Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2016, 13:40   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: ICE upgrade for the Toyota Innova Crysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Apologies for multiple posts. Mods, please merge if possible.

Is there even a 6.25" specification for speakers? I am only seeing 6.5" on JBL or Sony or Infinity

Also, will a 6"x9" oval fit on a 6.5" enclosure?

Saw these: JBL GTO629 & CX 697SI. Will these fit? Any opinion on MS-12SD4 subwoofers?
You can fit a 6.5" speaker in its place using MDF/Plastic spacers. 6.25" seems to be an odd size since most OE speakers are 5.25", ieven if it were 5.25" it wouldn't be a problem.

You can't fit 6x9" speaker in its place.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 15:00   #17
BHPian

Would it make sense to get the head unit from Toyota itself, and just go for a change of speakers from outside?

I am not aware which unit they provide and not keen on same either, but FIL is inclined to get have everything done within the premises before we pick up the car. Unless the difference in price/quality is substantial, I don't want to push him.

Really want to know how it's not a good decision so I can use the points to convince him
Old 20th June 2016, 15:36   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Is there even a 6.25" specification for speakers? I am only seeing 6.5" on JBL or Sony or Infinity
6.25 is really odd. I believe there is 6.5 and 6.75. 6.25 might even be a typo.

Maybe we can get the sizes in "mm" to countercheck this.

That said you can use a wooden spacer/adapter to fit a 6.5" speaker on a 6.25" hole but the installation wont look stock. Similarly I have seen 6x9s installed in 6.5" holes using similar adapters.

Last edited by navin : 20th June 2016 at 15:38.
Old 21st June 2016, 20:39   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
6.25 is really odd. I believe there is 6.5 and 6.75. 6.25 might even be a typo. ...
Not a typo probably. There is a lack of standardization among manufacturers for size v/s standard location of measurement. One has to look at the drawing in the spec sheet, since whoever designs the mounting location on the inner panel / door pad refers to the spec sheet of the driver they take as reference. 6.25" / 6.5" / 6.75" all seem to have the same hole circle dia, so one has to wonder which dimension it represents - cone dia, outer dia of surround, frame dia ...? Could never find a consistent pattern.

OTOH, one is not sure of what was measured for the quoted '6.25in.' - could well be standard 6.5" drivers like it is / was on the old Innova.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 01:44   #20
BHPian

Hi i'm too looking for a headunit for my Innova Crysta GX AT and I'm being told the Pioneer AVIC-F80BT is a good option as I want inbuilt navigation and bluetooth functionality inbuilt in the head unit. A few shops I inquired with say the AVIC-F80BT hangs often and they recommend the older variant AVIC-F70BT. Any reviews on the AVIC-F80BT?
Old 1st July 2016, 21:17   #21
BHPian

I am getting my Crysta GX next week and I am looking for a decent HU and speaker for her.

Currently I am thinking on AVIC F80BT or AVIC F70BT and Infinity refrence components.

I have following doubts

1. Is navigation worth spending approx 25-30K more?
2. Does Crysta GX have dedicated tweeter location or we have to cut panels to fit it?
3. Which navigation HU is fastest of all? As posted in earlier posts most of them are very slow.
Old 1st July 2016, 22:19   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunaldhami View Post
I have following doubts

I personally feel "No". Google maps on the phone is real time & current. A Navigation from the HU is from stored data. So, I dont think the additional expense is justified.

Quote:
2. Does Crysta GX have dedicated tweeter location or we have to cut panels to fit it?

AFAIK, the Vx & Zx have a tweeter holes on the door pillar. The GX specifically does not have it. I think if you buy the Vx plastic pillar covers & stick the tweeters behind them, you should be fine.
Old 4th July 2016, 18:50   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libre sito View Post
Hi i'm too looking for a headunit for my Innova Crysta GX AT and I'm being told the Pioneer AVIC-F80BT is a good option as I want inbuilt navigation and bluetooth functionality inbuilt in the head unit. A few shops I inquired with say the AVIC-F80BT hangs often and they recommend the older variant AVIC-F70BT. Any reviews on the AVIC-F80BT?
I do not believe the interface will be laggy, i do have 8690BT without the navigation, the interface is fast hooked up with a 500GB hard disk, which wav flac and videos.

Also try using ARunchained android app it mirrors the entire mobile on the screen and you can use the touch screen to control your entire mobile.
You could use google maps or here maps, negates the need of using a Head unit with navigation.
santhosharulvan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 22:03   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosharulvan View Post
I do not believe the interface will be laggy, i do have 8690BT without the navigation, the interface is fast hooked up with a 500GB hard disk, which wav flac and videos.

Also try using ARunchained android app it mirrors the entire mobile on the screen and you can use the touch screen to control your entire mobile.
You could use google maps or here maps, negates the need of using a Head unit with navigation.
How much did you pay for the 8690 ?
Old 6th July 2016, 14:10   #25
BHPian

Quote:
I am getting my Crysta GX next week and I am looking for a decent HU and speaker for her.

Currently I am thinking on AVIC F80BT or AVIC F70BT and Infinity refrence components.

I have following doubts

3. Which navigation HU is fastest of all? As posted in earlier posts most of them are very slow.
The Pioneer AVIC-F80BT comes not just with navigation onboard, but more importantly, it supports both Android Auto and Apple Carplay. These are two very important capabilities, that handle phone functions (calls, music) and navigation (Google maps) on Android Auto on the go. Unfortunately, Apple maps is not available in India on Apple Carplay. The premium commanded, although steep is well justified.
aditya79india is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 14:29   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya79india View Post
The Pioneer AVIC-F80BT comes not just with navigation onboard, but more importantly, it supports both Android Auto and Apple Carplay. These are two very important capabilities, that handle phone functions (calls, music) and navigation (Google maps) on Android Auto on the go. Unfortunately, Apple maps is not available in India on Apple Carplay. The premium commanded, although steep is well justified.
Finally took the plunge and bought AVIC-F80BT. Currently its being installed.
Front initial impression, It seems good HU.
kunaldhami is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 17:36   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Finally took the plunge and bought AVIC-F80BT. Currently its being installed.
Front initial impression, It seems good HU.
Can you please share some pics and a small review,pls.
Old 8th July 2016, 10:25   #28
BHPian

Here are the couple of photos I took from my phone.

I have not changed speaker as of now. Toyota stock speakers are OK, nothing great but not bad either.
Attached Thumbnails
ICE upgrade for the Toyota Innova Crysta-1467953540588.jpg  

ICE upgrade for the Toyota Innova Crysta-1467953575146.jpg  

ICE upgrade for the Toyota Innova Crysta-1467953600559.jpg  

kunaldhami is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2016, 22:59   #29
BHPian

Quote:

I have not changed speaker as of now. Toyota stock speakers are OK, nothing great but not bad either.
Congratulations. If you have the surrounding garnish painted to Piano Black colour, it would dramatically improve the looks. Do consider an upgrade to your speakers too with an amp, even if without subwoofer.
aditya79india is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2016, 19:35   #30
BHPian

Quote:

Congrats on your purchase.

Any inputs on the performance of the head unit, in terms of the navigation experience, voice recognition and sound quality etc.

Also how much did it cost, mentioning the location where it was purchased.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks