Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2008, 15:31   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
... driving under the influence of alchohol is not advisable and is against the law (and a damn good law if you ask me).
Costs you 5K if caught, apart from the nuisance that your vehicle will be impounded. More if you happen to drive on the pavement or into a lamp-post or tree.
Old 22nd February 2008, 15:32   #77
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Costs you 5K if caught, apart from the nuisance that your vehicle will be impounded.
I thought it was a mandatory jail term.
Old 22nd February 2008, 15:56   #78
BHPian

I've got Focal Access 165A 6.5" Component Speaker paid 21k for my set they sound amazing you should check these out, these are rated the best...
Old 22nd February 2008, 16:41   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I thought it was a mandatory jail term.
Overnight only, unless there has been "culpable homicide NAM"! Longer than that and they would have more problems than if the culprit was left on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchist View Post
I've got Focal Access 165A 6.5" Component Speaker paid 21k for my set they sound amazing you should check these out, these are rated the best...
Where did you get them from? Have you compared them with others like Hertz High-energy, Illusion Lucent/Carbon, Infinity Kappa etc. which are in the same price / performance band? Your objective review would be much appreciated.
Old 22nd February 2008, 16:53   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Where did you get them from? Have you compared them with others like Hertz High-energy, Illusion Lucent/Carbon, Infinity Kappa etc. which are in the same price / performance band? Your objective review would be much appreciated.
21K for Access is a bit pricey considering they retail for around $300. Nevertheless, a nice product and sounds good if paired with the right equipment.

Enjoy!
Old 25th February 2008, 13:40   #81

Best component speaker

Hi Bro,

I stay in a village in interios of Vasai (a distant suburb of mumbai) in my duplex house in a village away from the concrete near vasai railway satation. We have 3 virgin beaches close by & a couple of small hills where we chill out, (we r the law in vasai hehe)

Anyways bro, which are the best speakers which i can use with my exisitng sub & will it have any effect on the battery when the car is running (draining weak etc) & which will be a good HU budget no constraint

cheers nilesh

Quote:
1. There are quite a few good pairs of speakers. Some of which would cost you 2-3 installments of your EMI (if you have one). :-) do fix a budget even if the ICE Gurus believe it is their calling to ensure that you dont stick to it. If you are upgrading from Pioneer then listen to Hertz, Illusion, JBL/Infinity, Blaupunkt (not GT series), etc..

2. The bass a good sub provides cannot be replicated by most coax (6" or 6x9") speakers.

3. You battery is not designed to be used this way. Buy a pair of Jumper cables to start your car with another car. BTW driving under the influence of alchohol is not advisable and is against the law (and a damn good law if you ask me).
Old 25th February 2008, 13:43   #82

Best component speaker

Bro,

Vasai mein woh takleef nahi hai.cheers:

Quote:
Costs you 5K if caught, apart from the nuisance that your vehicle will be impounded. More if you happen to drive on the pavement or into a lamp-post or tree.
Old 26th February 2008, 13:53   #83

Component speaker system

Hi,

I had been to the Blau dealer yest at Bandra who has suggested that I can use my old Blau 250 GTA AMP with blau gtc 662 & blau thx 693 speakers without my pioneer amp being shifted to my new getz & i will get good enough bass.

any feedback on the same
cheers
nilesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngonsalves View Post
Bro,

Vasai mein woh takleef nahi hai.cheers:
Old 26th February 2008, 14:41   #84
Senior - BHPian

^^^

2 channel amp to drive 2 pairs of dissimilar speakers?
Old 26th February 2008, 15:36   #85
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Anyways bro, which are the best speakers which i can use with my exisitng sub & will it have any effect on the battery when the car is running (draining weak etc) & which will be a good HU budget no constraint
The effect on the battery depends on (a) how loud you play / how many watts you use (b) how long you play and (c) the condition of the battery.

In any case we do NOT recommend using any ICE system that includes amplifiers when the car's engine is not running.

BTW what is the model of your existing sub. What would you consider to be a fair budget. There are people here youhave spent 5000 and others who have spent only 500,000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
2 channel amp to drive 2 pairs of dissimilar speakers?
Quote:
I had been to the Blau dealer yest at Bandra who has suggested that I can use my old Blau 250 GTA AMP with blau gtc 662 & blau thx 693 speakers
few amps can handle a 2 ohm load.
Old 26th February 2008, 16:08   #86
BANNED

Does running components without any amps cause damage to the HU in the long run ?
Old 26th February 2008, 16:20   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Does running components without any amps cause damage to the HU in the long run ?
Just a refinement on the above query - Does running components without any amps when the engine is not running cause damage to the HU in the long run? Or any other damage (like Navinji mentioned, battery drainage?)
Old 26th February 2008, 17:46   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All current generation Class AB amps can handle 2 ohm loads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi
Does running components without any amps when the engine is not running cause damage to the HU in the long run? Or any other damage (like Navinji mentioned, battery drainage?)
No damage to HU. Battery health will depend upon how often/ how long you play the system without the engine running.
Old 28th February 2008, 11:42   #89

Best Componet Speaker

Hi,

I have deciced to do in for Blau THX 693 6"9 280 W speakers for my rear & use my existing blau amp GTA 250 without a woofer in my hyundai getz.

Pls. suggest the below
which alpine HU (range below 12k) will pair the best for the above.
which comp (range below 7 k) will give best sound & bass effect.
pls. suggest if the Blau THX 693 6"9 280 W speakers are good or i can look at other alternatives (range below 7-8 k)
thanks

Quote:
The effect on the battery depends on (a) how loud you play / how many watts you use (b) how long you play and (c) the condition of the battery.

In any case we do NOT recommend using any ICE system that includes amplifiers when the car's engine is not running.

BTW what is the model of your existing sub. What would you consider to be a fair budget. There are people here youhave spent 5000 and others who have spent only 500,000.

Old 29th February 2008, 19:57   #90

Best Component Speaker

Hi Bro,

Pls. advice on below.

cheers
nilesh

Quote:
Hi,

I have deciced to do in for Blau THX 693 6"9 280 W speakers for my rear & use my existing blau amp GTA 250 without a woofer in my hyundai getz.

Pls. suggest the below
which alpine HU (range below 12k) will pair the best for the above.
which comp (range below 7 k) will give best sound & bass effect.
pls. suggest if the Blau THX 693 6"9 280 W speakers are good or i can look at other alternatives (range below 7-8 k)
thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks