that guy tried to pass it on saying its a mark on the mirror and not on the film. I told him, its a new car and coming just out of service and there is no mark on it and made him remove the installed film and viola there was no mark on the mirror.. it was the PPF which was done wrong. Unfortunately I was too much into the work to pull out and had to get it done completly. Did not feel good about the quality of work carried out, nor the courtesy of the staff even though they knew I am member of Team-BHP.

Considering how special the HSR store treats the forum members, a lesson learnt and giving Vidyut a big shout out and apologizing for not listening in.
dass is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2013, 21:31   #456
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
I could not stop myself from posting about the store in Marathalli.
I am new to bangalore, but isn't this the infamous 3M shop where they dont have a wash facility? Wipe the car clean and detail it store?

Should have listened to the friendly neighbourhood moderator.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2013, 21:49   #457
Senior - BHPian

A 3M detailing point has started functioning with vigor at the Nucleus Mall in Kochi and saw many cars undergoing detailing work there. When I went to the mall car park I was greeted by Mr Dixon Desilva of Meguiar's autoclean cube solutions who said that they are channel partner of 3M services. I did not seek any further details as I was there with a week only old car. Any experience Kochi Bhpians?

Last edited by rajeev k : 29th April 2013 at 21:53.
Old 29th April 2013, 22:25   #458
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Considering how special the HSR store treats the forum members, a lesson learnt and giving Vidyut a big shout out and apologizing for not listening in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I am new to bangalore, but isn't this the infamous 3M shop where they dont have a wash facility? Wipe the car clean and detail it store?

Although I am not a regular customer like nkrishnap, autocrat, crazy_driver and Karthikk. Plus the 3M store in HSR layout is the closest one for me so it's convenient as well.

The above names I mentioned come to 3M HSR layout from Yelahanka, RT nagar and Jaynagar. That's the real testimony. Even though they have 3M shops nearby their area, they still prefer to drive down to the other side of Bangalore just for a wash!!
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2013, 22:35   #459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

and yes this is the same store where they do a "waterless wash". Since the car was fresh out of service it did not need another round of washing. In the hindsight, i was just trying my luck being lazy
Old 29th April 2013, 23:59   #460
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
I did not seek any further details as I was there with a week only old car.
You can get 3M paint sealant done. For new cars - they do foam wash + claying + machine polish + paint sealant treatment. They do NOT do rubbing which is not needed/ adviceable for new cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Although I am not a regular customer like nkrishnap, autocrat, crazy_driver and Karthikk.
I go there since its fun - the easiest way to catch hold of few BHP'ians and spend an entire day discussing cars. The store hasn't given me a reason to think twice about their service quality - and these two factors combined makes the drive worth it.

Last weekend I ran into Khan_Sultan with his monster prado and Jaggu with his spidey - two monstrous offroading machines - and on the other hand Azeemhafiz with his Skoda Laura vRS. Plus 3 beautiful FIATs - KarthikK's T-Jet, nkrishnap's linea and autocrat's linea. Not a bad way to spend a Saturday eh?

Have booked my next appointment - coming sunday - for some PPF work on a Toyota Fortuner.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 30th April 2013 at 00:00.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 07:58   #461
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see great reviews about Sidhu and the HSR outlet.
I plan to have seat covers installed first then take it to 3M for the external and internal treatment.
Any idea if they are working on 1st May?
Old 30th April 2013, 09:50   #462
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Nice to see great reviews about Sidhu and the HSR outlet.
I plan to have seat covers installed first then take it to 3M for the external and internal treatment.
Any idea if they are working on 1st May?
Nope, they are not working on May 1st.
Old 30th April 2013, 10:24   #463
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think there is any special treatment to forum members at HSR 3M outlet. My car did not have any stickers nor did I mention that I am a bhpian, last time when I was there. And I found the whole experience just as good as what everyone has noted down in these pages. May be I should try out next time
And, yes there is definitely a feel good factor while being there when I compare to other stores.
bejoy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 10:34   #464
Senior - BHPian

So, since the reason for me to go to a different store was the PPF, how much does it actually cost to get the bumper corners done for a dzire?
Old 30th April 2013, 10:38   #465
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
So, since the reason for me to go to a different store was the PPF, how much does it actually cost to get the bumper corners done for a dzire?
There is no fixed cost dass. The PPf cost is per sq ft. It was around Rs.450/sqft the last time I checked a couple of months ago.

Depending on the design or size of the strip you decide, they will charge you per sq ft.

On an average 4 corners will be around 4-5 sqft so around 2-2.5K max.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks