Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2017, 19:38   #361
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
hows about underbody coating?.
I'm planning to get it done @ 3M Car Care store in Hyderabad. Most likely will go for the underbody coating with 5 years warranty and the paint sealant treatment.
Old 17th April 2018, 01:14   #362
Senior - BHPian

I am planning to procure a couple of accessories for my car(2010 Estilo). Can someone point to some reliable shops around Electronic City or Meenakshi mall, Bangalore?

1. Parking sensor with distance display
2. Seat covers
3. Fog lamps

Since it's a 7 year old car( only 30k kms on odo), Don't wanna spend too much. Just basic functional ones should do.

Last edited by SoumenD : 17th April 2018 at 01:15.
Old 17th April 2018, 08:19   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post

1. Parking sensor with distance display
For parking sensors you can order on Aliexpress and get them installed by a local electrician, it is a simple job and the sensors are very cheap as well. I ordered a set and they have been working perfectly. Here is the link to the product I ordered :

Car Auto Parktronic LED Parking Sensor With 4 Sensors Reverse Backup Car Parking Radar Monitor Detector System Backlight Display
http://s.aliexpress.com/MfYjmu67?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard

Alternatively,

Viecar Car LED Parking Sensor Kit 4 Sensors 22mm Backlight Display Reverse Backup Radar Monitor System 12V 8 Colors
http://s.aliexpress.com/reIZbEB7?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard

These ones are available in almost all colours.

Hope this helps.
Mr.mitsuvolk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2018, 08:27   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.mitsuvolk View Post
For parking sensors you can order on Aliexpress and get them installed by a local electrician, it is a simple job and the sensors are very cheap as well. I ordered a set and they have been working perfectly. Here is the link to the product I ordered :

Car Auto Parktronic LED Parking Sensor With 4 Sensors Reverse Backup Car Parking Radar Monitor Detector System Backlight Display
http://s.aliexpress.com/MfYjmu67?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard

Alternatively,

Viecar Car LED Parking Sensor Kit 4 Sensors 22mm Backlight Display Reverse Backup Radar Monitor System 12V 8 Colors
http://s.aliexpress.com/reIZbEB7?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard

These ones are available in almost all colours.

Hope this helps.
Hey mitsuvolk,

Thanks for link. But how difficult is to get this installed, as 4 sensors are to be installed on the bumper, will they drill the bumper. Planning for my old Corolla.

KK
Old 17th April 2018, 09:08   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Hey mitsuvolk,

Thanks for link. But how difficult is to get this installed, as 4 sensors are to be installed on the bumper, will they drill the bumper. Planning for my old Corolla.

KK
It is very simple. Yes the bumper will be drilled but the drill bit corresponding to the size of the sensors is provided by the Aliexpress seller along with the sensors so you need not worry about it. Nothing will look out of place after the installation of sensors. You can take the sensors to any accessories shop and they will happily install them for you at a nominal cost.

Another suggestion : you can ask the installer to install the digital distance display on top of the IRVM, it looks neat and is very helpful while reversing as both the IRVM and the sensor display fall in your line of vision.
Mr.mitsuvolk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2018, 09:13   #366
BHPian

For these type of sensor quoted in the above link, the bumper needs to be drilled at 4 places and these sensors will be inserted. If the body color does not match, this will be very visible. When I did it for my corolla, i just went in for a rear camera with a 4"TFT display at the front. This way, the small little camera can be installed/hidden and you get a clean video output, but no sound though. It was perfect for me.

Search key at Aliexpress - Rear Camera with monitor

Swami
swami69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2018, 22:28   #367
BHPian

Re: Pics: Accidents in India

Seatbelt cutter and glass break device – To save life in car crash

Invented by a 20 year old engineer. Seems useful. Has anyone here tried such a device?

Full interview with the inventor can be read at Rushlane
mayanksabharwal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2018, 11:29   #368
BHPian

Re: Pics: Accidents in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayanksabharwal View Post
Here is a AMA he did in Reddit Reddit AMA
mjumrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 14:34   #369
Senior - BHPian

The "USED" Accessories Price Check Thread

Hi guys,

Creating this thread as I have been struggling with a lot of queries regarding the accessories which my car has but there is no one point discussion / thread which answers those queries.

I think this thread will be useful
> To help commoners assess the commercial feasibility of buying / selling / upgrading car accessories
> To provide a discussion forum within a section of automotive space which is very poorly indexed and structured
> To understand the if we can enjoy used high grade accessories like we enjoy

What this thread will not be useful for
> Any model specific / technical queries
> Any Installation / DIY queries,

These are best handled through forum SMEs on respective threads like the ones below

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...vr-thread.html (The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...-ecosport.html (ICEing up my Ford EcoSport).

Let me kick off. I have a MapmyIndia system in my Honda City (7 inch touch screen model). The system works as it is supposed to, however doesnt have android auto. I wish to upgrade to a system which provides Android auto connectivity.

Also, I have the City (facelift 2015 onwards) Original system which I purchased from a fellow auto enthusiast, which is not compatible with my city due to the socket mismatch. (The new one has modified socket).

I am exploring upgrading to a Pioneer system (https://pioneer-india.in/buy/car-ent...s/avh-z5290bt/).

The question is, how much can I expect for my MapmyIndia 7 inch touch screen system and Original City system? So that I can plan my upgrade accordingly.
Old 27th February 2021, 18:47   #370

Hi

Just took delivery of Honda City 2020 Automatic Petrol ZX version. They say the car is fully loaded ...are any other accessories recommended? My usage is normal city driving, that too I have a chauffeur. I am not a speed or performance fiend or audiophile. I Do go to Pune once a month though, driving from Mumbai

Can someone suggest or point me to thread where I can find this info

Thanks
Peter
Old 29th September 2021, 15:10   #371

Accessories and Add ons for City V CVT and BMW X120d Xline

Hi friends,

Thanks to inputs from members here which helped with clearing things out and we decided on getting the Honda V CVT and the BMW X120d Xline variants (The 'Garage dilemma' thread : Buy / sell / keep / shuffle my cars).

The bookings have happened within last 2-3 days and we expect the cars to be delivered by mid next week as payments have been cleared for the same.

We have not opted for any of the standard accessories with either of the cars except a seat cover with the Honda City ( it was mandatory to have 10k in accessories and we let that slide)

I would appreciate some input with respect to accessories for both the cars

1. Honda V CVT ( Golden Brown)

a. Floor Mats
b. Dashcam
c. Coating (I would not want to spend a lot on this one)
d. We have asked Honda to provide us with alloys for the fifth wheel as well but they are charging Rs 8k for the same. Any suggestions?
e. Tyre inflator

2. BMW X1 20d Xline (Black)

a. Floor Mats
b. Coating ( Am willing to go with more expensive options like Xpel Ultimate but not sure if it would be worthwhile )
c. Dashcam ( it would be the same make/model for both cars)
d. Should i exchange the RFT's immediately to tubeless? I am guessing despite the RFT's being expensive if i do a swap immediately after delivery I should get similar tubeless for little extra. I would not want to pay too much considering the the car now comes with R17 which am hoping will be pretty reliable unlike the R18's which came earlier.
e. Have taken 3rd year extended warranty. I was told I can increase that anytime going forward. I know that maximum warranty is always recommended out here and i do plan on taking that.
f. The maintenance package I am currently unsure of as our expected running for it would be 10-12k a year. Please make suggestions if you have experience with BMW X1's in diesel variants please.

Some common questions.

a. Since both cars will be used by chauffeur's as well as by us any suggestions on how to make sure that there is no latent smell or feel left behind due to the same?

b. Any other optional accessories to be considered for either of the cars?

Thanks in advance to all the kind souls out here.

Cheers
Old 8th October 2021, 21:29   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
the maruti mechanic though said that although neolite makes the original, the stuff they sell in the aftermarket is not quite what they sell to maruti - meaning the OE is better. i refuse to believe that neolite changes the reflector for the aftermarket (that would be a silly thing for them to do in terms of cost control). the external brackets might look more polished but i am sure basically the thing is same - especially the all important reflector.
I know for a fact from a leading wheel manufacturer that their OEM supplies are the best quality. After market supplies to distributors are of lower grade.
And they even auction their reject wheels which eventually land up in retail shops or garages!
Old 9th October 2021, 13:02   #373
BHPian

Re: Accessories and Add ons for City V CVT and BMW X120d Xline

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulkumarin View Post

d. We have asked Honda to provide us with alloys for the fifth wheel as well but they are charging Rs 8k for the same. Any suggestions?

Try getting those from boodmo.com
Old 19th March 2022, 20:06   #374

Which is the one stop shop for all car accessories in Pune?

Hello, my fellow BHPians,
I am looking to accessorise my new car and was seeking some inputs as to which is one place I can go to in Pune to get everything set up in terms of the following accessories:
1. Windshield and side screen films? I think at least 70% transparency is a must
2. Stepper for SUV
3. Door handle guard
4. Modifying A-pillar - Vinyl vs Wrap in Black colour
5. Tyre inflator
6. Leather wrap for the steering

Can someone please suggest a good shop based on the following requirements:
1. Which is the best shop in Pune both in terms of Genuine products as well as craftsmanship? I need a place where even a novice can go and get the work done without feeling duped
2. Best Pricing
3. Quick turnaround time

I am still going through all the threads but didn't come across any heavily recommended shop for the work so far. Please advise. Thanks.
Old 25th March 2022, 13:27   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
i prefer pure cotton. they feel natural to touch.
I am very much on that same boat - cotton/ hosiery is the best option for me.
But while searching for cotton seat covers on Amazon - for a Suzuki S-Cross - I found that the REAR seat covers, in that towelling-type material, all seem to be ONE PIECE!

That would mean the central arm rest of the rear seat will get 'locked inside' the seat cover!
Any suggestions regarding a COTTON cover, but with the correct fitment for the rear seat?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks