Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2021, 01:05   #91
BHPian

Re: The Android Head-Unit buying guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganapathy View Post
I was just wondering ( could be stupidly ) if it is possible to add the CANBUS adaptor from some other manufacturer at this stage and retrieve those facilities in my foxfire Head unit.

Wonder if anyone has tried something similar before
Yes, it is possible. Just that you need to get an update for the decoder box software in your car settings application from your vendor, which is somewhat difficult as no vendor is concerned about it
Old 11th July 2021, 18:08   #92

Dear Sirs,

1.I had a query regarding the selection of a Android HU supporting Apple Car Play and Android Auto for my 2009 Swift Desire as I plan to use the car for another 1.5-2 years before changing it.

2. Will request the guidance as to how to go about the selection and installation of the same. I am also planning the change the OEM speakers as well. Sony and Pioneer happen to have a fairly large selection of the same. Any information about reliable installers in Delhi is also welcome.

Regards,
Old 3rd August 2021, 12:26   #93
KPR
BANNED

We have an after market android head unit installed in our Alto. The external mic plugged into the android system isn't working well. The other person isn't able to hear me loud enough when I speak through car Bluetooth. Is there a work around in car android settings for the same? I came to know after purchase that the mic is an issue with most after market android units.

The Android Head-Unit buying guide-android-system.jpg

Last edited by KPR : 3rd August 2021 at 12:30.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 12:47   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amritpal2489 View Post
Yes, it is possible. Just that you need to get an update for the decoder box software in your car settings application from your vendor, which is somewhat difficult as no vendor is concerned about it
Does any one in the forum with a TUV 300 have a Fox fire head set. The vendor is just stalling and not replying properly to my request for a canbus for which I am willing to pay any additional charge, I just want the original voice commands and other car information to be displayed on the infotainment screen . Would appreciate any advice as to how to sort out this problem.
Old 3rd August 2021, 14:11   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganapathy View Post
Does any one in the forum with a TUV 300 have a Fox fire head set. The vendor is just stalling and not replying properly to my request for a canbus for which I am willing to pay any additional charge, I just want the original voice commands and other car information to be displayed on the infotainment screen . Would appreciate any advice as to how to sort out this problem.
If he is stalling that most probably means the canbus adapter/box is not available for your model.
Old 15th August 2021, 07:00   #96
BHPian

Friends, I have New Ertiga 2019 Zxi which does not come with Touchscreen HU. The Head Unit sits outside projected (see the image (Maruti Ertiga : Official Review)). Looking to upgrade to a Touchscreen System primarily to install a rear camera and connect to the HU. For me other features are not mandatory (android, applecarplay etc). Simple bluetooth connection to play music and take calls is good. Please suggest what is the best model to go for. I am concerned about which one will fit perfectly for Ertiga existing HU slot.
Old 15th August 2021, 07:45   #97
BHPian

Here is my video on my DIY installation of a Android Headunit on my Maruti Suzuki Celerio. Its a Seicane Headunit I imported from Aliexpress for a total of Rs 4500. 1 GB RAM and 16 GB Storage. Not mobile like snappy but great for the price. After 3 years, it is still doing ok.

I also installed steering mounted audio and telephony controls, a DIY install.

Last edited by dr_TJ : 15th August 2021 at 07:46. Reason: Typo
dr_TJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 13:27   #98
BHPian

hello,
i'm looking for an Android headunit for my 2019 Tata Hexa XMA, it is an upgraded version with the bigger touchscreen. so far i've used the current touchscreen with wired android auto without any issue. but now i need to switch over to an Android unit since my XMA does not come with a Reverse Camera.
now i have used the reverse camera on mirror but since the screen is too small it barely makes the cut.

now i have considered Woodman and other Chinese units. and even Blaupunkt but i don't quite like the way the unit sits and bulges out from the frame.

any other suggestions ?
Old 11th September 2021, 01:59   #99
BHPian

I am planning to upgrade my unit from stock to Android one on my City 2014.
I have gone through multiple options and now I am very much confused between Woodman and Foxfire and other similar brands.

My primary requirements is to have a good screen which I can use to watch YT, maps, spotify, etc. I dont need 4G connectivity as I am planning to use a dongle.

I have a reverse camera which is working fine but I am Ok to replace it to work with the new system.
My budget is around 20k and I dont want to spend more as of now.

What you guys think and recommend ?
Old 16th September 2021, 12:44   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh159 View Post
I am planning to upgrade my unit from stock to Android one on my City 2014.
I have gone through multiple options and now I am very much confused between Woodman and Foxfire and other similar brands.

My primary requirements is to have a good screen which I can use to watch YT, maps, spotify, etc. I dont need 4G connectivity as I am planning to use a dongle.

I have a reverse camera which is working fine but I am Ok to replace it to work with the new system.
My budget is around 20k and I dont want to spend more as of now.

What you guys think and recommend ?
Update:
Have now seen a Uno Minda unit which has gorilla glass and seems better than other brands.
So adding that into option as well.
Old 16th September 2021, 13:24   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh159 View Post
Update:
Have now seen a Uno Minda unit which has gorilla glass and seems better than other brands.
So adding that into option as well.
Did you see it online or in person? Any pics or specs would help.

I don't really want to go the Chinese Android route especially since some of them cost close to 20k when we have Sony, Pioneer etc (with less screen real estate and features) near the same price band.

Is this actually manufactured by Uno Minda?
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 14:27   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Did you see it online or in person? Any pics or specs would help.

I don't really want to go the Chinese Android route especially since some of them cost close to 20k when we have Sony, Pioneer etc (with less screen real estate and features) near the same price band.

Is this actually manufactured by Uno Minda?
Seen it in person. I tried to search it online but it was rarely available, mostly its routed only through offline store.
I will get more details in a day or two as I am planning to visit the store again.
saurabh159 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 21:39   #103
BHPian

Has anyone fit an Android HU in Safari XE? Any leads?
Old 21st September 2021, 18:28   #104
BHPian

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to get my stock system on my Honda City 2012 model (3rd generation) upgraded to a reliable system with Android Auto in Hyderabad.

Unfortunately, the accessories team at the Honda authorized service center is quoting between 35,000 to 38,000 for the Blaupunkt New York model (also available on Flipkart) to be fitted.
I refuse to get get ripped off so badly, especially when the official site quotes Rs. 20,890 (with a free reversing camera) and Flipkart quotes Rs. 18,691. I understand the need for accessories, couplers, labor charges, etc. but, the charges quoted are a steep premium over the cost of the unit they proposed.

I would be happy with a simple system that would support Google Maps and the popular online music streaming apps. I wouldn't mind connecting my phone to the head unit through a cable.

I would not prefer any sort of splicing of wires and would prefer a connector to connector fit for the head unit. I would like the unit to work with the steering mounted controls.

I would appreciate any leads to trustworthy places in Hyderabad where I can get my head unit upgraded, and any recommendations of head units to consider.

Thanks in advance, everyone!

Last edited by FlashMustang : 21st September 2021 at 18:33.
Old 23rd September 2021, 13:14   #105
BHPian

Hi guys,
I'm planning to put an Android stereo for my WagonR Lxi 2007 model. Presently have a regular 1DIN stereo and want to replace it. Below are the requirements i'm looking into.

1. Android stereo should support Android Auto,
2. Reverse camera needs to be there in Kit,
3. Need Audio controls on steering.
4. 2GB RAM and preferably 16/32GB ROM
5. Quad core processor.
6. Reliable for long term.
6. Budget within 12K.

Kindly suggest me good options.

Thanks,
Ramki

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com