Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2015, 08:02   #346

Re: Adding Body Styling Kit and other accessories from Maruti Genuine Accessories for New Swift

Thank you hangover...The reply helped...I was about to add accessories from maruti GA.
Would the warranty be voided if i get work done from other shops? My mod would be only for aesthetics.
I am a lil apprehensive about getting the car modded fron outside. Is there any reliable and tried and tested guy in western suburbs who can get the job done?
My requirements are:
Bumpers, side skirts, spoilers
Arm rest
May be some subtle interior changes
Old 14th September 2015, 10:25   #347
Senior - BHPian

Re: Adding Body Styling Kit and other accessories from Maruti Genuine Accessories for New Swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshitShinde View Post
Hi,

I have booked a new Swift ZXI.
Its Granite Grey in color.
I was planning to add on a few accessories for my car and request the experts out here to help me out with certain questions that i have in my mind. Thank you.

My questions are as follows:

Bumpers front+rear, side skirts

How much should the average cost be in the market?
Does it impact the ground clearance of the car?
Will i face trouble later on in maintaining them?
Will it impact performance?
How good will the styling kit provided by maruti GA be?

Arm Rest(similar to ford ecosport)
Is there someone in Mumbai who can get it added?
How much would it cost?

Paint protection, Underbody Coating, Anti Rust Coating
Is it advisable for a new car in places like mumbai and pune?
What are its disadvantages?
Which paint protection is most reliable?
What is the cost?

Thanks & Regards,
Harshit Shinde
Just a personal suggestion -

Side Skirts and Spoiler will look weird with the stock alloys. I would suggest you spend that money on some nice after market alloys and a little fatter rubber. Get a nice subtle spoiler, not a cloth hanger.

If you have more funds, go for projector headlights with DRLs and LED tail lights. There are plenty of good aftermarket options.

This will make your car a head turner and I am sure will cost almost the same as the list you have currently made.

No need for any coating on a new car!

There are many members who have installed aftermarket armrests in this forum. Just search for their threads.
Old 14th September 2015, 10:26   #348
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshitShinde View Post
Would the warranty be voided if i get work done from other shops? My mod would be only for aesthetics.
Not at all. You are only putting exterior bits and pieces like bumpers, spoilers and maybe some armrests or cup holders inside. There is no way your warranty is affected. Until you start doing things to the engine or suspension systems like putting in performance enhancing parts or mods, you can do whatever you like in terms of decoration.

Since you are planning on spending a bit of money get a fancy number plate also. Some cool ones are available. Per rules, the alphabets and numbers should be 5 cm in height. So you can do some creative work. And make it as small as legally possible.

In particular for Swift get a Honda city type of front number plate holder. Now its just bolted to the bumper very crudely.

Some states give you a smart card having all the vehicle's information - tax, insurance, and so on. Its neater than carrying photo copies of 10 different papers.

Last edited by hangover : 14th September 2015 at 10:29.
Old 14th September 2015, 12:12   #349
Senior - BHPian

For the Bumper skirts I would strictly not put those.
The side skirts will definitely lower your GC plus it will scrap on bad roads and not to mention the speed breakers(at least the ones in Pune).
Moreover the car will look hideous (my personal opinion).
For the spoilers I think it requires some drilling to be done. Somewhere I had read in Tbhp,where the spoiler installation was done in a shoddy manner resulting in rusting to appear right where the holes were drilled.
Old 20th September 2015, 19:51   #350
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car

I first thought of submitting this post in the 5-year old keep, upgrade or swap thread, but I guess it will be better here.

Okay, so my car is not new. I have the next-gen i20 which is nearing the end of its third-year running. I was initially thinking of getting a replacement (possibly an automatic), but have currently decided against it.

So, the situation is: I now want to refresh my existing i20. It is a Sportz model, so is pretty loaded that way, but is pure stock. Now I am looking at ways to freshen it up a bit with some cool accessories, so I can keep the car with me for another couple of years or so.

My list includes:
1. Leatherette seat covers (but I have been told this takes time and they rip your car apart).
2. Illuminated scuff plates.
3. HUD.
4. Rear LEDs (it already has front DRLs, but don't know whether this is doable, I mean the rear ones).
5. Any other that the Team-Bhp community can advise me on...

Let me know. Thanks.
kkdelhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 22:54   #351
Senior - BHPian

Re: Via Terra sunvisor extender and organizer

Purchased Via Terra Car Buddy Visor extender plus organizer for my Safari Dicor. Visor extender as per me is a handy feature seen only in new age cars and was never even thought about a few years back! This purchase was made mainly for the sunvisor extender and the organizer is an added bonus. There are transparent pockets for the mandatory vehicle docs/smartcard, a pocket with zipper for toll receipts/fuel bills etc and an additional deep Velcro fixed pocket. The sunvisor extender is smooth to pull out/push in and can be operated with one hand whilst driving. The stitches and build seems good and made to last. The installation too is simple with the two Velcro straps going around the sunvisor. Oh! There is a pen holder too. No more pen rattling away in the glove box.

ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-img_20160621_180402.jpg

ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-img_20160621_180251.jpg

With the extender pulled out. Covers the entire top portion of the window nicely without rattling or shaking about.
ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-img_20160621_180306.jpg
man_of_steel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 09:17   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkdelhi View Post
5. Any other that the Team-Bhp community can advise me on...

