Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2011, 13:35   #841
BHPian

Re: The Damping Material and Sound Deadener Thread

Need information.

Looking for insulation on the luggage space of nano to reduce the noise basically. Vibration is still under control.
Staying in Kandivali, Mumbai. Hence pls suggest a service provider/ Accessories shop on the Western Express Way.

Thanks in advance.
Old 15th August 2011, 08:41   #842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravananj View Post
How is the sound insulation seal strip doing? how does it fare against the d-profile purchased locally? If its good I am also planning to order this.
The local one deformed after few days in our weather. These chinese ones seems better.
contessa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2011, 10:57   #843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by contessa View Post
Sorry was travelling and could not follow up. The stink from Armasound is gone. The overall noise reduction is very significant and makes u feel even more comfortable at higher speed...highly recommended. The low-freq rumble of the engine is greatly reducted after the damping.

For wind noise, I used a D-Profile rubber that i purchased locally. However, it deformed very quickly in the summer heat. I've ordered this...
3.3m D Type Sound Insulation Seal Strip Black for Car | eBay

In the meanwhile, I've sold my octavia - due to the Yeti temptation with the on going promotion.
Can you please tell me where do you get this in SP road? which shop? Is it simple DIY?
Old 30th August 2011, 16:02   #844
BHPian

I am looking for damping material for my Polo. How much would be required to damp the 4 doors? What would be the approx cost for Dynamat, Roadkill, Noisekill?
Old 30th August 2011, 16:07   #845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtomhk View Post
I did the underbody coating using Wurth Stoneguard
How much did it cost you to do this and where did you do it?
Old 31st August 2011, 15:20   #846
BHPian

I'm getting some sounds from somewhere below dashboard. I want this sound to be gone for good. Should i've to use Dynamat or similar product for this rattling sound fixing.

Since i'm in bangalore which workshop should i go to fix above issue for my 4.5 year old 38K old baleno.
Old 31st August 2011, 18:51   #847
Senior - BHPian

What kind of sounds are you getting? It could be a simple loose cable or component. First get your mechanic to bend in under the dash with a torch and shake things around to see if the sound goes away.

You will need to strip the whole dash if you want to apply damping there - not a simple task.
Old 10th September 2011, 13:48   #848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-katz View Post
I am looking for damping material for my Polo. How much would be required to damp the 4 doors? What would be the approx cost for Dynamat, Roadkill, Noisekill?
Me too.. engine sound /noise level while driving inside POLO is real pain.. I want to cover the whole body.. I want it to feel like a premium hatch.. as of now its no better than indica in terms of noise levels inside the car.

Guys, please help suggest the material, the place of getting the job done and the price in and around delhi/ncr.
Old 12th September 2011, 00:19   #849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-katz View Post
How much did it cost you to do this and where did you do it?
I had contacted Wurth on the contact numbers provided in this site and they arranged. Please try to search this thread first. It costed about 2.5K for 2 coats including service charges.
Old 23rd September 2011, 12:47   #850
Senior - BHPian

Guys need your advice on damping material.
I have almost finalized on buying the Punto 90HP, during the TD i noticed that the road noise at high speeds was too intrusive and bothering, also the speakers need to be replaced asap.
I am planning on installing a set of components and amp once i get the car, rear speakers and sub would be in the second stage.
For the damping material is it worth buying Dynamat extreme from US and getting it installed here? Or would it work out cheaper to buy it here ?

This is what i wish to buy:
Amazon.com: Dynamat 10455 Xtreme Bulk Pack 9 Sheets: Automotive

Have any of you tried the hoodliner from dynamat ? Is it worth the money and safe to install? Will it reduce the engine noise coming into the cabin?

Last edited by shashank.nk : 23rd September 2011 at 12:49.
Old 16th October 2011, 11:41   #851
BHPian

Hey guys I need some advice.

I recently damped the boot of my Waggie to get rid of all the buzzes and rattles I hear when I play loud music, and now they're gone!!

However, the rear spoiler still vibrates like hell, much to my frustration. Any ideas on how to get rid of these vibrations??
Old 14th November 2011, 07:40   #852
BHPian

Car manufacturers use some kind of greenish mat to reduce noise from the floor well. Any idea what it is and from where it can be procured ?
Old 14th November 2011, 09:27   #853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
Car manufacturers use some kind of greenish mat to reduce noise from the floor well. Any idea what it is and from where it can be procured ?
From what I know they either use the carpet material which is used for covering speaker enclosures or the other option is to use Felt Fabric. Both are available at local stores.
Old 14th November 2011, 09:56   #854
BHPian

I have also read about people saying that rubber based material only helps vibration and low frequency noise . Then for high frequency road noise, what kind of material would help ? Would these carpets cause noticeable improvement ? Mass loaded vinyl seems to be used for this purpose but in not sure it is available in India.
Old 14th November 2011, 12:39   #855
Senior - BHPian

I have a NHC- ZX for 4 years . I was looking at some damping for the doors just to cut out the road noise. I am not a big ICE enthusiast, so the main purpose of damping is to make cabin noise minimal and hear the current OEM cd player better. What do you suggest and who can do a good job in Bangalore? My budget is upto 5k.

Most Viewed