Team-BHP - ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   On buying a car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/)
-   -   ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/96830-article-find-your-cars-date-manufacture-vin-145.html)

Please help in finding the month and year of manufacture of my Vento I booked last week. The VIN is "MEXF 15600 FT 107401 ECWX 110306"

This is the code that the sales person messaged me

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shashidl (Post 3799781)
Vento VIN MEXF15600FT107401

Congrats ! It's June 2015 model. The fourth character 'F' represents the June month. The fifth and sixth character represents the production year and in your case, it's 15 which stands for 2015. The tenth character 'F' represents that it's a 2015 model.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grand Drive (Post 3799791)
Congrats ! It's June 2015 model. The fourth character 'F' represents the June month. The fifth and sixth character represents the production year and in your case, it's 15 which stands for 2015. The tenth character 'F' represents that it's a 2015 model.

Thank you very much.
A little dissapointed that it is not a Aug-Sep model though :confused:
The delivery is scheduled for tuesday (15th Sept). Should I be complaining about this considering the fact that the car is manufactured in chackan very close to Pune. How come they can send me a 3 month old car

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grand Drive (Post 3799746)
Congrats ! It's September month model. The fourth character 'J' represents the September month. The fifth and sixth character represents the production year and in your case, it's 15 which stands for 2015. The tenth character 'G' represents that it's a 2016 model.

just wanted to ask how come the model be 2016?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shashidl (Post 3799798)
just wanted to ask how come the model is 2016?

Please refer to this post for the details.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grand Drive (Post 3793896)
Congrats ! It's August 2015 model. The eleventh character 'F' represents the year 2015 and the twelfth character 'T' represents the August month.

@GrandDrive How did you decode the additional details from the ford VIN?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam.91 (Post 3800293)
How did you decode the additional details from the ford VIN?

Please refer this link to decode Ford's VIN.

Quote:

Originally Posted by execve (Post 3794009)
I dont know understand what sense this makes -- but now the VIN is confirmed and I can maybe post a photo whenever I get my eyes on the car (~2 weeks+).

Hi execve,

How many days after the booking did you get confirmation on VIN? Was the color of your choice available with dealer or ordered from VW.

Regards.

Quote:

Originally Posted by antardaksh (Post 3800729)
How many days after the booking did you get confirmation on VIN? Was the color of your choice available with dealer or ordered from VW.
Regards.

Booking date was the 23rd of Aug -- they didnt have the colour of my choice; I got the VIN on the 3rd of Sep and am told the car is still in transit! Wonder how many days it takes for it to reach Bangalore. :Frustrati

Need someone to decode to ViN for Ford Ecosport.

MAJAXXMRKAFS70988

F = 2015

Can I know which month? Thanks guys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3813009)
ViN for Ford Ecosport.

MAJAXXMRKAFS70988

F = 2015

Can I know which month?

It's July 2015 model. The eleventh character 'F' represents the year 2015 and the twelfth character 'S' represents the July month.

More details as follows :

Build Date: 26.07.2015
Vehicle Line: EcoSport 2013-
Body Style: 5 Door UAV
Version: Premium Version
Engine: 1.5L Duratec Ti-VCT (110PS) - Sigma
Transmission: 6 Speed Auto Transmission DPS6
Drive: RHD FWD
Axle Ratio: 4.58/5.12
Emission: With Stage IV Emission Car
Air Conditioning: Automatic Air Conditioning
Territory: (+)"IND"
Paint: Smoke Grey
Interior Colour: Warm Neutral Grey
Interior Fabric: Shanghai Light

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grand Drive (Post 3813045)
It's July 2015 model. The eleventh character 'F' represents the year 2015 and the twelfth character 'S' represents the July month.

All match except color and Transmission. Not sure why it is displaying 6 speed Auto.

Thanks btw.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3813052)
All match except color and Transmission. Not sure why it is displaying 6 speed Auto.

The details are as per this link. The VIN clearly indicates that it's a July 2015 model. What's the color and transmission of your Ecosport?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grand Drive (Post 3813055)
The VIN clearly indicates that it's a July 2015 model. What's the color and transmission of your Ecosport?

I have registered in that link. Thanks.

Color: Mars Red
Transmission: 5MT
Engine: 1.5L TiVCT

Guys Can someone pls decode- MA3EWDE1S00950898

This is for a relative's Wagon-R Vxi. I did talk to the SA about the VIN having 21 characters, but he said newer Maruti's come with 17 character VIN.

please: help?

Asit

Quote:

Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 (Post 3813261)
Guys Can someone pls decode- MA3EWDE1S00950898

Hi,

You will find last two digits in the engine compartment. Please request your dealer to share complete VIN.

VIN in Maruti should be like this

ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)-marutivin.jpg

You can easily decode month/year of manufacture using information in the same thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...ml#post2249679

Regards.