Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2006, 22:11   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
I use a product (that I can't name here). Costs about 400 bucks for a 500ml can. Does a brilliant job.
so why hide tell us so that all can profit from it.....except few who does not wanna try...lol

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 4th August 2006 at 22:12.
Old 5th August 2006, 17:27   #152
Senior - BHPian

what is the product name man u are suggesting.........
Old 5th August 2006, 18:03   #153
NIP
Senior - BHPian

not fair B&T...cmon...whats this product ?!
Old 5th August 2006, 19:28   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP
not fair B&T...cmon...whats this product ?!
Ha ha lol. No big secret guys.

http://www.gunk.com/item_details.asp?itemno=T1617R

Made in the US. Potent Stuff. Does it's job. Can't beat a good damping mat.

Some may argue that it's an undercoat spray not deadener, but the fact is, since it's a dense rubberized mixture, it goes a long way to remove vibration and resonances from metals/ plastics. Hence it's used as a engine/ road noise isolator, in addition to its corrosion prevention properties. So you can't expect it to absorb vibration caused by kilowatts of bass, but handy in tight corners where the sole idea is to take the natural resonance frequency, of the part concerned, higher. That is the idea of damping anyway!
Old 6th August 2006, 21:46   #155
Team-BHP Support

adding mass usually lowers the resonant freq. and increases the ammount of energy stored (just ask B&W and Celestion) but this stuff works anwyay, just not becuase it added mass. It PROBABLY works becuase

a) involves using 2 materials that are well bonded but of same density
b) being just a bit elastic it absorbs resonances of the metal
Old 6th August 2006, 23:00   #156
Senior - BHPian

so navin ji will this rubber based solution will help in damping the door in tight corners where sheets cant go....
Old 7th August 2006, 00:53   #157
Senior - BHPian

KB sir here are a few pics of the same the tweeter is flush mounted into the a-pillar and the mid range is down low near the midbass. and the midbass is in the stock location. this is right now not in a correct position. and will be changing it soon as some suggestions pour in....also the damping of the door has to be done. PHEW a lot of work has still to be done.....but they are sounding great......

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 7th August 2006 at 00:54.
Old 7th August 2006, 01:22   #158
Senior - BHPian

Get the mids up on the door LBM... around midway between the midbass and the tweeter- all in a line.. I read that is much better...

Last edited by kb100 : 7th August 2006 at 01:28.
Old 7th August 2006, 01:42   #159
Senior - BHPian

ya man i wanted to do like that but i have two problem first the wire which i have to pass throught the door is a huge problem i am using AR wire and the gauge is 16 it is thick wire and is not passing through easily . also there is a connector which does not allow the wire to pass in the body throught which all the wire of the door are passing.To make 2 set of wires pass i would have to make a hole in the car body to let the wires pass through....

secondly the midrange is so big that i cannot flush mount it on the door i have to make it fit with the aluminium rings with which i am fit it right now...

also the main place from which i got infulenced (as these are not the final locations) and installed them in these location are....

these pics are from scott buwalda who won the isaca championship with these iridiums.....

http://www.buwaldahybrids.com/Project%20Altima.htm

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 7th August 2006 at 01:48.
Old 7th August 2006, 02:01   #160
Senior - BHPian

Agreed... But see how flush Scotts install is... different and ROOMIER car too... I think careless passengers can play havoc with something that protrudes so much in the footwell of a Swift!!
Old 7th August 2006, 02:05   #161
Senior - BHPian

ya KB but i generally travel alone and that to local trips only no highways for that I have second car. Swift is my daily surfing car....And I do take lot of care when a new person sits in my car.......
Old 7th August 2006, 02:11   #162
Senior - BHPian

then to fir okay... Still try out the other options and see if it sounds better... another spot being up on the A pillar next to your tweets... have seen that too in a lot of installs too... no harm in testing various positions out

Last edited by kb100 : 7th August 2006 at 02:12.
Old 7th August 2006, 10:34   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
then to fir okay... Still try out the other options and see if it sounds better... another spot being up on the A pillar next to your tweets... have seen that too in a lot of installs too... no harm in testing various positions out
I also wanted that but sala midrange ka size is to big. the outside dia is 4.7 inch (120 mm ) it is to big to install on the dash the most practical place is the door where is can half depth flush mount it so that the window mirror does not coincide with the midrange. or there is a second option. to bring down the tweeter down to the midrange and make a kick panel on the each side acomodating the midrange and the tweeter. will try both of them before finalizing as both. and will be requiring the expert comments from the other people on this forum to help me decide........
Old 7th August 2006, 17:22   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
adding mass usually lowers the resonant freq. and increases the ammount of energy stored (just ask B&W and Celestion)
You're right about mass lowering the resonance frequency. What I meant to say was that the added stiffness, and increase in c/s thickness would take it higher, since mass addition would be lower relative to that. Yeah, but that's quite confusing, and debatable. But even to touch, the amount of vibration transmitted to the metal sections is greatly reduced.
Old 7th August 2006, 20:33   #165
BHPian

LBM,

Nice work. With present midrange location it will sound better if you go active (using your H701) and also tilting the midrange will help a lot. Ideally install it in the door if you want to run passive.

Last edited by Autophile : 7th August 2006 at 20:36.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks