Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2015, 14:15   #151
BHPian

Re: Review: Dynavin N6-VW Headunit (for VW / Skoda cars)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Hey were have you guys installed the USB port? I was planning to install it in the glovebox area so as to have ipod control.
Have routed the USB cable into the glove box for a friend's Jetta (Not for Dynavin though) and my Yeti also. I think it is best to have the USB cable in the glove box so that there are no loose wires visible in the cabin.

Last edited by ajaypjayaraj : 19th March 2015 at 14:20. Reason: Typo
Old 23rd March 2015, 20:53   #152
BHPian

Thanks Ajay for taking the time out to do such a lovely review. I have got mine installed a few days ago and the short review can be found on my car thread. Also two questions:

1. ANy way to make the display brighter? It seems a bit washed out in severe sunlight
2. How do we get updates for maps?

Last edited by mav2000 : 23rd March 2015 at 21:17.
mav2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2015, 01:57   #153
BHPian

Have got my unit back. Alive and kicking again. Only grudge is it took them close to a month. Motherboard had to be replaced.
Regarding map updates, one can do this using naviextras toolbox. However it's not a complete update. Only the core files and base map gets updated and not India maps. So the question still remains. In fact I tried this last October itself but it was not working as the tool wouldn't recognise so card. So I had to raise a ticket to naviextras and they took almost 3 months to solve the issue but again I feel it was future effort as it's just a partial update.
Old 26th March 2015, 11:56   #154
BHPian

Quote:
1. ANy way to make the display brighter? It seems a bit washed out in severe sunlight
In the system settings menu, change Brightness setting from auto to manual and set it to max and that is the max brightness you can get. Logically, even in auto, in bright light conditions, it should already be in max. You can't increase brightness beyond that. You can try manually too anyways.

Quote:
2. How do we get updates for maps?
I haven't used the maps that came with it and never tried to update maps. You can try what abbey4u did.
Old 28th March 2015, 12:05   #155
BHPian

Thanks ajay. I put in the original mic today after cutting and stripping the wires and there seems to be an echo problem on the other end.

Basically the person I am speaking to is complaining that his own voice is echoing. Could this be because of wires not being joined together properly? Or due to it having two mics on?

I have not tried it extensively yet though. The mic of the dynavin unit seems to have very thin guage wires as compared to the original mic.
Old 28th March 2015, 17:13   #156
BHPian

Quote:
I put in the original mic today after cutting and stripping the wires and there seems to be an echo problem on the other end.
I haven't faced this problem. It only got better after installing the OE mic.

Quote:
Basically the person I am speaking to is complaining that his own voice is echoing. Could this be because of wires not being joined together properly? Or due to it having two mics on? I have not tried it extensively yet though.
Two mics on? Which is the second mic you are referring to?

Quote:
The mic of the dynavin unit seems to have very thin guage wires as compared to the original mic.
Yeah the VAG OE wiring harness is of a different league altogether.
Old 11th April 2015, 07:58   #157
BHPian

Just checked Dynavin.in for any firmware updates and there was none. However I wanted to confirm it and checked Dynavin.com and Bingo there is a FW update Dynos 1.1.1 and they just released it yesterday!! Talk about timing!

Here is the link.

Within the above link, you have to go to this dropbox link to download the update file.

Have notified Sugesh also. So the update link must be available in Dynavin.in also soon.

They haven't put up the list of things changed/rectified in this update as yet. So it is up to you guys to check and share it here. Unfortunately I cannot do it now to check it myself as I am not home. So I will wait for the update from you all. Thanks.
Old 11th April 2015, 08:43   #158
BHPian

Thanks Ajay, I guess I will wait for the list of changes before updating. Also got around to ordering some sound deadened material yesterday and installing it. Everyone I speak to complains that they hear a lot of traffic noise. So opened up the mic are and put in some sound deadening sheet. Funnily that area has nothing between the plastic and the metal of the car.

Also on the mics, I think there is an inbuilt mic in the unit. At the bottom.
Old 11th April 2015, 09:03   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Ajay, I guess I will wait for the list of changes before updating.
I would have checked out the changes myself by updating the FW if I was home, but I am not. Lets see if someone does it and updates us. Have messaged Sugesh also to check it out. We'll hear soon from someone about the changes. Just a matter of time.

Quote:
Also got around to ordering some sound deadened material yesterday and installing it. Everyone I speak to complains that they hear a lot of traffic noise. So opened up the mic are and put in some sound deadening sheet. Funnily that area has nothing between the plastic and the metal of the car.
True, strangely that area has bare metal. It is a good idea to have some damping material there.

Quote:
Also on the mics, I think there is an inbuilt mic in the unit. At the bottom.
Okay, you were talking about the inbuilt mic. Yeah, it does have one.
Old 11th April 2015, 10:43   #160
BHPian

I just installed the latest version but doesn't seem to find any difference. Will check later again
abbey4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2015, 10:54   #161
BHPian

ANyone updated to the latest firmware? Any major changes?

Have been waiting for a map update from naviextras. But as of now there does not seem to be anything.
Old 6th May 2015, 12:35   #162
BHPian

I have installed the latest update. I somehow was not able to find any difference. Regarding naviextras map update. You could do that through desktop.
Old 8th May 2015, 11:58   #163
BHPian

I had a good experience with the product so far on my 2012 Laura TSI and would highly recommend it but not much with the buying experience - Sugesh sold me the Unit 2 months ago, with a confirmation that the dash trim would be sent in the next few days. After multiple calls (to be fair he said that his kit got delayed due to customs, etc, etc) and wasting enough time for both of us what I have got is a gray colored trim without the panel for the Aircon controls which renders it unusable.

Now, I decided to look for something myself but I have been struggling to find the Silver Mesh design Dash-trim that came with all Laura TSIs - the ones available locally online within India are all available either in gray or silver. The only place where I could find it is on SuperSkoka at http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTA...te-MESH-design

Now shipping it internationally is a challenge - how has been people's experiences with superskoda seeing that they can only send via Airmail?
Old 8th May 2015, 12:06   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeshb View Post
Now, I decided to look for something myself but I have been struggling to find the Silver Mesh design Dash-trim that came with all Laura TSIs - the ones available locally online within India are all available either in gray or silver. The only place where I could find it is on SuperSkoka at http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTA...te-MESH-design

Now shipping it internationally is a challenge - how has been people's experiences with superskoda seeing that they can only send via Airmail?
The trim usually does not attract fines and customs duties. In my case it didn't. I ordered from Skoda parts UK IIRC, and it arrived without any delay or customs duties. You can order from Superskoda and it should reach you without hassle. You can never be sure about our customs, but still, I think this one can get through without trouble.
Old 8th May 2015, 12:17   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
The trim usually does not attract fines and customs duties. In my case it didn't. I ordered from Skoda parts UK IIRC, and it arrived without any delay or customs duties. You can order from Superskoda and it should reach you without hassle. You can never be sure about our customs, but still, I think this one can get through without trouble.
Thanks. How much time did it take from shipping to when you received the shipment?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks