Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2022, 18:13   #661
Senior - BHPian

Re: Post pictures of your Bicycle on day trips here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post

On a side note, last weekend I picked up my new Scott Addict 30 bike from Pedal Drive in Pimple Saudagar. Cycle price quoted was 2.3 lacs, got it for 2.25 lacs + a bunch of accessories (free of charge). I ACH]
Congratulations on the new addition. What were your requirements and reasons for homing onto this model/brand?
What other bicycles did you check out?
goandude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 18:58   #662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Congratulations - that's definitely a looker and a perfect color given how dusty our rides turn out.
Thank you ninjatalli. I agree this color hides the dust very well.

Quote:
There are no stupid questions when dealing with a such a large ticket item. My suggestion would be an ownership thread or atleast a post on the general cycling thread with those Q&As - I'm sure there are several riders who might be in that state of upgrading from their MTB/hybrids to road bikes that cost more than a lakh.

Happy riding!
Sure, as time permits, I will try to update on the general cycling thread. Creating an ownership thread would be too much an ask for me now, but when this bike has some long rides under its belt I can definitely think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Congratulations on the new addition. What were your requirements and reasons for homing onto this model/brand?
What other bicycles did you check out?
Thank you goandude. I love riding in the ghats and wanted to start BRMs (200+ kms) no sooner than later. That is the reason I was looking for a road bike with drop bars, but endurance geometry (and not race geometry). Well I test rode many road bikes of different brands, Trek, Merida & Scott were on top of my list. Didn't get Merida anywhere for test ride, but rode other bikes like Fuji, Argon, Cervelo, Gusto etc. Somehow didn't even try a Polygon or Giant but I must admit Giant Defy priced at 2.3 lacs seems to be a competent bike. Currently Polygon is the only bike which has flooded the market and most of the dealers have Polygon in stock. Other brands are really really in short supply. I wanted a road bike with Shimano 105 groupset & with this requirement no bike was priced under 1.5 lacs (even an alloy frame). The Tiagra below this is 2 X 10 speed, whereas 105, Ultegra & top of the chart Dura Ace all are 2 X 11 speed. When I saw the Scott Addict 30, it was love at first sight. I was impressed with its handling and most important it's simple & clean design, especially the stem and handle bar. There are no dangling cables, all are neatly tucked underneath the handle bar. The hydraulic disc brakes are awesome with very good stopping power. Today morning I had a scary moment when one truck decided to cross my way, when I was on the Somatne Phata descend. I initially thought that coming from right it was going to merge in my lane, but it decided just cut across and go to other side of the road. The brakes really came to my rescue & I could bring the bike to a complete halt just in time.
AutoIndian is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 20:02   #663
Senior - BHPian

Took this picture of my Triban RC 120 with my i20 on Sunday morning before a 75 km ride. Went around Nandi and then onto the Hyderabad highway, bad decision. Too much traffic on the 4 lane highway. Will stick to countryside roads
Post pictures of your Bicycle on day trips here!-img_20220612_053419.jpg
Got caught in a terrible traffic jam at Nandi base at 5:45, unfortunately can't post the video here as I have not uploaded it to YouTube.
goandude is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 07:44   #664
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This Scott is Carbon frame & fork, weighing at 8.6 kilos. Everything is Shimano 105 (groupset, crank, brakes etc). Brakes are hydraulic discs, with great stopping power. Tires are Shwalbe One 700 X 32C. Seat post, stem & other components are Syncross.
Congratulations AutoIndian! That’s indeed an awesome bike, probably one of the best looking bike in that price range, with all the cables neatly tucked in. And with the carbon frame/fork and Schwalbe One 32C it should be really comfortable to ride on. Is that a size L?

Just one point for the future – those MTB pedals looks a bit out of place on the sleek Addict!
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 10:38   #665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Congratulations AutoIndian! That’s indeed an awesome bike, probably one of the best looking bike in that price range, with all the cables neatly tucked in. And with the carbon frame/fork and Schwalbe One 32C it should be really comfortable to ride on. Is that a size L?
Thank you dear vb-san. Yes, you are quite right. The bike is very comfortable and stable on all kinds of surfaces. The CF fork and frame do help in ironing out the minor road undulations. For speed breakers, bridge joints etc, I need not slow down. The bike size is "M", 54cm. My height at 5'10" is a borderline case between size "M" & "L". As suggested by experts to go for one size lower, I opted for "M" size. Also there are absolutely no stocks available in "L" size. My friend who is just 1" taller than me wants "L" size, same bike as mine, but he will have to wait till new stocks arrive.

Quote:
Just one point for the future – those MTB pedals looks a bit out of place on the sleek Addict!
I agree, this bike deserves the clip-ons but I will take it one step at a time. First I will settle down riding a drop bar bike. Once I am comfortable, then I will switch over.

On a side note did an impromptu ride to NDA with one of my close friend's today morning. Sharing few pics below:

Post pictures of your Bicycle on day trips here!-whatsapp-image-20220614-7.32.48-am.jpeg

Post pictures of your Bicycle on day trips here!-whatsapp-image-20220614-7.32.48-am_1.jpeg

Post pictures of your Bicycle on day trips here!-whatsapp-image-20220614-7.32.49-am_3.jpeg

Post pictures of your Bicycle on day trips here!-whatsapp-image-20220614-7.32.51-am.jpeg

Post pictures of your Bicycle on day trips here!-whatsapp-image-20220614-10.34.39-am_strava_route_map.jpeg
AutoIndian is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 11:03   #666
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thank you dear vb-san. Yes, you are quite right. The bike is very comfortable and stable on all kinds of surfaces. The CF fork and frame do help in ironing out the minor road undulations. For speed breakers, bridge joints etc, I need not slow down. The bike size is "M", 54cm. My height at 5'10" is a borderline case between size "M" & "L". As suggested by experts to go for one size lower, I opted for "M" size. Also there are absolutely no stocks available in "L" size. My friend who is just 1" taller than me wants "L" size, same bike as mine, but he will have to wait till new stocks arrive.
That’s good, for your height size L would have been an overkill. Even for your friend I think M will be the right size.

And do get rid of that dork disc; for my bike I got it removed from showroom itself
Old 14th June 2022, 11:13   #667
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That’s good, for your height size L would have been an overkill. Even for your friend I think M will be the right size.
It depends on the bike frame and how aggressive/relaxed the biker prefers it to be and the biker's physique. I know coz I had the same problem (height ~5'11). Had to see-saw on 54 & 56 for quite a while but the 56 options suited me better for Cannondale options while 54 options suited me better for Trek bikes. I finally opted for 56 eventually, but I feel comfortable on 54 options too (when I rent/borrow bikes).
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 11:48   #668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On a side note, last weekend I picked up my new Scott Addict 30 bike from Pedal Drive in Pimple Saudagar.
Excellent choice! I was in Pedal Drive about a week or so ago and checked out a few Scotts for a friend. He is still making up his mind. They had a Gusto branded CF bike with 105 which I had never heard or seen before - looked interesting but Scott was definitely "tighter". Many congratulations and all the best to BRMs. The avg speed on your first ever ride is blisteringly fast, well done!
amol4184 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 14:24   #669
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

And do get rid of that dork disc; for my bike I got it removed from showroom itself
by "dork disc" do you mean that transparent plastic disc adjacent to the cassette? My friend did bike sizing and as per their analysis he was recommended size "L" or "XL". Given his upper body anatomy and his in-seam height, we was recommended to go for the above sizes to reduce the drop. Hence he is looking out for "L"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
Excellent choice! I was in Pedal Drive about a week or so ago and checked out a few Scotts for a friend. He is still making up his mind. They had a Gusto branded CF bike with 105 which I had never heard or seen before - looked interesting but Scott was definitely "tighter". Many congratulations and all the best to BRMs. The avg speed on your first ever ride is blisteringly fast, well done!
He offered us too the test ride of Gusto. He said that he had many customers who had come to pick up the Scott Speedster (alloy frame) for around 1.5 lacs, but when they test rode the carbon fibre Gusto, they fell for it and though priced at 1.65 lacs, they felt it to be a worthy upgrade. Looks like he is the all India distributor for Gusto bikes. I liked the red colored one. But the 23C sized tires and the handling was a dampener. Didn't feel the same confidence while riding it, that I felt while riidng the Scott. Even handling was not that good and thinner tyres meant more shocks, hence dropped it. But that bike was indeed a looker in red color.

My first long ride was purposefully done fast (if you check my HR, its mostly in Zone-4 (50%) & Zone-3 (41%) to test the average speed. I will be doing another run on Dehuroad bypass from "Y" junction to Navale bridge and back, just to test it's limit (or rather my limit, but I am hoping to reach the 30 kmph mark (if not more)
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 15:20   #670
Senior - BHPian

Sharing a few pics from my 300K ride last weekend in Maine. Had a ton of issues between us three riders. Lately, I have been getting a lot of flats, so now I am thinking of going tubeless. Who all are running tubeless here? Any issues?

Post pictures of your Bicycle on day trips here!-8a7e07bed3894b35823af7a1626534a3.jpeg

Post pictures of your Bicycle on day trips here!-c638e489acb646469e24d80ac1c3c79a.jpeg

Post pictures of your Bicycle on day trips here!-img_6b60f6cdf7a61.jpeg

Post pictures of your Bicycle on day trips here!-6d88042af1d84a0c918b82de5dca6e79.jpeg
amitoj is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 15:28   #671
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Sharing a few pics from my 300K ride last weekend in Maine. Had a ton of issues between us three riders. Lately, I have been getting a lot of flats, so now I am thinking of going tubeless. Who all are running tubeless here? Any issues?
There were a few queries on the main cycling thread on tubeless (don't remember who it was back then).

Instead why not go for puncture proof tires - Conti Gatorskins, Schwalbe Marathons, Duranos, etc. That strategy has worked wonderful for me; my Schwalbe Duranos went puncture proof for many years till end of last year when they started failing. Replaced them with Conti Gatorskin Hardshell; hoping for a similar puncture-proof experience.
Old 15th June 2022, 09:03   #672
BHPian

From Today's Morning Ride
Post pictures of your Bicycle on day trips here!-dsc00281.jpg

Post pictures of your Bicycle on day trips here!-dsc00283.jpg

Post pictures of your Bicycle on day trips here!-dsc00296.jpg

Post pictures of your Bicycle on day trips here!-dsc00291.jpg

Post pictures of your Bicycle on day trips here!-dsc00295.jpg

Post pictures of your Bicycle on day trips here!-dsc00299.jpg

Post pictures of your Bicycle on day trips here!-dsc00287.jpg

Post pictures of your Bicycle on day trips here!-img_20220615_083905.jpg
docmoya2007 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 13:43   #673
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
It depends on the bike frame and how aggressive/relaxed the biker prefers it to be and the biker's physique. I know coz I had the same problem (height ~5'11). Had to see-saw on 54 & 56 for quite a while but the 56 options suited me better for Cannondale options while 54 options suited me better for Trek bikes. I finally opted for 56 eventually, but I feel comfortable on 54 options too (when I rent/borrow bikes).
True, for me I find size L (or 58 in Trek speak) as ideal. When I tried fitting at trek on a road bike, its showed 60, but that felt way too big, especially on the endurance range (Domane). Size 58 hit the sweet spot and 56 was too aggressive. And with Giant, it was M/L that worked well

Quote:
by "dork disc" do you mean that transparent plastic disc adjacent to the cassette?
That’s the one

Quote:
My friend did bike sizing and as per their analysis he was recommended size "L" or "XL". Given his upper body anatomy and his in-seam height, we was recommended to go for the above sizes to reduce the drop. Hence he is looking out for "L"
That’s good. For my height and inseam (184.5cm/86cm), this was the recommendation on Scott website.

Post pictures of your Bicycle on day trips here!-scottcapture.png
Old 19th June 2022, 12:00   #674
BHPian

Proper Monsoon Ride this morning
Post pictures of your Bicycle on day trips here!-dsc00309.jpg

Post pictures of your Bicycle on day trips here!-img_20220619_074944.jpg

Small YouTube video from the same

Last edited by vb-saan : 19th June 2022 at 14:02. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another.
docmoya2007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 15:21   #675
BHPian

Weather was nice so went for a ride few days back.
Attached Thumbnails
Post pictures of your Bicycle on day trips here!-img_20220522_190111.jpg  

Candy$Cars is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks