Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2007, 13:36   #106
Senior - BHPian

I don't see any reason for fighting or disagreeing.

This is montyguru's opinion and the fact that he is very satisfied with the OE systems in these cars and considers 10-12k a very large spend to upgrade the mid-high section. I don't see anything wrong with that. There are so many people who are content and feel that they have the best system in the world with a Bass Warrior cd player running a pair of Dhoom 6x9s in the back of their car. It is a matter of your perception of what good sound is, your benchmarks for the same, and your estimation of value for money. I would say, more power to you montyguru, you will have a very happy wife.

What I do disagree with is the conviction with which you put forth your views. For instance, statements like these:

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyguru
i agree here with you. however, in certain cars, the OE is good and there is not a huge difference you'd get by upgrading. mind you, you are spending the entire amount of the purchase for an upgrade... it's not like you don't have a system, and are buying a new one.
Your certain cars includes the Innova etc. You say there is not a huge difference. This is applicable to you. Hence, a more appropriate phrase would be I do not find a huge difference. If not, this can hugely confuse newbies.

Quote:
it's not like you don't have a system, and are buying a new one.
Like saying, you do not have a stock filter that you are buying a performance filter, or OE rims that you are buying alloys. There must be many such examples, I am not aware of all such stock replacements that are performed but there are people who do it and it would not justify me saying there is no huge difference just because those things make no sense in the context of my beautiful Sierra and LPG Wagon R .

Quote:
no. i meant unless you want to put an amp, it's not worthwhile changing the OEs of these cars to entry level comps/coax. you will get a better sound quality by simply adding the base thingy and damping the doors. later on, if you intend to upgrade, then do so with an amp.
How can this be? If the speakers sound so beautiful, shouldn't you amp them rather than getting aftermarket speakers and amping them, everything else being equal and based on your pro-OEM argument?.. after a 25k security system, of course.

Last edited by Bass&Trouble : 15th December 2007 at 13:41.
Old 15th December 2007, 14:46   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Busa, are you still confused?
Not anymore, i called a Toyota Innova for test drive, i think 3rd time Checked the sound, it was really crap. I asked him which speakers and HU, he told me that they(Toyota) have a tie up with Pioneer. My Swift(has 4 JBL GTOs Compos) sounds 100 times better infront of stock Innova. So i am pretty sure the stock HU and stock speakers have to go.
Old 15th December 2007, 15:35   #108
Senior - BHPian

Hi Busa,

Let me explain my experience. My employee (he is my friend too for over 12 years.) told me several times swap my piooneer mp3 unit/speakers present in my Swift with innova before I sell Swift. but I didn't listen.

I am not great person to understand high-fy music although I have tons of songs/movies with me (cassettes/cd/vcd/dvd etc.. lakhs worth) because I love decent music and movies also my family inlcuding my 3 years old girl.

Innova's stock speakers/mp3/cassette player no where come even close to my 5 years old piooneer (the one with dolphin screen saver) mp3 unit and speakers. However Innova has not bad sound system compared to stock audio offered in few other cars.

Since I don't have budget I am still using the same stock audio in Innova with all smiles.

My friend who baught my Swift is so happy with its music system although its 4 years old when he baught it from me and its being used in my Omni -> Santro -> Swift and he knows that.

So I suggest based on your budget you plan your ICE.

Based on my research for decent music, Pioneer player with pioneer component speakers are best ones in long run and JBL comes close to it as well.

For the person who need the best music and has good budget he would buy amplifier, sub woofer etc.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 15th December 2007, 16:18   #109
BANNED

Busa, first change the speakers to some very good components. Then change the HU. Later on, add a 4channel amp and then a Sub. You'll have a very decent setup.
Old 15th December 2007, 16:49   #110
Senior - BHPian

Ok i have decided, i am going to get a New HU, mostly 2din Kenwood, 4 Illusion ELectra EL 6.1 Compos and damping. Later amp and sub and mono amp. But first Petes box
Old 15th December 2007, 16:56   #111
BANNED

Beautiful decision. Don't get confused more.

Pete's box first!
Old 15th December 2007, 17:01   #112
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, i think Illusions are fantastic speakers. Ill be adding the box by 5000kms after 2nd service mostly. Will change the HU immediately.

Soundstage on the 3rd is not great, is it advisable to put another set of speakers. *Just inquisitive*

@ Zak - You have not updated your DDIS gallery with the new paint job?
Old 15th December 2007, 17:10   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Soundstage on the 3rd is not great, is it advisable to put another set of speakers. *Just inquisitive*
You wont be able to run a 3rd pair of speakers on any head unit. You could do it after you get amplification for the first two. Run the third pair off the rear output of the head unit.
Old 15th December 2007, 17:15   #114
Senior - BHPian

Thanks B&T. I can add Coax or Compos and run them off the HU in the 3rd row. The first two rows to be run by a 4 channel amp.

I can also add a sub and two 4 channel amps and run one 4 channel for the 4 speakers and out of the other 4 channel, 2 for the sub and 2 for the last row?

Cost effective option, for now. Add 2 speakers at the rear, run the front 4 from the HU and add a 2 channel amp. I want great soundstage at the rears.
Old 15th December 2007, 18:17   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ok i have decided, i am going to get a New HU, mostly 2din Kenwood, 4 Illusion ELectra EL 6.1 Compos and damping. Later amp and sub and mono amp. But first Petes box
*The Yeti picks Busa up and flings him out of the ICE section's window*
First Pete's box??!! How DARE you!!! Don't bring this stupid engine talk here! Wash your mouth with soap!
Old 15th December 2007, 18:23   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
*The Yeti picks Busa up and flings him out of the ICE section's window*
First Pete's box??!! How DARE you!!! Don't bring this stupid engine talk here! Wash your mouth with soap!

Sorry Sam, i forget to add, Green Filter before damping hehe.

Last edited by BUSA : 15th December 2007 at 18:26.
Old 15th December 2007, 18:50   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Sorry Sam, i forget to add, Green Filter before damping hehe.
I'll hold him while you bash him, Sam.
Old 15th December 2007, 22:51   #118
BHPian

hi!

well, there are so many replies that the window can't accommodate them all. - so pardon no quotes.

a. sam, i'm not fr the car audio industry per se. i'm an enthusiast who's been reading more and doing less. i'd like to catch up with you in bbay one of these days if its possible (21-24th?).

b. zak - my profession in on my profile. i'd have appreciated if you had taken the extra effort to go there, but not doing our homework is common here. i'm a writer. i write those long boring ads that no one reads. (sometimes, they happen to be read i guess, else i wouldn't be in business)

c. B&T - of all the people, i didn't expect you to fall for the 25k security system on an 800. :-)

regards opinions, they are indeed each one's owns. whether for paper cone drivers, kenwood HUs being crap, installs, etc. etc. i guess that's pretty much a given.

d. sam, i love the passion ppl share here. and hence my conviction for the same. i think the debate steered in the wrong direction. but it's been interesting nonetheless. i stand to what i said. i may have been misunderstood. hope points e and f clear it. ain't it better spending on this http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...s_id/1253.html or equivalent to upgrade?

e. if i had only 12k to spend on an innova V for ICE, i would add a base box and damp the doors. i would not spend that money in changing the HU and getting entry level speakers. i would rather add more character to music with base - which i think does a far better job than merely changing the mids. and i would hold the same argument for civic, accord. in fact, minus the damping - i'd spend around only 8k.

f. if you compare the above OE innova V with a base box to an innova V which has an aftermarket HU and entry speakers for which someone spent 12k with no intentions or money to add an amp and a woofer... which would sound better?

delhi-ncr: PM for a demo. would appreciate if someone volunteers with an innova V with "only entry level speakers and aftermarket HU". (i can't take all of you'll on a long drive so that you can observe the difference of the tyre roar and noise reduction inside a damped innova with OE and an undamped one with entry level speakers, but something's better than nothing).

g. LBM, tu nariyal kaise fod raha hai? speaker ke saamne rakhke dB se, ya traditional style mein?

h. Busa - great decision. there's nothing like having listened to setups and making up your mind. it's like having dated or romanced your wife before marrying her. you may not get the perfect wife... or setup but you'd have the satisfaction of knowing she's not perfect before hand. and if you accept those imperfections as her true nature, you probably have a chance of becoming a perfect husband. there's someone here who knows this secret. the rest live in illusions of having a perfect wife someday :-).

(but this again is my own opinion, obviously, isn't it? for you see, the perfect husband may truly not find any imperfection in his wife... and this is why the scientific theory, which we ignore)

i. so busa, is it love at first sight? how many speakers did you audition before deciding on illusions? did you check the infinity comps, the deici series, the dB series, the S series? how loyal are you going to be to your illusions unless you've seen them in the light of reality? will this illusion wear off the moment you see an innova with infinity or be there forever? i'm not making any judgement. i'm only asking questions. you have to answer them. (i mean answer them to yourselves, you don't have to literally answer them or reply on the forum)

j. considering the possibility of representing the brand, if I* were to install them, I* would ensure that you aren't dissatisfied with them later on. more like a long term equity - a fan following, not a mere sale switched to a particular brand for profit, where satisfaction is short lived.

*I here represents friends partners and t-bhpians i cannot disclose.

(now let's not take this debate into marriages and perfect wives for the heck of it. as is, the world is too complicated to handle pepsi and coke. millions are being spent on its research, strategy, advertising while ppl have no suitable water to drink)

p.s. - and busa, you ain't getting married. you are just buying speakers for your car!!! you like them, go for them. get bored of them, change them. have more money... upgrade. u think a 2 din is worth 3-4k extra for looks, voila... you'll probably marry a beautiful girl as your wife!! thanks for the sms. i kinda started getting worried at my communication skills.
Old 15th December 2007, 23:20   #119
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Navin Ji there are total of 95 episodes If you interested that can be arranged on DVD.
where? You lovely crazy sikh where? I was ask Sam to organise transport of it to mumbai.

Last edited by navin : 15th December 2007 at 23:27.
Old 15th December 2007, 23:30   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
how many speakers did you audition before deciding on illusions? did you check the infinity comps, the deici series, the dB series, the S series? how loyal are you going to be to your illusions unless you've seen them in the light of reality? will this illusion wear off the moment you see an innova with infinity or be there forever?
Well Monty Sir, i auditioned Illusion Electra EL 6.1, JBL GTO 607c, Infinity Kappa, DLS B3, Ground Zero Titanium and out of all i liked the Illusions the best. I think everybody has different tastes in sound. Some swear by Infinities wheras others are happy with Sony. In the price i am getting Illusions, i think they are totally bang for the buck.

Quote:
thanks for the sms. i kinda started getting worried at my communication skills.
Your most welcome

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks