Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2009, 02:20   #631
Senior - BHPian

I think rattles depends upon how you have maintained the car. My friend's Safari has done 50K km in 1.5 years and its still rattle free. But yes there is engine noise at high speed and vibrations in the car or should i say TRUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
Hmm That's funny because a friend had loaned me a Safari 2.2 some time back, and I found the NVH to be extremely high (Maybe I'm too used to sedans like the Accord and BMWs and Mercs)

I currently have the Safari with me as of today, due to the flooding in Mumbai, will check again. Also at the speeds I do on the expressway, the wind noise is too much.

In addition to all of that, I found that there is a quite a bit of tyre noise audible from inside the cabin at cruising speeds.

Also the 3L engine is known to vibrate and be more noisy than the 2.2

In the end I guess it depends on the age and use of the vehicle, the car I'm using now has traveled over 70K KMs in it's short life, and rattles like hell!

: Still stuck at work, damn the floods and rain. On TBHP from the Doctor's Lounge computer . Can't wait to head home tomorrow in the king of the jungle the safari.
Old 15th July 2009, 10:23   #632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
... Maybe I'm too used to sedans like the Accord and BMWs and Mercs ...
So are a lot of other people here. But, we don't make assumptions and become prejudiced. If we do that, we would be providing inappropriate solutions to problems, and mislead people.
Old 15th July 2009, 10:31   #633
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
I suppose Noisekill and having the Wurth Spray would do better job.

Initially I thought of getting the SecondSkinAudio's Spectrum but getting the 5 gallon works out a lot.
1. I have not compared DE to a combo of Wurth and NK so I'd love to hear your observations. The DE I used was on the doors of my car. The NK was used on my wife's and mom's cars and also in the subwoofer enclousre of all 3 cars. The Wurth has been used on the underbody of all 3 cars.

2. Where do you get Second Skin in India?
Old 15th July 2009, 18:46   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
1. I have not compared DE to a combo of Wurth and NK so I'd love to hear your observations. The DE I used was on the doors of my car. The NK was used on my wife's and mom's cars and also in the subwoofer enclousre of all 3 cars. The Wurth has been used on the underbody of all 3 cars.

According to the second skin website, when i had a look maybe 18 months ago, they had a distributor in Navi Mumbai. Despite that it appears unavailable here, great stuff though.

Quote:
Did some research on the SAdesign damping material and found this:
Autocar India Forums: Sound & Vibration Damping

That's different stuff to what I have installed, the stuuf I have got has a buytl layer also, thickness is 140mils, which is Greek to me, some imperial measurement, save yourself the time an just contact the guy himself, he'll send you a brochure and probably some sample pieces. You can find his contact details here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...larations.html

Ok after a second look it's the same as the type one kit, i had 20sqft which i was charged 2800 bucks for including installation.

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th July 2009 at 14:02. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 16th July 2009, 12:09   #635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Second Skin is not available in India. I was planning to call for it through a friend of mine who is coming down next month. But I suppose the Wurth water based underbody treatment should work just fine.

Quote:

Second Skin is not available in India. I was planning to call for it through a friend of mine who is coming down next month. But I suppose the Wurth water based underbody treatment should work just fine.

Navin which Wurth underbody have you used? As I mentioned I was told there are 2 options.

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th July 2009 at 14:01. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. Thanks.
Old 16th July 2009, 15:48   #636
Team-BHP Support

It was water based as I did not want any odd smells.
Old 18th July 2009, 11:45   #637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It was water based as I did not want any odd smells.
How effective is this water based compared to the rubber based and how many litres did you use?

Can you give some feedback on this?

Thanks

Last edited by Invinsible : 18th July 2009 at 11:48.
Old 21st July 2009, 18:08   #638
Senior - BHPian

I got the Wurth Spray known as stone gaurd, called them up and they door delivered to me. Cost me Rs.1500 for 2 500ml bottles. I plan to use each bottle on the inner wall of the front doors, use these over the damping material. Now I need to decide which one would be better choice NK, DE, or any other ? Which one would be worth it?
Also, where can I get close celled foam?

Last edited by Invinsible : 21st July 2009 at 18:16.
Old 21st July 2009, 18:12   #639
Senior - BHPian

Too much technicalities into the thread, but could anyone tell me how much sqft of damping material is needed to damp all 4 doors and the boot of the Swift ?
Old 21st July 2009, 18:22   #640
Senior - BHPian

It all depends what kind out damping you want 1/2/3 stage, In 3 stage you will require approx 15 Sq ft of damping per door so 15 X 4= 60 sq ft. If only the boot lid then 10 sqft will do the job.
Old 22nd July 2009, 12:21   #641
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
How effective is this water based compared to the rubber based and how many litres did you use?
I used 2 cans in the underbody of each car (I think each can was 500ml) becuase using DE, NK etc was not easy to do so here.
Old 22nd July 2009, 14:34   #642
BHPian

Hey guys,
just read through the entire thread [did no work yesterday, was just reading this.]
I was planning to get my car damped, but the pricing involved dampened my spirits. [Hey sam is the usage correct there? ]

Will a progressive damping job be advised?
something like
Phase 1 -> Front Doors
Phase 2 -> Entire Boot
Phase 3 -> Under body Treatment
Phase 4 -> Firewall and Engine Cabinet
Phase 5 -> Rear Doors
Phase 6 -> Roof
?

I plan to get it all done using Dynamat Extreme or any other material with similar effectiveness.
Old 22nd July 2009, 15:37   #643
Senior - BHPian

Of course! First get all the rattles and buzzes taken care of.
Old 22nd July 2009, 15:41   #644
BHPian

Cool, will do...

one more thing, lets say i get a Dynamat Extreme door kit.
will that cover only one or two doors?

Will i need 4 door kits for both front and rear doors?
Old 22nd July 2009, 16:38   #645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprucegoose View Post
one more thing, lets say i get a Dynamat Extreme door kit.
will that cover only one or two doors?
Will i need 4 door kits for both front and rear doors?
There are 2 different door kit from Dynamat one contains 10 Sqft and the other contains 12 Sqft it all depends how you install if 3 stage then 1 kit (12 sqft) each door this way you need 4 door kits. As you said you want to cover whole car then buy 2 bulk packs of 36 Sqft each.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks