Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2012, 10:23   #436
Senior - BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

I have been filling up my Civvy from the BP petrol pump opposite Manipal Hospital on the old Airport road for some time since it was convenient for me on my return from office.

Normally the fuel meter shows half when I have driven around for 200+ kilometers. But Civvy started showing half by 160 to 170KMs after filling from this pump.

Thought it to be a glitch, checked the air pressure, etc.. and filled up again from here, just to check if it was a onetime affair. I loved the location of this pump and the convenience I had.

The second time too Civvy showed half by 160KMs. I was intrigued. Next time I filled up from HP petrol pump near Marthahalli Brand Factory for a comparison. Civvy shows 190KM on half. Filled once again and it shows 190+ again.

So to confirm filled again from the BP on airport road. Shows 160 on half. A consistant behavior.

I guess this pump is resorting to some short filling tactics.

I went ahead and filled it from a BP pump in HSR, Civvy is back to 200+ for half tank. Checked again it is thankfully 200+.
Old 9th January 2012, 12:10   #437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Does anyone know the Indian COCO bunk in Koramangala just after Sony world junction before the Pizza hut is? It's nearby the Mahindra showroom.

I'm planning to move to this bunk as my regular one for diesel as Bowring is too far.
This one used to be IBP earlier, not sure if it has been converted to Indian Oil. I find this bunk to be a bit cramped for space, especially for 4-wheelers.

I generally fill petrol at the Indian Oil bunk opposite Passport Office. This bunk is much more accessible and has more number of dispensers. The attendants have never tried any tricks on me till date, at this particular bunk.

Rohan
Old 9th January 2012, 15:18   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Did you measure the petrol using the measurement beaker ??, if not you can ask for it and they will measure 1 ltr dispencement in front of you from the pump.

If its based on increased mileage, its because all shell fuels contain some level of additives for increased performance + definitely their production quality measures are good leading to increased mileage.
I have not measured it using the beaker but on filling exactly same amount of fuel from both pumps when the fuel gauge is on empty (common measure) showed that gauge showed half notch higher in Shell which reflected in better mileage.
Old 9th January 2012, 15:55   #439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone know the Indian COCO bunk in Koramangala just after Sony world junction before the Pizza hut is? It's nearby the Mahindra showroom.

I'm planning to move to this bunk as my regular one for diesel as Bowring is too far.
Cheating attempt reported at this bunk. Please avoid this bunk.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post2639151

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 14:15   #440
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Stay away from that bunk. I have had bad experiences there. On one occassion I saw a customer get so infuriated by the cheating that these guys were doing that he started beating up the pump attendant.
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 14:45   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Stay away from that bunk. I have had bad experiences there. On one occassion I saw a customer get so infuriated by the cheating that these guys were doing that he started beating up the pump attendant.
Yup ! And the miscreants deserve the .

I just can't wait for the Shell Pump in Bommanahalli to re-open soon. Darn those guys shut down for maintenance since 6 months now.
Old 10th January 2012, 14:56   #442
Team-BHP Support

Damn and I thought I found a reliable bunk finally around Sarjapur road. So it's back to Bowring on St. Marks road for me.
Old 10th January 2012, 15:08   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Damn and I thought I found a reliable bunk finally around Sarjapur road. So it's back to Bowring on St. Marks road for me.
I would make an early morning trip to the Shell Pump at Siddapura village to tank up than take chances with the other PSUs.

The only part I terribly hate about moving beyond Mysore in case of a road-trip is that my 'baby' will have to do without SHELL. So in more cases than not, I end up tuning the trip planner to route the trip via a SHELL pump...
Old 10th January 2012, 16:06   #444
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post
I would make an early morning trip to the Shell Pump at Siddapura village to tank up than take chances with the other PSUs.

The only part I terribly hate about moving beyond Mysore in case of a road-trip is that my 'baby' will have to do without SHELL. So in more cases than not, I end up tuning the trip planner to route the trip via a SHELL pump...
Well I use Shell for my Altis and nothing else but with the Figo I can't do that. For some reason, the Figo doesnt like shell diesel and starts sounding like a tractor. After experimenting I realised that the indian oil brew works best for the Figo. With shell the FE drops as well as the refinement.

It's nothing to do with the quality of Shell but I think the mix is not suited for Ford engines.
Old 10th January 2012, 16:12   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Well I use Shell for my Altis and nothing else but with the Figo I can't do that. For some reason, the Figo doesnt like shell diesel and starts sounding like a tractor. After experimenting I realised that the indian oil brew works best for the Figo. With shell the FE drops as well as the refinement.

It's nothing to do with the quality of Shell but I think the mix is not suited for Ford engines.
WOHO! This is new indeed. But, thanks for sharing this info. Have you tried the new HP pump at HSR near the Green View hospital junction? I've heard good reviews.
Old 16th January 2012, 12:33   #446
BHPian

Quote:

I find this interesting as with my Figo petrol, its quite the opposite. The mileage stays the same but the refinement has definitely increased since I moved to shell around a year back.
I even alternated it with IOC once in between to make sure that the refinement is for real.
Old 16th January 2012, 13:08   #447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You could try the Indian Oil Bunk opposite passport office near NGHC.

Rohan
Old 16th January 2012, 13:13   #448
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So it's back to Bowring on St. Marks road for me.
Viddy, if you are going to make a trip to Bowring for diesel, you might also try BTM Layout, if early morning / nights will work for you. Come from office on the elevated road, turn left at Silkboard, and come back after the top-up.
Old 16th January 2012, 13:15   #449
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Viddy, if you are going to make a trip to Bowring for diesel, you might also try BTM Layout, if early morning / nights will work for you. Come from office on the elevated road, turn left at Silkboard, and come back after the top-up.
I go to city side every saturday. Based on my usage every alternate Saturday I need to tank up. Sometimes due to unexpected running the tank nears empty before the Saturday. That's when the problem arises. Else Bowring is actually convenient since I pass by.
Old 16th January 2012, 13:28   #450
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If you are ok with HP, then use the HP bunk on Sarjapur Road, after the new Mantri project and Wipro. I regularly fill both my Ikon as well as the Scorp from there and have had no issues till now. I once had an issue where my credit card was swiped twice, but it was a genuine mistake, and i was refunded the amount on the spot in cash.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks