Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2010, 15:51   #781
Senior - BHPian

Any dealers in Bangalore where I can get the Dynamat stuff purchased and installed on my car? How much would be required for an SQ environment in a Civic?
Old 23rd November 2010, 11:55   #782
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Any dealers in Bangalore where I can get the Dynamat stuff purchased and installed on my car? How much would be required for an SQ environment in a Civic?
Ok. I am ordering it on SYW. It costs about Rs 8500 including shipping for a 9 sheet bulk pack of Dynamat Xtreme. Hope somebody in Bangalore will be able to fix them.
Old 24th November 2010, 16:33   #783
BHPian

Is anybody from Kerala, who've done the damping in Kerala itself? If yes, please get me the details as I am planning to damp my swift. I asked a few of the accessories shop in and around Kochi and nobody were doing it, and some were even not aware of such a thing called damping

Last edited by bhp_maniac : 24th November 2010 at 16:33. Reason: typo
Old 24th November 2010, 17:33   #784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Ok. I am ordering it on SYW. It costs about Rs 8500 including shipping for a 9 sheet bulk pack of Dynamat Xtreme. Hope somebody in Bangalore will be able to fix them.
In Bangalore Dynamat Extreme is available in Car Shringar on Mission Road. You can call them at 41146667/41146668.
Old 24th November 2010, 22:48   #785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Is anybody from Kerala, who've done the damping in Kerala itself? If yes, please get me the details as I am planning to damp my swift. I asked a few of the accessories shop in and around Kochi and nobody were doing it, and some were even not aware of such a thing called damping
Emperor, (opp to EMC Hospital) Palarivattom, Kochi.
Old 25th November 2010, 10:42   #786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post
Emperor, (opp to EMC Hospital) Palarivattom, Kochi.
Thanks Twiny. Soccerfan also PM'ed me about one shop. I will try out probably this weekend. I see most of the swift rattles are from the door, so decided to give it a try. Thanks a lot again.
Old 25th November 2010, 11:41   #787
Senior - BHPian

Does anybody know where to procure Noisekill from in Delhi?
I PM'ed lbm but he seems to be off team-bhp for a while as I didn't get any response
Old 25th November 2010, 11:43   #788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Twiny. Soccerfan also PM'ed me about one shop. I will try out probably this weekend. I see most of the swift rattles are from the door, so decided to give it a try. Thanks a lot again.

You can get it done from Galaxy ( contact Muneem).

You can also get it done at Parijath Car accessories at Kollam/Trivandrum.
Old 25th November 2010, 14:11   #789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

Thanks jkdas. I did contact Mr. Muneem today. He quoted for around 750-1000 per door for Noise Kill and around 2000 for Dynamat. I was not able to figure out if it's a good deal since all the figures mentioned here are in sq. ft. I am too lazy to find out how much sq. ft needed to damp 5 doors of my Swift. My prime requirement is to get some relief from the door rattles. My ICE set up is just basic and doesn't need much of a damping. So what you guys think I should select, Noise Kill or Dynamat. Money is not much a matter (only if the amount is in 5 figures and starts with a 1 ) if the extra money will get me a decent performance over the cheaper option.
Old 25th November 2010, 17:10   #790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks jkdas. I did contact Mr. Muneem today. He quoted for around 750-1000 per door for Noise Kill and around 2000 for Dynamat. I was not able to figure out if it's a good deal since all the figures mentioned here are in sq. ft. I am too lazy to find out how much sq. ft needed to damp 5 doors of my Swift. My prime requirement is to get some relief from the door rattles. My ICE set up is just basic and doesn't need much of a damping. So what you guys think I should select, Noise Kill or Dynamat. Money is not much a matter (only if the amount is in 5 figures and starts with a 1 ) if the extra money will get me a decent performance over the cheaper option.
Dyna is worth the money of you can afford. You can also ask him to use both if needed.

IIRC, iplay paid around 13k to damp his Swift at Emperor with Dynamat. 1lac Kms on odo and it still dont rattle.
Old 9th December 2010, 16:48   #791
BHPian

Re: The Damping Material and Sound Deadener Thread

Quote:

@ JKDAS
Where can i do decent damping and addition of a 4 channel amp in trivandrum? I m new here. Please help.
Old 25th December 2010, 12:44   #792
Senior - BHPian

Could anybody tell me if we could use normal Thermocol sheets as dampening material?
Old 27th December 2010, 10:00   #793
BHPian

Quote:
IIRC, iplay paid around 13k to damp his Swift at Emperor with Dynamat. 1lac Kms on odo and it still dont rattle.
Wow. That's awesome. I was always doubtful about the long term reliability of damping. Now that we have a good example here, I think I will go for Dynamat. Will update the thread once I've done it.
Old 27th December 2010, 10:47   #794
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Could anybody tell me if we could use normal Thermocol sheets as dampening material?
Thermacol is notheavy enouugh to damp. Yoga mats seem to be a cost effective solution.

Quote:
Wow. That's awesome. I was always doubtful about the long term reliability of damping. Now that we have a good example here, I think I will go for Dynamat. Will update the thread once I've done it.
Is this Dynamat or Dynamat Extreme. I find the later much more effective.
Old 27th December 2010, 10:51   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Is this Dynamat or Dynamat Extreme. I find the later much more effective.
Not sure about that. In fact, now only came to know that there are variants for Dynamat. I will ask for both and seek you guys' suggestions before taking a decision.

Most Viewed