Team-BHP - ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   On buying a car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/)
-   -   ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/96830-article-find-your-cars-date-manufacture-vin-152.html)

I am planning to buy an Audi A4 manufactured in 2011 and the VIN is WAUZBB8K2BY700851.... is there a way in which I can get the mileage on the car using the VIN?

Thanks for decoding the vin.
Where can I physically see vin no. on polo gt tsi. How is it related to engine number and chasis number ?. Can the dealer change the vin on car?
Need help. Will tell the whole story in separate thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by columbus (Post 3872870)
Where can I physically see vin no. on polo gt tsi. How is it related to engine number and chasis number ?. Can the dealer change the vin on car?

VIN is located at the base of the windshield on the left corner just I below the passenger side wiper.

VIN cannot be changed.

Hi Guys,

A relative has booked Hyundai Xcent and below given is the VIN# which has been shared with him. Can someone please help me decode this?

MALA841CLFM151518

Thanks,
Ashish

Quote:

Originally Posted by Engine_Roars (Post 3873662)
Hi Guys,

A relative has booked Hyundai Xcent and below given is the VIN# which has been shared with him. Can someone please help me decode this?

MALA841CLFM151518

Thanks,
Ashish

Ask the SA for the complete 19 character VIN. The last two characters which indicate the month of manufacturing are missing. But looking at the sequence number, it might be a Oct or Nov 2015 manufactured vehicle.

Hi, i've just booked a storme ex and have received the VIN today. Looks like Nov 15. Could you please confirm

MAT617025FNN07551

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seek (Post 3875990)
Hi, i've just booked a storme ex and have received the VIN today. Looks like Nov 15. Could you please confirm
MAT617025FNN07551

Congrats! It's November 2015 model. The tenth character 'F' represents the year 2015 and the twelfth character 'N' represents the November month.

Hi Guys

Booked a Hyundai Grand i10 and here's what I could make out of the VIN that the sales rep provided. Can you let me know if I have missed out something?
VIN: MALA851DLFM394526. Additionally, the sales manager showed me some data on her screen (I wasn't peeping, promise!) - they have something called as 'aging' listed too; mine shows that it was signed off & dispatched on the 19th from the factory, so the aging was showing up as '07' when I checked on Saturday. Going in for a PDI today, hopefully this will also go through and will be ready to get the car delivered in the new year!

1. M Asia (India)
2. A HMI (Hyundai Motor India)
3. L Class of vehicle – Light Motor Vehicle (Car)
4. A Model – Xcent (actually it’s a Grand i10, but will let this pass)
5. 8
6. 5 Type of car – 5 door hatchback
7. 1 Safety features – Active 3-point (? - not sure if this is right since the one I've booked is a dual airbag + ABS one)
8. D
9. L
10. F 2015 – year of manufacture
11. M Plant – Chennai, India
12. X
13. X
14. X
15. X
16. X
17. X
18. *
19. M December – month of manufacture

Can you please help decode this?
It's for an xcent base+1 diesel:
MALA741DLFM124810

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankk (Post 3878955)
Can you please help decode this?
It's for an xcent base+1 diesel:
MALA741DLFM124810

Hi mayankk - Congrats on the Xcent! Which color did you go for?

The 10th letter is 'F' indicating a 2015 year manufacture; can you get the last 2 digits in the VIN? The one that you've given is 17 digits which gives you the country, plant and year of manufacture (these are the ones of primary interest). The last 2 digits (18th and 19th) would be something like (as an example):
*M -> M indicating December manufacture.

Quote:

Originally Posted by turboturtle (Post 3878975)

Hi mayankk - Congrats on the Xcent! Which color did you go for?

-----snip -------The last 2 digits (18th and 19th) would be something like (as an example):
*M -> M indicating December manufacture.

Thanks. It's a silver one for my sister. I'm just trying to wangle the last two digits from the dealer.

A friend of mine is going for Hyundai CRETA 1.6 CRDi Auto SX+

The VIN is MALC381UMFM058351

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKNAN (Post 3880466)
A friend of mine is going for Hyundai CRETA 1.6 CRDi Auto SX+

The VIN is MALC381UMFM058351

Please provide the full VIN(19 characters) as nineteenth character represents the month.

Figo aspire MAJZXXMTKZFJ19145 please help me

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grand Drive (Post 3880692)
Please provide the full VIN(19 characters) as nineteenth character represents the month.

Complete 19 Digit VIN is MALC381UMFM058351*M