Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2010, 18:15   #751
BHPian

pras, i am also looking to damp my i10. How good was Noisekill that Vijay was using on his fiesta. I would like to damp my front doors, rear and boot. Do you have any idea how much this would cost?
Old 9th October 2010, 18:33   #752
Senior - BHPian

Apart from the 50 pages on this thread,
There is about 6.5 years of data on this forum.

Why don't you guys search and find out how many setups have used Noisekill or Dynamat or Yogamat?
Old 9th October 2010, 23:37   #753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Apart from the 50 pages on this thread,
There is about 6.5 years of data on this forum.

Why don't you guys search and find out how many setups have used Noisekill or Dynamat or Yogamat?
A search did not return desired results.
My question was very precise and car specific.
6.5 years of data did not help me find a solution to my problem, hence I posted the question.
My question is very simple - Lots of guys told me damping the boot of the verna is not going to work out because of the heat in the boot causes the damping material to peel off. Is this the case, and if not, then what would be a good brand to use.
Old 11th October 2010, 01:05   #754
Senior - BHPian

No, the sheet is unlikely to peel off. The adhesive used in the commercially available sheets becomes pliable at around 60 degC - not something that one would encounter in habitable places on earth! One just has to make sure the surface is dust and oil free at install time.

Even synthetic rubber adhesives (like Fevicol SR) that one would use with cc foam sheets and 'yoga mats' would exhibit the same property.
Old 11th October 2010, 11:27   #755
BHPian

I'm looking to buy the dynamat bulk pack (36sq.ft) from the states. Would that be sufficient to damp an entire car, i.e. 4 doors and the boot (hatch / sedan). If not then how much more would be required ?
Old 11th October 2010, 13:42   #756
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
I'm looking to buy the dynamat bulk pack (36sq.ft) from the states. Would that be sufficient to damp an entire car, i.e. 4 doors and the boot (hatch / sedan). If not then how much more would be required ?
If you are not planning any ICE competition, then 36 sq.ft should be more than enough for a Hatch.

Around 22-24 Sq.Ft for both Doors.
Boot lid will take ~ 3-4 Sq.Ft and remaing for Boot Floor.

If its a Sedan, then depending on your usage (SQ/SPL) and the type of Sub, you can decide if you need to damp the entire Boot Floor (Will easily take 18-20 Sq.ft)

Last edited by Mi10 : 11th October 2010 at 13:44.
Old 11th October 2010, 14:17   #757
BHPian

Fellow, Bhpians,

During one of my last visits to Hong Kong, I saw a damping material "PRISM /\". It seems to be English brand selling decent volumes in South East Asia (Especially Bangkok). Btw PRISM also makes components and sub-woofers (have not heard them though).

Any ideas about its availablity in India and/or its effectiveness. Would love inputs since if they are positive I might consisder picking some on one of my next visits.
Old 11th October 2010, 14:31   #758
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samridh View Post
Any ideas about its availablity in India and/or its effectiveness. Would love inputs since if they are positive I might consisder picking some on one of my next visits.
Prism is not an English brand, rather local US kind of stuff.. quality on average as its best. If you dont have luggage constraints, you could pick up the damping sheets, yes.. only if there is SUBSTANTIAL difference in prices.
Old 11th October 2010, 14:52   #759
BHPian

Ya you are right its a US based company. My bad. When you say the quality is just about average, I have two questions:

1. Is it true for all their products i.e. Damping Material as also components/sub-woofers.

2. I hope you are talking from personal experience of PRISM products and not merely by looking at their shoddy website. Just asking
Old 11th October 2010, 15:10   #760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
If you are not planning any ICE competition, then 36 sq.ft should be more than enough for a Hatch.

Around 22-24 Sq.Ft for both Doors.
Boot lid will take ~ 3-4 Sq.Ft and remaing for Boot Floor.
Aiming at a SQ setup, no plans for competitions.
When you say "22-24 Sq.Ft for both Doors", you meant that for 2 / 4 doors ?
Old 11th October 2010, 15:28   #761
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
Aiming at a SQ setup, no plans for competitions.
When you say "22-24 Sq.Ft for both Doors", you meant that for 2 / 4 doors ?
Only for two doors. Just realized that you've got components all over.

So you must be needing atleast 40 sq.ft for all 4 doors (in some cars, rear door may not be the same size of front doors)

Typically for SQ installs in a hatch, you wont need more than 12 sq.ft for the boot.
Old 11th October 2010, 15:37   #762
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samridh View Post

1. Is it true for all their products i.e. Damping Material as also components/sub-woofers.

2. I hope you are talking from personal experience of PRISM products and not merely by looking at their shoddy website. Just asking
1. I'm talking about the damping material only. I've not heard any of their subs/speakers nor I'm aware of their presence in ICE.

2. Yes, as far as damping material is concerend, its my personal observation. They are close to Dead - X, X-treme Dead (mils I dont remember) quality and money wise. Do they have a website?
Old 11th October 2010, 16:18   #763
BHPian

guys, I just called up the wuerth dealer in chennai (Rein Hold Wurth India
). He has quoted me 600 per sheet. Below are the dimensions:

550mm x 250 mm with 2 mm thickness.

The installation is free. The total would come upto 3000 rs for the 4 doors and the boot. Any pointers here? is wuerth really worth the money?
Old 11th October 2010, 17:26   #764
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
guys, I just called up the wuerth dealer in chennai (Rein Hold Wurth India
). He has quoted me 600 per sheet. Below are the dimensions:

The installation is free. The total would come upto 3000 rs for the 4 doors and the boot. Any pointers here? is wuerth really worth the money?
I have already used Wurtz, as a product it is thicker and heavier than Noise kill. A good VFM

But pls dont ask them to apply. They may tell its a free install, but i can tell you that they have no clue on how to apply it.

Better ask for cash discount, you can always use expert hands for the install
Old 11th October 2010, 17:31   #765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
He has quoted me 600 per sheet. Below are the dimensions:

is wuerth really worth the money?
@MutantX
The prices I got : Rs.2200/- for a pack of six sheets ,direct from the delhi sales office!
You have to bargain harder my friend.
The sheets are worth the money @ 2200 but not at the price quoted to you , that's just obscene man.
Which car are you gonna damp?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks