Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2009, 00:35   #841
Senior - BHPian

i hope its the one you are guessing. Let the GASing game begin. ;-)
Old 27th May 2009, 01:14   #842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
wow abhinav! that was FAST. i just dropped you ;-)
anyways, thank you so much for the kind words.. I officially know what's coming in your car, and BOY am i jealous. It's just a matter of time before the Laalpari turns into an SQ monster from the present SQL Mobile!
Cheers!
Right word spoken there by Abhinav, the midbass is to die for
It's all the hardwork and patience that has paid off well. Truly worth everything put in there Frank.

So what's coming in that SQ monster Frank are we missing something..
Old 27th May 2009, 01:18   #843
Senior - BHPian

thank you so much abhishek.
yes, there is a big change coming up, but this time the monster itself will go. the new car is not too far, and I am still making my mind as to what it is going to be.
As for the audio upgrades, they are going to become mighty rare now, as college begins for me in less than a week.
But, then again, I want to enjoy my music now. Enough of critical listening! Now to sit back and munch those miles, listening to sweet music!
Old 27th May 2009, 10:25   #844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
so i had a long audition of the setup. One word. Mind blowing. It's like being in a different world altogether. The vocals are just the way they should be. The highs are just right. Neither too warm, neither too bright. The mid bass is simply mind blowing. It's like having a good 10 inch sub in the door. The time alignment is so perfect that many would not be able to locate the presence of a sub no matter how good the person's ears might be .the enclosure is really big. The tweeter position is perfect IMO.
The tuning is really amazing.
@Frank: now auditioning your car will be the #1 To-Do when I am in Mumbai next!
Old 27th May 2009, 10:51   #845
BHPian

Quote:
thank you so much abhishek.
yes, there is a big change coming up, but this time the monster itself will go. the new car is not too far, and I am still making my mind as to what it is going to be.
As for the audio upgrades, they are going to become mighty rare now, as college begins for me in less than a week.
But, then again, I want to enjoy my music now. Enough of critical listening! Now to sit back and munch those miles, listening to sweet music!
Cool I guess that means we'll meet soon

So new car woes huh, I'll call later we'll discuss. But my sincere question would be did you buy the ICE for the car, or the car for the ICE?
Anyway seems to me that whichever car you buy has a basic requirement of being ICE friendly
Old 27th May 2009, 12:16   #846
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenh0rn View Post
@Frank: now auditioning your car will be the #1 To-Do when I am in Mumbai next!

please do so. all are always welcome! get your own CDs though. that will allow you to critically compare the music you have been listening to, over years. i always find it difficult to play my own music when someone is auditioning. i really don't know what they would like!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
Cool I guess that means we'll meet soon

So new car woes huh, I'll call later we'll discuss. But my sincere question would be did you buy the ICE for the car, or the car for the ICE?
Anyway seems to me that whichever car you buy has a basic requirement of being ICE friendly

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ow-9-lacs.html

i guess, i opened it already! that answers the question about the car for the ice or the ice for the car. i first bought a lot of ICE for the car, and now I shall buy a car for all the ICE.

As for meeting, yeah, I am joining in the 1st week of June, but I doubt I'll be driving to Nerul daily. But you can audition it when I'm in town also. Just drop in a call!
Old 27th May 2009, 21:19   #847
BHPian

Hey congrats Frank. Great equipment. You have really come a long way to fulfill your ICE needs.

Cheers!
Old 28th May 2009, 08:29   #848
BHPian

Had the opportunity of auditioning Frank's setup few days back. It has really come out very well.Good choice of equipment and perfect installation.

Congrats man ! You have a great setup
Old 29th May 2009, 01:21   #849
Senior - BHPian

Ah so finally Frank all done with the upgrades ? Congrats. Looks nice. Enjoy!
Old 2nd June 2009, 15:35   #850
BHPian

Today is the 6th day since Frank has posted in this thread. Looks like he has abandoned the thread.

Frank, You dont have the right to remain silent!
Old 2nd June 2009, 21:38   #851
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
Hey congrats Frank. Great equipment. You have really come a long way to fulfill your ICE needs.

Cheers!
thanks. honestly, if i were to actually sit and read all the pages of this thread, starting from the 1st page (and the mini 'Ask the Gurus' thread I opened in the beginning of October,) I would be totally surprised. Quite a long and expensive journey, it's been!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey View Post
Had the opportunity of auditioning Frank's setup few days back. It has really come out very well.Good choice of equipment and perfect installation.

Congrats man ! You have a great setup
hmmm. i know how it feels to audition a setup with Steg and Carbons and then something with Horns, AND THEN listening to a setup like mine. Hence I pretty much fathom how it must've sounded to you
Thanks for the kind words though!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Ah so finally Frank all done with the upgrades ? Congrats. Looks nice. Enjoy!
As they always say, YES, i am done with upgrades. But then again, something else might come up soon. and so on.... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
Today is the 6th day since Frank has posted in this thread. Looks like he has abandoned the thread.

Frank, You dont have the right to remain silent!
thanks shreyas. naah, i haven't abandoned this thread at all! no updates to be posted.
well, yes, tomorrow I might take some photos of the head unit. Night and day shots. Will give me an excuse to listen to music for more time
Old 3rd June 2009, 12:46   #852
BANNED

Waiting for an extended review frank...
Old 18th June 2009, 12:11   #853
BHPian

Frank.. just wanted to know about the FM radio reception of the Eclipse 7200.. how is it..
Old 18th June 2009, 12:17   #854
Senior - BHPian

Hi jinu. It's great. Even though i used it like 2-3 times, all frequencies are available.. And the reception is just fine
Old 19th June 2009, 00:43   #855
BHPian

Quote:

well, yes, tomorrow I might take some photos of the head unit. Night and day shots. Will give me an excuse to listen to music for more time
Kya Hua Tera Vaada,

don't break heart doctor saab
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks