Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2008, 22:14   #61
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Thank you Navinji. Could you suggest me some models in Balupunkt 6 inch comps to audition? I had inadvertently left Blau out of my list. I remember having read one of yours/Sam's post mentioning that its also a good speakers and very much VFM
I am not too fond of Blau's GT series but their THc/THx series is better. Still hear both, your tastes might differ.
Old 20th February 2008, 13:58   #62
BHPian

Quote:
I will be auditioning some more brands over the weekend. Till now, I have only heard Kickers and Illusion. Need to listen to JBL GTO 607 and Blaupunkt (Th or GTX series?) before I am able to make a comprison
Also do try to audition the Hertz DSK165 if you can - I recently heard them in a Swift running off a Pio 5050/6050 (dont remember exact model number), sounded pretty balanced and smooth to me.

It would benefit all here if you could eventually post a comparative review of the various brands/models auditioned by you.
Old 20th February 2008, 14:19   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Bong View Post
Also do try to audition the Hertz DSK165 if you can - I recently heard them in a Swift running off a Pio 5050/6050 (dont remember exact model number), sounded pretty balanced and smooth to me.
Strange ??? When ever I have heard the Dieci and Energy Seires they all were bright. Have you checked that the HU was running flat or the highs were set a bit low ??
Old 20th February 2008, 14:28   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Strange ??? When ever I have heard the Dieci and Energy Seires they all were bright. Have you checked that the HU was running flat or the highs were set a bit low ??
The Dieci are far from bright. With the earlier (5/6/7xxx from last couple of years) series of Pioneer they tend to sound more upfront than they actually are. On Alpine they sound absolutely wonderful. I have heard them in a couple of cars with the current Pioneers and Alpines and they sound very nice to me.

I think you need another listening session.
Old 20th February 2008, 14:37   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
I think you need another listening session.

Maybe. I would sure love to do that.
Old 20th February 2008, 23:03   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Have you checked that the HU was running flat or the highs were set a bit low ??
HU settings were at "flat" - forgot to mention that this was checked...

Last edited by Flying Bong : 20th February 2008 at 23:04.
Old 20th February 2008, 23:14   #67
Senior - BHPian

I think we need to see into LBM's perspective here.
In our recent discussion,he called the Altec Lansing MX5021 bright which by NO means I would.
So, bright for LBM is good for me
Old 20th February 2008, 23:27   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
I think we need to see into LBM's perspective here.
In our recent discussion,he called the Altec Lansing MX5021 bright which by NO means I would.
So, bright for LBM is good for me
Hmm..The 5021 when played flat is not at all bright it is bright only when the treble is turned full. Also the midrange of the 5021 are a little forward which make the sound a little on the higher side. But overall the 5021 has a very good sound from down 35 hz to 20k....
Old 21st February 2008, 16:20   #69
Senior - BHPian

Mods - found this old thread. Might make sense to merge it with this one?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...-speakers.html
Old 21st February 2008, 16:56   #70
Senior - BHPian

Brightness of speakers?

Quote:
When ever I have heard the Dieci and Energy Seires they all were bright.
I am a bit curious to know what exactly do members mean when they say the speakers/sound is 'bright'?

I understand their might be a scientific way of testing the brightness (or for that matter, the colored-ness) of speakers, but how do you determine it by listening?

Too loud? Too much bass? Too much treble?

Like FB mentioned, smoothness and balanced sound is still pretty much a universal description of sound (IMO). But what I basically want to know is whether everyone is on the same page while declaring one particular brand of speakers bright vis-a-vis another?

(Sorry Mr LBM for quoting you here, but yours was the most recent post so I had to quote to bring out my point)
Old 21st February 2008, 20:00   #71
BHPian

Quote:
I am a bit curious to know what exactly do members mean when they say the speakers/sound is 'bright'?
Bass & Trouble has described this rather lucidly in another thread IMHO:

Quote:
.....what exactly would be a bright tweeter.......
Is it -
a. A tweeter that is natural sounding yet audibly far louder than the midwoofer, hence mismatched sensitivity wrt the midwoofer
OR
b. A tweeter that is harsh or peaky in certain frequencies, causing colored sound and hence a very unnatural high frequency response.

For (b), there is no remedy unless you change the tweeter to a better one, and then make crossover modifications or something to ensure that it mates well with the midwoofer. This is more common with poor component systems.
(a) can be caused by the tweeter being closer to the listening position than the midwoofer, something that can be solved by using tweeter attenuation. This is a more likely occurence due to installation limitations.
Old 22nd February 2008, 09:34   #72

well jbl has becomea mass product... personally i dont like the speaker.. u can get much better speaker at the same price.. think of boston s60 its better than gto 607c.. if u have buget then polk or RF is a better option.. but u need to hve a really good amp to support it.. the new gt5 a604 is good enough but not great.. cs 60.4 was better.. .. ... infinty component s are good... but then a individual choice.
there is nothing best so long as it sounds good to ur ear

Note from Mod - Hi, vicjain. Please type your posts using proper punctuation (instead of ....), and avoid the use of SMS language as per Team-BHP rules. Please do take a look at the rules in the Announcements section.

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd February 2008 at 10:17. Reason: Please see the mod note in your post.
Old 22nd February 2008, 13:28   #73

Blaupunkt Amp GTA 250 (400 watts) for my new Hyundai Getz

Hi,

I am butting in here, but I require help from the audio gyanis. I have bought a new Hyundai Getz a couple of days back after using my Maruti 800 for 3 years. I have Blaupunkt Amp GTA 250 (400 watts) in my previous car with Pioneer Speakers & Pioneer 800 watt sub.

I have some questions as below
1) What would the best pair of component & pair of 6*9 speakers be for my new car where I will be shifting my Blau Amp.
2) Can I get good quality base without shifting my pioneer sub to my new car from the 4 speakers alone.
3) In my earlier car my battery used to drain out after playing the CD continuously for 1 hr + with my car engine off (we used to drive to remote locations for partying & blast the music there while having drinks), how do I ensure the same does not happen in my new car.

thanks
cheers
nilesh
Old 22nd February 2008, 15:26   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngonsalves View Post
I have Blaupunkt Amp GTA 250 (400 watts) in my previous car with Pioneer Speakers & Pioneer 800 watt sub.
1) What would the best pair of component & pair of 6*9 speakers be for my new car where I will be shifting my Blau Amp.
2) Can I get good quality base without shifting my pioneer sub to my new car from the 4 speakers alone.
3) In my earlier car my battery used to drain out after playing the CD continuously for 1 hr + with my car engine off (we used to drive to remote locations for partying & blast the music there while having drinks), how do I ensure the same does not happen in my new car.
1. There are quite a few good pairs of speakers. Some of which would cost you 2-3 installments of your EMI (if you have one). :-) do fix a budget even if the ICE Gurus believe it is their calling to ensure that you dont stick to it. If you are upgrading from Pioneer then listen to Hertz, Illusion, JBL/Infinity, Blaupunkt (not GT series), etc..

2. The bass a good sub provides cannot be replicated by most coax (6" or 6x9") speakers.

3. You battery is not designed to be used this way. Buy a pair of Jumper cables to start your car with another car. BTW driving under the influence of alchohol is not advisable and is against the law (and a damn good law if you ask me).
Old 22nd February 2008, 15:27   #75
Senior - BHPian

Hi @n(tony)gonsalves,

1. There is no "best" (you should have figured out from the different threads by now) - why don't you audition some JBL, Illusion, Blaupunkt, Hertz ... and then decide?
2. No
3. Carry "jumper cables" and ask someone to "jump start" your car, or carry a spare charged battery. There is no other alternative. (Wonder why you continued the same practice after it happened to you the first time)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks