Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2011, 10:13   #361
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditbelw View Post
Am a regular at HP bunk, in Sahakaranagar, right after Hebbal flyover towards the BIAL on left side. I've found them very reliable in terms of both Quantity & Quality.
You are talking about the HP Outlet just next to the Marraige hall at Coca cola Kodigehalli gate right.I also fill it up there only. They are very reliable.
Old 10th June 2011, 16:28   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Shell is too costly for Diesel. :(
True. Otherwise, that would have been the pump nearest to my home. The one in Hulimavu is pretty decent. They have not tried any dirty tricks till now and always make sure that you look at the meter before they start. Been filling from there for the past 3 years.
Old 10th June 2011, 18:33   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
You are talking about the HP Outlet just next to the Marraige hall at Coca cola Kodigehalli gate right.I also fill it up there only. They are very reliable.
Yes, we are on the same page and the same bunk!
Old 12th June 2011, 15:59   #364
BHPian

All

I have been a regular to the IOC Jalahalli Service station near Gokul extension. Thanks to the construction work I was forced to look around for another IOC bunk as the drive to and from Malleshwaram wan't easy

Found the one just before MEI on Tumkur road to be a very good one. I tried this for 5 tank fills and I have been consistently getting better mileage compared to the Gokul extension one (13.5 kmpl vs. 15.2 kmpl)

Hope folks from West Bangalore can benefit from this.

Regards

Sateesh
Old 15th June 2011, 20:02   #365
Team-BHP Support

I don't know if I noticed it only today or this has been recent; the HP Petrol Pump in JP Nagar (ORR), in front of Pai Comforts seems to have been demolished. I saw "This site belongs to BBMP" painted on the 2 periphery walls.

IIRC, this pump was listed as a trusted one. Any idea what happened to it?
Old 15th June 2011, 22:08   #366
Distinguished - BHPian

It has been that way since a few months now.

Btw, I have been cheated there.
Old 15th June 2011, 23:51   #367
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
True. Otherwise, that would have been the pump nearest to my home. The one in Hulimavu is pretty decent. They have not tried any dirty tricks till now and always make sure that you look at the meter before they start. Been filling from there for the past 3 years.
Are you talking about the BP one between Bata & Benison super market? My fuel sensor conked off with just one fill from there. There have been reports that this pump get water mixed during rains since this area gets flooded. But I still feel they don't cheat on the meter, I doubt about the fuel quality though.

If you could come to Udupi graden signal, please try IOC pump [Its a COCO & is open 24x7] before the Jayadeva flyover or the BP pump [Advaith, open from 5 AM till 11PM all days] at the signal. Both are good and IOC is better than BP. It used to be my favorite that side of the city. Though I used to stay in Bannerghatta road, I used to come to the IOC for filling fuel.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 15th June 2011 at 23:54.
Old 16th June 2011, 08:46   #368
BHPian

This land was leased out to the HP Petrol pump dealer and BBMP did not extend or renew the lease period and he had to shut shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I don't know if I noticed it only today or this has been recent; the HP Petrol Pump in JP Nagar (ORR), in front of Pai Comforts seems to have been demolished. I saw "This site belongs to BBMP" painted on the 2 periphery walls.

IIRC, this pump was listed as a trusted one. Any idea what happened to it?
sajands is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2011, 08:54   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Are you talking about the BP one between Bata & Benison super market? My fuel sensor conked off with just one fill from there. There have been reports that this pump get water mixed during rains since this area gets flooded. But I still feel they don't cheat on the meter, I doubt about the fuel quality though.
That's strange. Till now, I've not had any problem, after filling from there (Touchwood )

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
If you could come to Udupi graden signal, please try IOC pump [Its a COCO & is open 24x7] before the Jayadeva flyover or the BP pump [Advaith, open from 5 AM till 11PM all days] at the signal. Both are good and IOC is better than BP. It used to be my favorite that side of the city. Though I used to stay in Bannerghatta road, I used to come to the IOC for filling fuel.
Man, Bannerghatta Road now, is not what it used to be. After the Meenakshi mall and the string of apartments came up, this road is literally hell to drive on. If I want to come to Udupi garden, I will have to spend time and money in lots
But the IOC pump in Bilekahalli, next to Mantri Elite is a strict no no. They are cheaters of the first grade. The only time I filled from there was when I took delivery of my Figo from Lathangi. I had to fill diesel from the nearest pump and they tried to do the "not heard how much" trick. One fellow was asking about the car and pointing me towards the Kalyani motors showroom on the opposite side of the road, drawing comparison to the Swift. I had asked to fill for Rs. 1000 and the person who was filling, stopped at Rs.200. Then he showed me the meter and the other fellow scolded him and told that I've asked to fill for Rs.1000. Then, the person who was filling said sorry and was about to fill it again, while the other person was trying to divert my attention. I told them that it's OK and I don't want to fill the rest. Gave them Rs. 200, said thanks and before driving away, I told them that I know the trick. They didn't tell anything and I moved on.
Old 16th June 2011, 11:03   #370
BHPian

IOC petrol pump at Banashankari Bus stand is operational now. Earlier post states that this is run by KSFCSC. Is it trusted bunk? This is the bunk on my way home everyday, I would prefer to fill up here. My daily drive is from Padmanabha nagar to Bommasandra. Almost all bunk in this road (even one IOC bunk near Jaidev Hospital flyover) have tampered meter!

Since there is only 95p more in shell I am now using shell bunk near Bommasandra.
Old 16th June 2011, 13:02   #371
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
Man, Bannerghatta Road now, is not what it used to be. After the Meenakshi mall and the string of apartments came up, this road is literally hell to drive on. If I want to come to Udupi garden, I will have to spend time and money in lots
I re-located back to Kerala 3 months back, that was just before the Meenakshi mall opened. I may be asking a bit too much, but if you could just drive to BTM during some off-peak hours [before 7 AM / after 11 PM, and yeah, the only agenda to fill fuel], you could do a full tank in IOC. And looks like its best to fill fuel in the mornings too. I am not sure how much is your daily running and how many days can a full tank serve you, but if its atleast 15 days, it should be worth filling it from there.

I am a bachelor and I could take such liberties , not sure how easy / efficient it will be for you.

Edit:: Another one which I recommend is the HP pump on HAL road [Leela Palace road], opp to ISRO. This again is a COCO and the fuel is good. They again operate from 6 AM - 11 PM. Heard good reviews of the BP one after Leela Palace [opp to Manipal Hospital], but I have never filled fuel from there.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 16th June 2011 at 13:07.
Old 19th June 2011, 12:51   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
IOC petrol pump at Banashankari Bus stand is operational now. Earlier post states that this is run by KSFCSC. Is it trusted bunk? This is the bunk on my way home everyday, I would prefer to fill up here. My daily drive is from Padmanabha nagar to Bommasandra. Almost all bunk in this road (even one IOC bunk near Jaidev Hospital flyover) have tampered meter!

Since there is only 95p more in shell I am now using shell bunk near Bommasandra.
This was closed due to the Metro work. Is it operational now? If this is run by KSFCSC now also then this is the best!

I used to fill Diesel for my Swift VDi and I got my best mileage always.. Let me check this up when I fill next time.
Old 19th June 2011, 12:55   #373
BHPian

The HP petrol pump before Raj Bhavan is a good one. I get decent mileage for my esteem whenever I fill there.
Old 19th June 2011, 14:41   #374
BHPian

I fill up at the HP petrol bunk at Mahadevpura on the Whitefiled Road. Its opposite to HP office.
The only problem is that if we go there in late evening, the diesel stock is no available at that time.
Old 19th June 2011, 18:41   #375
BHPian

The HPCL next to Cavery theater at sadishivnagar seems to be good, I fill up there, has been quiet consistent. They claim to have bagged 2nd position in India among HPCL petrol bunks, does anybody know about this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks