Team-BHP - ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   On buying a car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/)
-   -   ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/96830-article-find-your-cars-date-manufacture-vin-148.html)

My colleague has booked a ecosport trend version ( pre face lift), can anyone please decode this VIN for him MAJAXXMRKAFT81510

Quote:

Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 (Post 3831896)
Wildon used to have a detailed PDF report - any way to get it ?

I don't have a detailed PDF report.

Quote:

Originally Posted by throttleking (Post 3831908)
my new TJET is Feb 2015 manufactured.

Congrats! Please do a thorough PDI.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mazda4life (Post 3837009)
Ecosport VIN MAJAXXMRKAFT81510

It's August 2015 model. The eleventh character 'F' represents the year 2015 and the twelfth character 'T' represents the August month.

More details as follows:

Build Date: 20.08.2015
Vehicle Line: EcoSport 2013-
Body Style: 5 Door UAV
Version: Trend
Engine: 1.5L Duratec Ti-VCT (110PS) - Sigma
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual Transaxle - B5/IB5
Drive: RHD FWD
Axle Ratio: 4.56
Emission: With Stage IV Emission Car
Air Conditioning: Manual Air Conditioning
Territory: (+)"IND"
Paint: Diamond White No.2
Interior Colour: Warm Neutral Grey
Interior Fabric: Dali Light

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grand Drive (Post 3780693)
Congrats ! It's July 2015 model. The fourth character 'G' represents the July month. The fifth and sixth character represents the production year and in your case, it's 15 which stands for 2015. The tenth character 'F' represents that it's a 2015 model.

hi grand drive,
Is it possible to decipher the date of production from this VIN?
This is a VW vento Highline tsi.
Its an oct 2015 manufacture and the model is 2016, do correct me if im wrong

MEX K15601 GT 0 43059

thanks so much!

Quote:

Originally Posted by famousshoes (Post 3838011)
VW vento Highline tsi MEX K15601 GT 0 43059

Congrats ! It's October month model. The fourth character 'K' represents the October month. The fifth and sixth character represents the production year and in your case, it's 15 which stands for 2015. The tenth character 'G' represents that it's a 2016 model.

Friends, happy to inform you that just now received my TUV's chassis number. It is F6KXXXXX.

As per Wildon's earlier post on VIN decoding for Mahindra cars:
F = Year of manufacturing = 2015
6 = I guess this is the manufacturing plant = Chakan, Pune
K = Month of manufacturing = Oct
XXXXX = These 5 digits are the serial number of the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grand Drive (Post 3838103)
Congrats ! It's October month model. The fourth character 'K' represents the October month. The fifth and sixth character represents the production year and in your case, it's 15 which stands for 2015. The tenth character 'G' represents that it's a 2016 model.

Isn't it like
A - Jan
B - Feb?

Because if thats the case, k should be November right? Even my new vento's VIN goes like MEXK15***** and i was wondering why it's K instead of being J for October.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lihkinm (Post 3838296)
Isn't it like
A - Jan
B - Feb?

Because if thats the case, k should be November right? Even my new vento's VIN goes like MEXK15***** and i was wondering why it's K instead of being J for October.

I think they do not use the letter I to avoid confusion with numeric 1. So H is August, J is September and K is October.

I went for PDI of my BIL's Honda city. I found the 9th and 10th digit of the VIN as F and K. It means that the car is mamufactured in Oct 2015.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lihkinm (Post 3838296)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat (Post 3839359)
I think they do not use the letter I to avoid confusion with numeric 1

VIN coding systems are based on ISO 3779:2009 and ISO 3780:2009 standards. You can refer these links for more details:

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Could someone help me decode this VIN: MA3EXMG1S00178675

Its a Maruti Ciaz.

After going through this thread got to know that Maruti has 21 digit codes, but this 17 digit VIN is all i have as on now, hence :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by karan561 (Post 3842691)
After going through this thread got to know that Maruti has 21 digit codes, but this 17 digit VIN is all i have as on now, hence:

Get the VIN again from your SA and clearly tell him to give the 21 characters length.

Can someone please help with this figo VIN ? Its for a friend. He had booked a new figo and the sales person just gave him the VIN number. I tried to decode it using info from https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/find...anufacture-vin (Page 13). If I understood it correctly, then this car is 2015 Oct make. Please help me confirm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardoop (Post 3844484)
Can someone please help with this figo VIN ?

You forgot to provide the VIN. Check this link to decode the Ford's VIN.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grand Drive (Post 3844519)
You forgot to provide the VIN. Check this link to decode the Ford's VIN.

My bad. Sorry. The VIN is MAJGXXMTKGFU30210. The link you provided gives all the info I needed. Thank you!

I just got VIN number for a vento GTI HL in stock it is MEXL15600GT045342, so if my understanding is correct, it is a Nov Make 2016 car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheK (Post 3847668)
VIN vento GTI HL MEXL15600GT045342

Congrats ! It's November month model. The fourth character 'L' represents the November month. The fifth and sixth character represents the production year and in your case, it's 15 which stands for 2015. The tenth character 'G' represents that it's a 2016 model.