Let me know. Thanks.
1. Ambiente lighting for the interiors
2. Leather steering cover
3. 3m Nomad type floor mats
4. Touchscreen ICE if you don't have it already
5. Interior edge moulding
ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-834661318454938434.jpg

The i20 has a lot of options. Just search online.
Eg. Aliexpress
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2016, 13:47   #353
BHPian

Car key Protection Leather / Silicone covers

A variety of Silicone Covers & Leather Covers to protect your Car keys sold by Mycarkey India.

eBay store - stores.ebay.in/mycarkeyshop
Attached Thumbnails
ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-baleno-tpu.jpg  

ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-baleno-tpu1.jpg  

ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-honda-tpu-smart.jpg  

ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-innova-crysta-base.jpg  

ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-crysta-pu-brown.jpg  

ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-figo-flip.jpg  

ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-hyndai-smart.jpg  

ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-leather-black.jpg  

ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-crysta-2016-blue.jpg  

ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-octavia.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 4th December 2016 at 15:10. Reason: Removing other URL - doesn't work + merging into existing thread.
webblescott is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2016, 15:33   #354
BHPian

Alloy wheel hub cap stick on - Alumin Plates with adhesive

Universal Alloy wheel hub cap Stick on.

Diameter - 56 to 56.5mm

http://stores.ebay.in/mycarkeyshop/?..._nkw=wheel+hub
Attached Thumbnails
ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-skoda-vrs-center-hub.jpg  

ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-monster.jpg  

ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-bbs1.jpg  

ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-wrc-red.jpg  

ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-gti.jpg  

ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-ralliart.jpg  

ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-vossen-silver.jpg  

ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-merc.jpg  

ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-amg.jpg  

ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-oz-red.jpg  

Last edited by webblescott : 4th December 2016 at 15:35.
webblescott is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 15:58   #355
BHPian

How useful are the door sills? They do rust after some years. Anything rusting in a car should be a bigger problem than scratches on the paint which the door sills prevent.
Old 20th March 2017, 11:25   #356
BHPian

Has anybody used an OBD2 extension/ splitter?

Something like this?
Does this work fuss-free like the OEM OBD2 port?

Old 21st May 2017, 02:01   #357
BHPian

Accessorise Suzuki Ciaz Alpha

Hi Friends,

I've booked a Ciaz Alpha (Glistening Grey) couple of days back and now eagerly waiting for the delivery to happen. Being the Alpha model, it comes pretty much loaded. However, I'm looking out for suggestions from current owners and experts in this matter. Below is the list that I've prepared based on whatever info available with me. Kindly suggest if I need to get some / all of them from the Nexa showroom itself or get it done outside.

Air Freshener
Cushions - The one offered is Nexa looks & feels fine to me. Are they really useful?
Side Moulding
LED Sill Guard - I would prefer a non-LED version but MGA person said they have only LED version.
Bumper Guard
Mat - Shall I go for the ones offered under MGA or go for NOMAD matting @ any 3M Car Care store?
Trunk Mat
Back Door Chrome Garnish
Hertz Subwoofer & Amplifier - The MGA guy mentioned that it would cost around 16000 Rs. He also mentioned that the subwoofer would fit in the front doors itself. I'm somehow not convinced about it. Not sure if he's talking about subwoofer or component speakers.
Alloy Spare Wheel - I may need to do a tyre upgrade as well. Is it worth it?

Kindly do also suggest any other accessories that I might have skipped in my list above.

I also need to understand if I need to go for a Teflon / Underbody treatment from showroom itself or subscribe for a package from 3M. Is it worth the money that is being charged.

How about the leather seat that comes FF in Alpha version? Is it advisable to put another seat cover (of some other shade) on top of it?

Thanks a lot
Soum
samkat1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2017, 13:23   #358
Senior - BHPian

Re: Accessorise Suzuki Ciaz Alpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by samkat1 View Post
Hi Friends,
This thread (ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car) will help you choose the accessories for your Ciaz. Have a look.

Teflon coating is different from underbody coating. The former is mostly unnecessary. If you really want to protect your car's exteriors, please go for a paint sealant at any of the authorized 3M centres. Link. Underbody coating too can be done there itself. Alternatively, you can go through this thread and decide if ceramic coating suits you.

Enjoy the leather seats. No reason to wrap them up again.

For answers about speakers and woofers, please search here.

Congrats on your new car and welcome to the forum. (You took some time to get active, didn't you? )

Last edited by dailydriver : 21st May 2017 at 13:29.
dailydriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2017, 15:30   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
This thread (ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car) will help you choose the accessories for your Ciaz. Have a look.

Teflon coating is different from underbody coating. The former is mostly unnecessary. If you really want to protect your car's exteriors, please go for a paint sealant at any of the authorized 3M centres. Link. Underbody coating too can be done there itself. Alternatively, you can go through this thread and decide if ceramic coating suits you.

Enjoy the leather seats. No reason to wrap them up again.

For answers about speakers and woofers, please search here.

Congrats on your new car and welcome to the forum. (You took some time to get active, didn't you? )

Could you also suggest me some upgrades to the headlights without any warranty breach? I wanted to explore if we have any LED headlight option available for Ciaz as it's there in new City.
Old 22nd May 2017, 18:10   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samkat1 View Post
Could you also suggest me some upgrades to the headlights without any warranty breach?
You are in luck samkat1 .

We have a thread dedicated to auto lighting queries here. (Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here)

You will also find this thread (DIY Install: 3" XP Micro Bi-Xenon Foglight Projectors on my Swift) useful.

The official review pages of Ciaz too have information about the headlight upgrades, though it might be difficult for you to sift through the whole 140 odd pages of it.
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks