Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2011, 16:57   #811
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Damping Material and Sound Deadener Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Would fevicol not work on the black glue material that is on the dampening sheets?
Fevicol will definitely not work. Fevicol is best used with wood. Your best choice could be an epoxy glue that is stable (does not soften or loose adhesive qualities) to 60 deg C.
Old 9th May 2011, 17:11   #812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Fevicol will definitely not work. Fevicol is best used with wood. Your best choice could be an epoxy glue that is stable (does not soften or loose adhesive qualities) to 60 deg C.
Navin ji how about when I need to again go for a repair, say after having used expoxy glue I again get a dent. Would it be easy to take it off then?

This dent repair on the front door seems to be a bigger problem than I initially thought :(
Old 9th May 2011, 17:16   #813
Team-BHP Support

[
Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Navin ji how about when I need to again go for a repair, say after having used expoxy glue I again get a dent. Would it be easy to take it off then?(
You are right. Best t drive as safely and pray then. Epoxy glues are very good but they are also very diffcult to remove.
Old 10th May 2011, 11:22   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
[

You are right. Best t drive as safely and pray then. Epoxy glues are very good but they are also very diffcult to remove.
I think the best option is to prevent than to cure.
Think of it this way. If you drive fast, you will reach your destination quickly, which means less time to enjoy the music. So now a days I am more interested in cruising like they do with the 'bling' Cadillac Escalade
But then we cannot prevent others from offering us some free dents/scratches. So pray too!
Old 10th May 2011, 15:47   #815
BHPian

Actually its not just dents, The window switch, the door handles, the central locking motors are all items that need to be repaired. I had to change my door handles twice as the lever broke. Thankfully no problems with the window switch or central locking motors as yet.

Planning to get a lot of damping done with my new setup that is happening soon. I hope i dont have to rip of the damping anytime soon.
Old 10th May 2011, 16:23   #816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
You can get it done from Galaxy ( contact Muneem).

You can also get it done at Parijath Car accessories at Kollam/Trivandrum.
Hi jk, Can you please share the contacts of Parijith car accessories at Kollam or the location of shop? Thanks in advance
Old 11th May 2011, 13:34   #817
BHPian

Ordered Dynamat extreme Bulk Pack 9 sheets for My safari for $125. Pls let me know this will be sufficient for all 5 doors + floor?
Old 11th May 2011, 16:33   #818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyrana View Post
Ordered Dynamat extreme Bulk Pack 9 sheets for My safari for $125. Pls let me know this will be sufficient for all 5 doors + floor?
Is the price inclusive of shipping to India? Or someone is carrying this for you from abroad. Link please..
Old 11th May 2011, 19:40   #819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtomhk View Post
Got a grander Grand Punto again! Dynamat did the trick!
Once I have closed all the doors and rolled up the windows, it is almost like putting on my noise cancelling headphones.
It's taking time to adapt to the 'new car' and sometimes I feel like I'm driving a million dollar Petrol car. But then, the lag while flooring the pedal reminds me about the reality that it's still the DI.
Now my only concern is a 'what-if' about the power windows and door locks. One door lock had failed pre-Dynamat and got it fixed under warranty. Will I get the same treatment from the dealer in my post-Dynamat life as well?
Hi jtomhk, Can you please share where you did the damping and cost?
Old 11th May 2011, 19:55   #820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Hi jtomhk, Can you please share where you did the damping and cost?
Damping job was a DIY. Not much hassles as we think. Take off the doorpads, cut the sheet to the shape of the door and paste it using roller and a hairdryer.

Regarding cost and other details , I had posted just before in another thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2347503
jtomhk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2011, 13:26   #821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
Is the price inclusive of shipping to India? Or someone is carrying this for you from abroad. Link please..
It is inclusive of shipping to US. One of my team member will carry some sheets.
Old 12th May 2011, 19:53   #822
BHPian

The Damping Material and Sound Deadener Thread

Hi Guys

After being idle on this thread for sometime, I am back in action. I had earlier posted a query on Safari door pad damping to reduce vibration caused by ICE. Many of you suggested wonderful solutions and I am glad to inform that I did some good DIY stuff. Thanks to many TBhpians who adviced me in the process.

What I did:
- 2 Layers of FG on all 4 door pads. This really is a messy affair for the first time, but you get used to it once done. Now I think I can FG any panel
- Once the FG layers dried up (took a looong time, since I chose cold days to FG it), I pasted a layer of Yoga Mats. This again is posted on TBhp earlier. This is a fairly easy job.

The results:
- The vibrations have reduced considerably and the ICE sounds much better than before. The sound is more full now.
- External sound has also reduced which is a bonus.

However, the vibrations have not fully gone. Upon careful inspection, I found that most of the vibration is now coming from the speaker pads. As you know the speaker pads are externally attached to the door pad with a push in kind of slots and not screwed in. So these speaker pads are vibrating on the door pad.

I am thinking of pasting a layer of thin sponge on the edges where the speaker pad edges are resting. Idea is that it will create a barrier and vibrations will reduce. But not sure how much it will reduce.

Do you guys have any other ideas? Pls suggest.

Thanks,
Old 11th June 2011, 13:32   #823
BHPian

I'm considering purchasing a Manza. One of the drawbacks in the diesel Manza is the "more than usual" cabin noise filtering in. Do you think it makes sense to damp the car doors and boot? I'm in Delhi. Any good places where I can get this done? Help please.
Old 12th June 2011, 10:28   #824
BHPian

To add to the list of queries : 1) Which is the best damping material for Manza (I know there are several reviews on Dynamat Extreme , Noisekill etc.). Which is better suited for Dry Delhi conditions & cold Delhi condiitions.
Old 13th June 2011, 04:20   #825
BHPian

The Manza diesel does not require damping IMO. Its pretty quite & the only sound filtering in is the engine note when revved & it sounds surprisingly good.
Xehaust is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks