Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2006, 21:49   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile
LBM,

Nice work. With present midrange location it will sound better if you go active (using your H701) and also tilting the midrange will help a lot. Ideally install it in the door if you want to run passive.
this was just consider today evening they are doing in the door panel above the midbass here is a pic of the same.....

Old 7th August 2006, 22:02   #167
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
You're right about mass lowering the resonance frequency. What I meant to say was that the added stiffness, and increase in c/s thickness would take it higher, since mass addition would be lower relative to that. Yeah, but that's quite confusing, and debatable. But even to touch, the amount of vibration transmitted to the metal sections is greatly reduced.
B&T I did not debate the reduction of vibrations I just debated why. For me this site is a learning experience and hence I want to know not only why vibrations reduced but also exactly why. I know my knowledge is limited and hence defer to gurus like JB, Sam and you.
Old 7th August 2006, 22:10   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
gurus like JB, Sam and you.
u left out gunbir phaji....

Navin ji plz comment about the location of the mids ..... any inputs will be helpful.....
Old 7th August 2006, 22:20   #169
Team-BHP Support

LBM If I was going to rework the door panel I'd consider installing it near the door handle that would really put it at ear level.

Ok Gunbir and more. there are so many gurus and they make me a Mod. The world is not fair! But I love it!
Old 7th August 2006, 22:26   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LBM If I was going to rework the door panel I'd consider installing it near the door handle that would really put it at ear level.
ya navin Ji i also wanted to put it there but the surface is not plain an lot of work would have to be done so i will try to put them as above as possible....
Old 7th August 2006, 22:54   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know my knowledge is limited
Uh, in my opinion, you're perhaps the only one who knows that or rather, thinks that way.
Old 7th August 2006, 23:41   #172
Team-BHP Support

LBM, you see that "line" where the door lock mould meets the door panel...now make a cavity from that point to the door panel meets the dash. it will angle the mids a bit forwards as well.
Old 7th August 2006, 23:48   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
u left out gunbir phaji....

Navin ji plz comment about the location of the mids ..... any inputs will be helpful.....
Well, I've hope I'm never considered a Guru... somehow that label sounds limiting... I come here to learn as much as I come here to share what little I know. Though one thing is true, I dont believe pretty much anything I read. Most of what I know was learnt the hard way... hands-on experience... So sometimes its hard to convince me otherwise.

While Navinji, JB and B&T can definitely teach me a thing or two about audio, it is Guru Sam to whom, beyond audio, I would turn to... for unlawful carnal knowledge... Now thats the kind of Guru thats truly indespensible...
Old 8th August 2006, 00:00   #174
Senior - BHPian

Gunbir phaji u can also give any comments about the mid postion........if u dont mind sharing ur comments.........
Old 8th August 2006, 00:09   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
Gunbir phaji u can also give any comments about the mid postion........if u dont mind sharing ur comments.........
I agree with Navinji on the door location... I think that would work well. However, if you went active, you could also do well with the kick position, just angle them a bit.
Old 8th August 2006, 00:48   #176
Senior - BHPian

now i am bit confused to which postion navin ji and gunbir phaji are refering so i am posting a pic i think this will clear my doubts....

but this postion is a bit curvey it is not a flat surface also the space between the door opener and the dash is small for the mid to come at that place here some pics to explain the problem

the top most postion....

no space here.....

near the door opener and the dash

the surface is not even....

the final space i have choosen.....

hope these pics will make u understand......and please d post ur comments...
Old 8th August 2006, 09:41   #177
Team-BHP Support

LBM your present position does not seem too bad. TO use the position i was suggesting you would need a new door panel (moulded out of fiberglass and re-decorated with fabric.
Old 8th August 2006, 10:14   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LBM your present position does not seem too bad. TO use the position i was suggesting you would need a new door panel (moulded out of fiberglass and re-decorated with fabric.
Agreed. LBM I think you can do with the position you have chosen. Just ensure that with a passenger, the passenger's knees dont block the midrange. A little bit cant be helped, but see that it is not blocked completely. But since you did mention, most of the time you drive this car alone, it shouldnt be much of an issue.
Old 8th August 2006, 10:43   #179
Senior - BHPian

so in a day or two kata phiti ho jayi gee........
Old 8th August 2006, 12:24   #180
Senior - BHPian

Or if you like carpentry you can make yourself a spacer shaped to fit that gap and you are home free... IN case this is do-able you will be better off angling it up towards you - in other words let the top portion be flush and the gap be at teh bottom... must have confused you!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks