Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2013, 10:57   #406
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List

From http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...l#post3164091:
Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Off topic - Happened in my car too. Pressure was around
40PSI. I used the vehicle for 1 month with that. Recommending to add this in PDI checklist.
Just happened with my new Punto as well. Felt the ride was very bumpy with a slight pulling to one side after i took delivery of the vehicle. Had the tire pressure checked at Shell and the front right tire had been inflated to 46 PSI! Rest of them were around 36 PSI.
Old 19th September 2013, 20:30   #407
BHPian

I really appreciate and thank all the contributors of this thread. I am about to take delivery of a new Fortuner AT. The vehicle's manufacturing date is June 2013. Needless to say we are in September 2013 - so the vehicle is around 3 months old from the date of manufacture. ODO shows 54Km. Is this ok? Please respond at the earliest. Thanks a lot.
Old 19th September 2013, 21:58   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizanfan View Post
I really appreciate and thank all the contributors of this thread. I am about to take delivery of a new Fortuner AT. The vehicle's manufacturing date is June 2013. Needless to say we are in September 2013 - so the vehicle is around 3 months old from the date of manufacture. ODO shows 54Km. Is this ok? Please respond at the earliest. Thanks a lot.
54Kms is no big deal. This is the distance from the showroom/yard to the RTO. Just follow the PDI list and check for anything irregular.

Congratulations!
carzone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2013, 03:31   #409
BANNED

Quote:
The vehicle's manufacturing date is June 2013. Needless to say we are in September 2013 - so the vehicle is around 3 months old from the date of manufacture. ODO shows 54Km. Is this ok?
I can understand what you are going through but 54 kms on the odometer is decent enough and not alarming to reject the vehicle. Just check the car thoroughly for dents, repainting or any sort of damage. Check the engine oil once to be sure of.

BTW, Congratulations for the Fortuner. One heck of a vehicle from Toyota.

Have a safe and happy ownership.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2013, 08:35   #410
BHPian

carzone, a4anurag, thanks a lot. Fyi: The vehicle's manufacturing date on the toyota kirloskar sticker on the wind shield says 25-06-2013 as the manufacturing date. And under the hood, to the right of the battery there's a metallic label that shows the manufacturing date as 06-2013 (date is not specified). The information on the metallic label is etched as opposed to printed. I like the fact that Toyota displays this information clearly on their cars. In case of several other cars folks have to try to decode the vin to get the manufacturing date.
Old 20th September 2013, 08:49   #411
BANNED

Quote:
The vehicle's manufacturing date on the toyota kirloskar sticker on the wind shield says 25-06-2013 as the manufacturing date. And under the hood, to the right of the battery there's a metallic label that shows the manufacturing date as 06-2013 (date is not specified).
In spite having the date displayed on the car still decode the VIN code for double assurance.

Congratulations once again. When is the delivery?

Anurag.
Old 20th September 2013, 12:24   #412
BHPian

Taking delivery possibly today. -
It seems Toyota cars in India do not encode the manufacturing date in the VIN. They simply add XX/XX at the end of the VIN number to indicate the month and year of manufacture.
Old 1st October 2013, 12:41   #413
BHPian

Urgent Advice Required - May amnufactured Fiat linea

HI All,
Would like to hear your opinion on this small query. I had booked a Fiat Linea T-Jet on Sep 14th and got the chance to check it at the dealer ship today. Checking the VIN number the manufacturing date is May 2013.
So that means the car is 4 months old. Just wanted to check if this is normal. Should i ask for more discounts on this car.

Addl info:
1) Car has 50 kms on odo
2) The tyres are Goodyear and is Aug manufactured.
3) There are rusts on the sideof the disc brakes in front but all the cars in the showroom (incl the fiat linea classic) has the same.

Thanks
Jaykis
Old 4th October 2013, 04:15   #414
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKis View Post
HI All,
Would like to hear your opinion on this small query. I had booked a Fiat Linea T-Jet on Sep 14th and got the chance to check it at the dealer ship today. Checking the VIN number the manufacturing date is May 2013.
So that means the car is 4 months old. Just wanted to check if this is normal. Should i ask for more discounts on this.
It is OK to have that 4 months difference but do a through PDI before signing the dotted line.

What you can do is squeeze in discounts or freebies on the car. If your trying for discounts then try it on the Ex-Showroom price as it would decrease the tax etc.

Rust in that area is common but the depth of the rust is the point to be looked into. Go a little deep while do the PDI for any defects it signs of problems due to storage in the ware house.

Anurag.
Old 15th October 2013, 17:13   #415
BHPian

Hello Folks,

We have finalized on getting a TATA Vista D90 - all loan formalities,etc are done. Got the VIN number from the dealer today but am shocked to find that it is a March 2013 manufactured car. The SA has been very helpful all along and says that since I am taking the top end (ZX+ variant) + - this hasn't had a lot of takers.

But the SA has told me to do a PDI and then decide before taking a call on the vehicle. He has also promised to get the battery & engine oil changed if I confirm the vehicle.

The other catch is that Concorde motors has a central stockyard and can't request for another Spice Red when they have inventory. If I need a newer car I have the option of going for another color like Grey instead but that will take another month and there is a possibility of price hike and current offers (3yrs Insurance free).

I am now confused how I proceed? Please advise.
Old 15th October 2013, 18:12   #416
Senior - BHPian

Why the shock? It is a machine not a pizza out of Domino's that is delivered fresh. I understand that when one buys a car one does expect it to be mint fresh off the assembly line but then we all know that it cannot be that way. Even if one were to buy a fast moving vehicle like the Alto, one gets minimum a month old vehicle and this is for Dilli NCR where the factory itself is located. Bear in mind any car that you buy is built to last a long time and that 6 months is but a fraction in it's working life span.

In your case I would say you are very lucky to have found a SA who is willing to work with you and giving you the options of changing fluids or opting for a different colour etc etc.

I suggest you take up with him the matter pertaining to discounts etc. if you were to go for a different colour and what additional cash discount will he give you for taking this car. Remember he said there are not many takers for this variant, so use that and alongside also do a PDI to familiarise yourself with the condition of the red one. This way you will have all the necessary inputs to arrive at an informed decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonblr View Post
.....Got the VIN number from the dealer today but am shocked to find that it is a March 2013 manufactured car. The SA has been very helpful all along and says that since I am taking the top end (ZX+ variant) + - this hasn't had a lot of takers.

But the SA has told me to do a PDI and then decide before taking a call on the vehicle. He has also promised to get the battery & engine oil changed if I confirm the vehicle.

.. If I need a newer car I have the option of going for another color like Grey instead but that will take another month and there is a possibility of price hike and current offers (3yrs Insurance free).
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2014, 16:06   #417
BHPian

Guys, iam planning to take a Alto 800 Tomorrow. I have paid a boking amount of rs.5000 and he said he will deliver the vehicle tomorrow and i can make the rest of the payment.

Now he says i have to make the cheque payment, and only after realisation of the cheque he will give the car to me after RTO work.
Is it right ? Does he have to wait till the cheque to be cleared.
drsvijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2014, 16:25   #418
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsvijay View Post
Guys, iam planning to take a Alto 800 Tomorrow. I have paid a boking amount of rs.5000 and he said he will deliver the vehicle tomorrow and i can make the rest of the payment.

Now he says i have to make the cheque payment, and only after realisation of the cheque he will give the car to me after RTO work.
Yes buddy, till the cheque is not cleared the car is not delivered and not registered. This is done for safety reasons by the dealer.

One more advice, check the odometer and the whole body once before signing the dotted line to be sure.

Congratulations by the way for the Alto 800. Wishing many happy miles with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Djinn View Post
Just happened with my new Punto as well. Felt the ride was very bumpy with a slight pulling to one side after i took delivery of the vehicle. Had the tire pressure checked at Shell and the front right tire had been inflated to 46 PSI! Rest of them were around 36 PSI.
This is a common practice and one has to check and ensure things are set right before delivery. Good that you checked it and corrected it soon.

Same in my case when my Swift ZDi was delivered, all 4 tyres had 53.7 psi in them, deflated them to F=32 psi and R=30 psi

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 15th January 2014 at 16:28.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2014, 18:20   #419
Senior - BHPian

Used your checklist to PDI an Eon, which Advaith graciously allowed with much patience. The car seems perfect, and to my luck turned out just a few days fresh from the factory.

[quote=girishglg;2963859]Compiled a checklist from the original posted in the beginning of this thread into a one pager for his quick reference (all the points are from the original document, credit goes fully to the original authors).
Old 15th January 2014, 22:15   #420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsvijay View Post

Why not give a draft and pick the vehicle right away?

Most Viewed