Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2012, 18:25   #631
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

I usually tank up at the Indian Oil petrol pump (Diesel) at Outer Ring Rd, HSR Layout, any body here have any similar experience with that pump. Any quality issues with them??
Old 27th October 2012, 20:05   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
If you are refering to the HP bunk at the corner / near signal, then my suggestion is to keep a good watch when they fill. It's like any other bunk, IMO. Dont get distracted if they try to distract you.
Thanks for the reply Condor. Any idea how they try to cheat, what should I be on the look out for? As in, do they play with the meter, or is it something they do the nozzle lever... any tips would be helpful. I just brought my car here to bangy.
Old 27th October 2012, 20:20   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomzy View Post
I usually tank up at the Indian Oil petrol pump (Diesel) at Outer Ring Rd, HSR Layout, any body here have any similar experience with that pump. Any quality issues with them??
If you are referring to Soubhagya, it's a crappy bunk. Petrol quality is poor. Its owned by a tainted former minister.
Old 29th October 2012, 08:45   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombiee View Post
If you are referring to Soubhagya, it's a crappy bunk. Petrol quality is poor. Its owned by a tainted former minister.
Yes thats the pump that i am referring to, is the diesel also of poor quality?
Old 29th October 2012, 11:32   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomzy View Post
Yes thats the pump that i am referring to, is the diesel also of poor quality?
I dont know for sure, but its the bunk with the least crowd in HSR. Going by the way it is run and by the people who run it, I very much doubt the quality of diesel too.
Old 29th October 2012, 13:53   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
I have been filling diesel at Nagpals (BPCL) on Residency Road. Had a good experience so far. No hanky panky, diversion etc. On most occasions, the dispenser was was handled by women, so a bit assured that there will be no cheating. They would punch in the amount, switch on the pump and move on. My other favourite for Diesel is the BPCL COCO before Thomas/ Fatima bakery on Hosur road, Shoolay Circle.
I filled there once and I see a slight increase in my FE. But I stay far away from this place.

Has any one used the BPCL near Avalahalli ( KR Puram - Hoskote Road on the right side) ? If yes I would like to know the feedback ?
Old 30th October 2012, 14:20   #637
Distinguished - BHPian

The IOCL bunk on the Devegowda road on the left side coming from Kabir Ashram is quite decent. Have not faced any difficulties with distraction or overcharging/rounding off etc.

Note: I have filled only petrol from this station, not sure about the diesel quality though.
Old 31st October 2012, 17:49   #638
BHPian

Good news to all motorists !

New Shell outlet coming up shortly on ORR in jp nagar 6th phase , opposite federal bank .
girimajiananth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2012, 13:39   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
This bunk is the one which comes on the left as you proceed from the Wipro HQ on Sarjapur road, towards Sarjapur. This is just after the Sunny Brooks gated community, new Mantri project and beside the new DSR group project.

I've been using the services of this bunk for about 2 years now, for both my Scorpio as well as petrol Ikon. Just be careful for genuine mistakes when paying with the credit card, but otherwise have had no issues with fuel quality or quantity.
Good experience here as well. I have filled both the Spark (petrol) and the Figo (diesel) from here without issues. Its also less crowded and the attendants are quick to get things done. And +1 for the dedicated attendant for filling air. I tip him well to make sure he doesn't steal my valve caps.
Old 10th November 2012, 11:09   #640
BHPian

Went to the BP petrol pump at Ejipura today. Asked them to fill up for 500, and he reset the counter and showed me zero. I told him to go ahead -- that's when he asked whether I would like to fill for 750, I asked him why, and he is like "that's what everyone does". During this time the other guy started filling with counter set at 100. I told him it was for 500. He said OK, and started filling.. and stopped at 405. I asked him why he stopped, and he says he already filled for 100 earlier, and that I don't need ot pay him for the extra 5 rupees as that was his fault

I asked him to print the bill for the earlier 100. He said he can't do that now. So I told him that I would only pay for what the bill shows. He filled for 500 without a word.

Last edited by di1in : 10th November 2012 at 11:11.
Old 11th November 2012, 11:55   #641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Is there any petrol bunk near Marathalli area which operates 24 X 7? I need to fill up my car at around midnight today; can't go to bunk before 11 PM as there is a puja in my home which I need to attend. My friend is arriving at Bangalore at 01-00 AM; I have to pick him up.
I suppose it is a bit too late for you, but posting this here in the hope that it will help someone else on a future date. The HP pump at Marathahalli (between the bridge and market bus stops) was open and serving fuel at 12:30 AM this morning when I was returning home after a movie at Innovative.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2012, 14:01   #642
BHPian

I saw 2 new petrol bunks recently opened. One at Agara, where the road bifurcates (one towards silk board and other towards koramangala), on the RHS towards koramangala.
Another bunk opened on ORR near Mahadevpura total on LHS towards KR Puram from Marathalli (just after crossing the railway underpass).
Has anyone used these bunks?
Old 6th December 2012, 22:51   #643
BHPian

Can anyone suggest a good petrol pump in HSR layout? I usually fill form Soubhagya at the ORR, but read mixed reviews about it here. Is there any COCO pump in HSR layout or nearby towards MG road/koramangala?
Old 8th December 2012, 19:51   #644
BHPian

Good news everyone . The shell outlet at JP Nagar 6th phase is finally operational. I think I was one of the first customers for them . I am really glad that there is a Shell outlet close to my place
girimajiananth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2012, 12:51   #645
BHPian

Advaith petrol bunk near USHA apartments in Jayanagar 4th Block was good and reliable. Since a week now it claims petrol is out of stock! On checking, was told that the dealership is closed This was situated near and was convenient to resident from this area. Wonder what is the real story behind it!

Hope it opens soon.

Last edited by sumathindra : 10th December 2012 at 12:52. Reason: edits

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks