Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2014, 07:59   #331
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car

I have booked a Ford Classic 1.4L (Titanium) and it is expected to be delivered sometime next week. I'm planning to have the following accessories

Floor Mats - Free

3M Coating - Rs.8400 (Colour of the car is Diamond White)

Genuine Ford Seat Covers - Rs.10,000

Car Cover - Rs.2000

The showroom offers Rs.20,000 worth accessories and above mentioned are the things I intend to buy under that scheme.

I've heard reviews that the stock headlamps of the Classic is weak. Is it so? Should I opt for some aftermarket upgrade?

Suggestions (and approx. prices) of any other must have accessories?
Old 18th June 2014, 15:06   #332
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
I have booked a Ford Classic 1.4L (Titanium) and it is expected to be delivered sometime next week. I'm planning to have the following accessories

Floor Mats - Free

3M Coating - Rs.8400 (Colour of the car is Diamond White)

Genuine Ford Seat Covers - Rs.10,000

Car Cover - Rs.2000

The showroom offers Rs.20,000 worth accessories and above mentioned are the things I intend to buy under that scheme.
Dealers offer accessories at highly inflated prices, push for cash discount instead. See how much they offer - that will give you a rough idea of the actual worth of accessories.

White is a rather easy color to maintain. At max you can opt for some wax and shine session at a later date with a 3M center.

Car covers can be had for much much less from the local accessory shops if you look around.

Seat covers - depends on what the dealer is offering. Fit and finish can be a issue at dealers. Look for some other cars they might be working on to get an idea of the workmanship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
I've heard reviews that the stock headlamps of the Classic is weak. Is it so? Should I opt for some aftermarket upgrade?

Suggestions (and approx. prices) of any other must have accessories?
Drive it around for a few days. If you feel they are inefficient, go for a 100/90 setup or if you are not comfortable with alterations to the electricals, go for phillips xtreme vision or even Osram nightbreaker "unlimited" bulbs.

Congrats and ATB!
Dry Ice is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 14:06   #333
BHPian

Re: 3 years with my Honda City!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvindyoga View Post
Fellow Team-BHP members,

Important Note: I also purchased a pack of comcast spray paint, to hide some scratches caused by unruly hyderabad traffic. Never Ever go for this thing. Although the color is supposed to match my vehicle perfectly, I could never spray it right and resulted in a nasty patch, which I ultimately had to go to the Honda service center to get corrected. .Waste of money.

Regards,
ArvindYoga
The compaint is actually a good product in my experience.
But, as you said if you try to spray it the results won't be as expected.my technique is to spray the paint to a cotton bud tip and gently touch up the area.The results are promising.You may need to repeat the process after first touch up to get the desired colour .
I think its better to touch up scratches which are prone to rust,than to wait.
Attached Thumbnails
ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-20140626_135948.jpg  

anilntny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2014, 11:46   #334
BHPian

Re: 3 years with my Honda City!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilntny View Post
The compaint is actually a good product in my experience.
But, as you said if you try to spray it the results won't be as expected.my technique is to spray the paint to a cotton bud tip and gently touch up the area.The results are promising.You may need to repeat the process after first touch up to get the desired colour .
I think its better to touch up scratches which are prone to rust,than to wait.
That's a good tip Anil. I still have the bottle with me, but thankfully no scratches on my vehicle. I'll try out your method on a painted metallic surface in my house and see the results.

Thank you for the tip.

Regards,
ArvindYoga
Old 11th July 2014, 16:46   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvindyoga View Post
A really useful product I have purchased is the proklear nano glass coating. Has superior water beading on glass and reduces glare from oncoming headlights. They gave me an anti fog kit free. Used that on the inside and now my windshield never fogs up.
Required information on ProKLEAN Anti Fog Spray -

- Correct application procedure
- Life of product
- Any harmful effects on glass after application

Thanks in advance
Old 12th July 2014, 17:54   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunnabhaiMBBS View Post
Required information on ProKLEAN Anti Fog Spray -

- Correct application procedure
- Life of product
- Any harmful effects on glass after application

Thanks in advance
All materials required for application are provided with the product itself. The only thing needed separately is a bucket of water. The detailed application procedure is mentioned on the back of the packaging. It will take almost 1.5 hours to fully apply the product for a sedan size car.

Life of product depends on wiper usage and chemicals(if any) in the windscreen washer fluid. I have it on my vehicle for almost a year now, and there is no problem at all. Repels water just as good as it did when I first applied it.

No effects on glass. In fact, after complete application of the product, you wont even notice that there is any coating on the glass. My car has been parked in 40 degrees heat outside, in heavy rain etc. and there is no discoloration or peeling on the glass surface.

Here's a link to the product I purchased on eBay. It's available for 499.
Please note: I'm in no way connected to this seller or this product. I'm replying solely on my own personal experience with this product.

Ebay Listing - Proklear Nano

Regards,
ArvindYoga
Arvindyoga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2014, 20:10   #337
Senior - BHPian

Folks! On behalf of dear friend and fellow Bhpian Kirti Rana, I am posting some pics of his "Red Chariot" VW Polo GT Tsi recently purchased by him. Since past 2 days we both have been running around exploring various options of further modifying his already smashing hot Polo.

List of mods/changes/additions done till now:

1) Blacked out roof with Gloss Black

2) Smoked tail lamps

3) IDE Black side stripes

4) GT Grill.

Here are a few pics:

ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-photo1836.jpg

ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-photo1837.jpg

ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-photo1838.jpg

ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-photo1840.jpg

ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-photo1841.jpg

ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-photo1842.jpg

ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-photo1839.jpg

Now, Today after discussion yesterday, we finally went in for new seat covers. His obsession for Red and Black Combo made us explore a couple of options and finally we settled for a really decent one.

Pics of work in progress:

ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-photo1834.jpg

ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-photo1835.jpg

ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-photo1844.jpg

ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-photo1845.jpg

ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-photo1849.jpg

ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-photo1847.jpg

ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-photo1848.jpg

ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-photo1850.jpg

The workmanship of the technicians is really good since we opted for fabric stitching seat covers instead of the regular put-on seat covers. The process involved in re-stitching a new fabric on the OEM one is really tedious and more over the seats need to be taken out for this. However, the fit and finish is awesome.

The Place where we got it done is located in the Palika Bhavan market which is Opposite the Hyatt Regency Hotel in New Delhi. The name of the outlet is Autozone by Ess Cube International.

ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-photo1843.jpg

ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-photo1846.jpg

There are a few changes that are planned in next 2-3 weeks:

1) A possible re-map.

2) A sports steering wheel with airbag.

3) The door pads and the lower part of the dashboard shall be painted.

Thanks.
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 12:48   #338
BANNED

I just got myself a new car: The Maruti Ertiga ZDi

I installed some accessories on the 3rd day itself.

1. Seatcovers
2. Steering Cover
3. Front bull bar (sorry I just had to)
4. Rear bull bar (sorry again)
5. Illuminated scuff plates
6. Rear parking sensors
7. Window Visors
8. Floor mats

9. Team-BHP stickers... :P
kisharchit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2015, 14:30   #339
BHPian

Basic Modding Begins || My '09 IVTEC V-AT

Hello folks !!

With a '13 Hyundai i10 Era (CNG) now 21k kms done and a 04' Zen LXi now 1.4 L Kms done in the house.

And due to growing family needs to drive, I decided to purchase another Hatch (Since these all are daily drives).

I decided to buy an Hyundai Elite (Petrol). Had gone to Koncept Hyundai, Green Park (i10 was purchased from Koncept) in a friend's S-AT Civic.

Saw Elite, selected color (Garnet Red, same as i10's) but didnt book the car, as the dealer told me its only available on a minimum wait of 35-40 days.

I came back home in same S-AT Civic (I drove it both the times).

A little background:

My i10 is mostly driven by Wife, Zen by me and sometimes my younger brother (he drives only on a select Sat/ Sundays). Some times the need to drive the vehicle was clashing between me my brother and father (he only drives Zen, else commutes in a vehicle provided by his office) This is why I decided to buy another vehicle.

Now coming back to S-AT (Pardon me emphasizing on this one ) On my way back to home form Hyundai showroom, I was discussing with my friend that AT is a pleasure, rather comfort to drive. So he suggested why not buy a pre owned car, that too an AT.

I reached back home. Spent a few hours on my bed that same night looking at the 5 spokes of fan thinking about friend's suggestion.

Yes, No, Yes, No.. This continued till weekend and my visit to friend's place.

He works with Yes Bank, and told me his senior colleague is selling a 2010 Civic S-AT which is just 25k kms done and is most of the time parked at his home, Grey color.

I was super excited, and we fled away to check the car. But was disappointed to see the "HR" (Haryana) registration plates. I wanted a Delhi resigtered car (no specific reason as such).

After a few weekend wasted and test driving 1,00,93,8329 cars, I booked a Black '10 Civic V-AT from a dealer near R K Puram.

Next day I had to make payment, due to some unforseen meetings, I had to travel to Mumbai. Wen I came back, the car was sold :( didnt ask the dealer why.

Some friend told me to visit Mahidnra First choice too. Visited a few centers and posted by requirement at their portals.

In the meantime, was interacting with some friends/ reltives who are Civic users, they suggested that I should go for an IVTEC as Civic is too low and maintencnace is quite high if compared to City.

Well, then one fine day I received a call from Carnation, about a City with Auto Transmission.

*Now Cutting the crap & formalities*

This one out here is a 2009, 49k kms cloaked IVTEC V-AT. The color is Silver.

Saturday I got a few things installed:

1. Beige color 3 d mats
2. Beige color rear glass curtain
3. Autocop Parkpro PPP 1000 - with Camera and 4.3 inch Display (This was the most required)
4. Roots horn
5. Magnet window shades

Also saw an amazing deepdish rim but the size was 16 inches. Store owner suggested to go for 205-50-16, however, I left that would be too low, so dropped the idea.

Now planning to upgrade the tires. Stock size is 175/65/15.

Some good friends and a few tire dealers are suggesting to stick with OE alloys and upgrade only to 195 - 60 - 15.

This evening I am going to Lajpat Nagar mkt to see if there are some good alloy designs in 15 inches.

Will upload pics soon.
Old 24th March 2015, 11:58   #340
BHPian

Re: Basic Modding Begins || My '09 IVTEC V-AT

Here are a few pics :
Attached Thumbnails
ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-1.jpg  

ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-2.jpg  

ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-3.jpg  

ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-4.jpg  

ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-honda-city-6.jpg  

ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-honda-city-5.jpg  

Old 24th March 2015, 12:15   #341
BHPian

Re: Basic Modding Begins || My '09 IVTEC V-AT

Finally Home

ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-20150318_075203.jpg

I am looking for a rim like this, cant find one in Delhi :(

ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-deep_dish_wheels_4x114_3_sport_rim.jpg

Also please let know if 205 - 55 - 15 a good size and will it fit OE rim?

Regards
Old 27th March 2015, 15:46   #342
BHPian

Update:

Installed 205 - 55 - 15 Maxxis MAZ1 tyre on OE rim.
Old 21st April 2015, 10:37   #343
BHPian

and yesterday got the seat covers and modulo grill fitted
Old 13th September 2015, 08:05   #344

Adding Body Styling Kit and other accessories from Maruti Genuine Accessories for New Swift

Hi,

I have booked a new Swift ZXI.
Its Granite Grey in color.
I was planning to add on a few accessories for my car and request the experts out here to help me out with certain questions that i have in my mind. Thank you.

My questions are as follows:

Bumpers front+rear, side skirts

How much should the average cost be in the market?
Does it impact the ground clearance of the car?
Will i face trouble later on in maintaining them?
Will it impact performance?
How good will the styling kit provided by maruti GA be?

Arm Rest(similar to ford ecosport)
Is there someone in Mumbai who can get it added?
How much would it cost?

Paint protection, Underbody Coating, Anti Rust Coating
Is it advisable for a new car in places like mumbai and pune?
What are its disadvantages?
Which paint protection is most reliable?
What is the cost?

Thanks & Regards,
Harshit Shinde
Old 13th September 2015, 15:03   #345
BANNED

Re: Adding Body Styling Kit and other accessories from Maruti Genuine Accessories for New Swift

I'm not in Mumbai and can't comment on prices.

In general don't use Maruti GA. Don't take a single accessory from them. Pick up your car and any freebies they give and drive away.

Margins on these extras are 100-200%.

There are many many shops where you get better range and quality. See where the NRI student or the foreign student crowd hangs out. Their cars are usually full of every possible accessory. They may know good shops.

Or just keep the car as is until you visit Singapore or Thailand. You can pick up better stuff for less than 50% or even 90% the rates here. Swifts are popular there too. I picked up a set of clip on pedals for Rs. 400/- in Singapore. Here it's 1500-2000.

Anyway, to your questions on ground clearance. Front skirts will get smashed on the first road hump or while parking with the front overhang above a footpath.
Side ones - not much. Only a few mm if at all. Depending on its design it's at the same level as the body.

I didn't face any maintenance issues. It's just high quality plastic. A standard pressure wash removes all the dirt.

But it did get scratched a lot as passengers scraped their sandal heels and big boots while exiting.

Vehicle performance stayed the same. But when your car looks beautiful and clean it adds a few kmph in tailwinds. That may make it faster.

Do put those rain protection guards on the side windows. It's legal and somehow creates a shadow on the glass. This adds a bit of privacy.

Fix a bigger and better quality mirror on the reverse of the front passenger sunshade. In case you get lucky, this thoughtful item will be appreciated.

Don't bother with underbody coats and what not. It's just a con job. I went to the Maruti plant in my study tour. The number of coats and paints the body shell gets in the factory is enough for 30 years.

Last edited by hangover : 13th September 2015 at 15:10.
hangover is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks