Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2019, 22:23   #31
BHPian

Re: The Android Head-Unit buying guide

Any recommendations for Nexon XM? I want the existing reversing sensors to work and the HU should just need power and connectivity to existing connectors
Old 12th November 2019, 12:36   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahadav View Post
There is a brand called Joying. They don't seem to be popular in Indian Market. Based on my research, they are one of the few innovative companies in this field.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadGlide View Post
I am considering to get an android HU as well for our Ertiga (2014 model). I would like to know some details on which model and specs I should be looking at.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gharika View Post
Any recommendations for Nexon XM? I want the existing reversing sensors to work and the HU should just need power and connectivity to existing connectors
I have been looking at the Dasaita models on AliExpress, they seem to have excellent reviews there and on Youtube, and even make custom dash trims for international cars like the Civic, Polo etc. Does anyone have any experience with using them?

Looking to install this in a 2016 Scoripio S10. A 10.2 inch screen with Android Auto and Apple Carplay would be excellent, space shouldn't be an issue as it has a floating display design where it slightly protrudes from the dash - so the existing trim should work OK. I believe the Scorpio and most other Indian cars (Maruti Suzuki etc) use ISO connectors, so this should be quite straightforward plug and play.

Opinions welcome on this. Thanks.
s4ch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2019, 14:21   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
I have been looking at the Dasaita models
Looks very impressive specifications wise and 4GB/64GB would ensure the screen navigation is really fluid.

However, the following are the issues I see:
1. Shipment may get held at Customs and you may need to shell out 40% more as tax.
2. Support/Warranty possibly would be difficult since it is cross border.

I am yet to see local re-sellers offer 4GB/64GB models, I guess these should make their way to local market in next couple of months.
vsrivatsa is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 11:26   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

I am looking for recommendations here for an HU. Something within 10k, because I don't know where the Tucson will be next year, or WHAT it will be :(

Is this understanding correct, that Android Auto HU is native android, and mirror-link only shows what's on the screen on the phone? Most of the android units I checked on amazon had 1gb ram, which seems ridiculously low.

Please recommend something that can manage maps and music (streaming) primarily. Either of the two techs works.

Last edited by navin : 20th December 2019 at 11:35. Reason: several typos
Old 19th January 2020, 15:37   #35
BHPian

Please be aware of some spurious vendors selling Android Head Units claiming 2GB RAM which they will show from the Android Settings screen. But they have only 1GB RAM and some software patching has been done to show them as 2GB in Android Settings.

Recently encountered one such unit in a taxi cab of a driver I know and installing and checking the Antutu benchmark app revealed the fraud.
Yieldway17 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 14:04   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharika View Post
Any recommendations for Nexon XM?
I found this on Aliexpress. Looks good for ~7.5K.
Old 2nd March 2020, 20:19   #37
BHPian

Head unit upgrade - pair with Android 10 phones

Hi,

I have a 2012 Ertiga and went around researching for a head unit upgrade. The primary requirement was for screen mirroring from my phone to the unit with minimal expense as I don't know how long I will keep the car (which means a non-Android Auto device)

Interestingly, I did an upgrade with a Chinese unit (with Mirror Link), but only to find out during testing that my phone wouldn't work (thru the USB debugging route). Although, the other colleague's and the dealer's phones would work well..

Then I tested the same on a Blaupunkt device with PhoneLink, but the same issue persisted.

I concluded that it's due to having Android 10 on my phone vs others who's phones were on Android 9.

So, has anyone also encountered something similar? Is there any workaround or any specific devices which will work on Android 10? I am looking at anything less than Rs. 12k (lesser the better). Also guidance/ recommendation of any dealer (in Bangalore) also will be much appreciated.

In case I am repeating the post, I apologise in advance as I did a lot of research but couldn't find anything on this.

Thank you all in advance!!

Rgds,

Vikram
Old 2nd March 2020, 21:35   #38
BANNED

Re: Head unit upgrade - pair with Android 10 phones

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramv4u View Post
I have a 2012 Ertiga and went around researching for a head unit upgrade. The primary requirement was for screen mirroring from my phone to the unit
Have you looked at Android HU's from FoxFire?

Check the link.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 22:14   #39
BHPian

Re: Head unit upgrade - pair with Android 10 phones

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Have you looked at Android HU's from FoxFire?

Check the link.
Thanks.. this seems to have the features - do you have any idea of the price? I read another post where the quote (for a Honda City installation) was around 19k

Thank you

Vikram
Old 3rd March 2020, 14:26   #40
BHPian

I'm considering installing a Woodman Unit on my Mahindra Marazzo M2. What concerns me is if my warranty will get voided if they cut a wire while installing. The customer support says the unit comes with coupler to coupler fitment. Can someone explain what is this fitment? Where will the unit get it's power from?
Link: https://hiwoodman.com/product/woodma...-e87f80bb-fb65
Thank you in advance.
Old 16th March 2020, 19:27   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joscyriac View Post
I'm considering installing a Woodman Unit on my Mahindra Marazzo M2. What concerns me is if my warranty will get voided if they cut a wire while installing. The customer support says the unit comes with coupler to coupler fitment. Can someone explain what is this fitment?
No wires are cut. Coupler to coupler means they use the standard coupler which comes with the car and is a direct fit in the head unit. I have installed it in my TUV300 and it works fine including the steering controls.
gr8guzzler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 07:38   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
No wires are cut. Coupler to coupler means they use the standard coupler which comes with the car and is a direct fit in the head unit. I have installed it in my TUV300 and it works fine including the steering controls.
Thank you for your reply. . I think I'll go for it now.
Old 20th April 2020, 21:19   #43
BHPian

Another method of fleecing gullible customers of Android HU - patching the Android Version.

Many bhpians have mentioned about this in different Android HU related threads. I am trying to elaborate it further.

Many Chinese sellers use this technique. They list their product as kitted with Android 9 and price it at a premium above an unit with similar hardware but running on Android 8. On placing the order for a unit with the latest OS version, the seller will ship the one running Android 8 only.

Few customers may notice this and check with the seller before confirming that the shipment is received and may resort to raising a dispute.

The seller then gives BS saying that it was shipped by oversight and can be easily resolved by doing a DIY upgrade (refer video) to the latest Android version by using the update files which he provides.

But, on using CPU-Z, it can be easily made out that the Android Version has had no changes. Refer the below images taken from the HU from the settings and via CPU-Z app.

The Android Head-Unit buying guide-20200202_154314_hdr2.jpg

The Android Head-Unit buying guide-20200202_1542122.jpg

Now, Aliexpress provides the option to raise a dispute and may give options to close the deal which may include a partial refund or full refund by sending back the consignment. Sellers also may try to reach out to you and settle it outside the Aliexpress dispute/buyer protection mechanism However, that is not the crux of this post.

Wanted potential buyers to be aware of this rampant practice online and not to fall for the latest Android version baits used by these sellers. Please do check reviews exhaustively to watch out if any buyer has experienced this. Always prefer a seller who has sold the most number of units (of that model), which possibly increases the reviews posted.

Cheers.
five46 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 09:56   #44
BHPian

Any recommendation for Ford Aspire 2016? Some of the models were known for their poor audio quality compared to the stock system.
Old 8th June 2020, 16:17   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
Any recommendation for Ford Aspire 2016? Some of the models were known for their poor audio quality compared to the stock system.
Check with Hypersonic/Foxfire folks. I think ordering from AliExpress/China in the current situation maybe painful. You can check my video review of the Foxfire Unit here > (Foxfire 10.1" 4G LTE Android Head-Unit upgrade in my Honda City)
vsrivatsa is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks