Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2009, 01:31   #826
Senior - BHPian

i don't think that the luccents are really great. Will be able to judge more in 2-3 days.
Old 24th May 2009, 02:36   #827
Senior - BHPian

hi akbaree! glad to see you read almost 60 pages. lol. even i havent got around to reading my thread all at one time!!!

Quote:
I am sure you must have paid attention to the Non Fader settings for phasing your Sub. As listed in the snapshot below (taken from my CD7100 manual), it has a Phase setting that can be selected for better sound integration with the front stage. I don't really understand this setting. Should we chose reverse when the subs are reverse mounted as in your case. Please tell me how much that phase setting really helped.
Attachment 139263
phase setting of the sub is in order to accommodate for incorrect wiring of the sub, hence causing them to play out of phase. the 2 contacts of the sub(+ve and -ve... where the wire from the amp connects to them) are the place where the wiring can go wrong. the phase setting is to correct that. if the bass sounds disjointed and out of sync with the entire setup, or you feel it's missing a beat, or playing a tad later than the entire setup, you must REVERSE the setting. it's about how you perceive it. if you feel it's playing fine, there is no need to reverse the phase.
also, it's not connected to reverse mounting of subs. reverse mounting of subs does not affect phase, or sound quality in any which way. it's done in many cases for bling value, and here too, it's done for bling value and convenience.

Quote:
I would have also liked you to share your experience with subs played in stereo mode but alas you are running both your subs with a single mono.
this is something that has been debated. the bass in the recording has to be recorded in stereo mode to experience stereo bass with 2 subs. i, for myself don't understand this myself. but yea, my subs are of of course in mono mode, and they play perfectly fine!
Quote:
Last but not the least, please share your experience on integrating your steering remote with the Eclipse.
it was seamless man. just made the remote 'learn' the functions from the eclipse remote. all in a matter of a few seconds. works perfectly fine with my head unit.
it will work with ANY head unit as long as the head unit comes with a remote from which the universal remote can learn!
Quote:

And if you find a way to display Idv3 tags when searching mp3 files (with the USB) using the rotary mode.
no. that's never going to happen. unless you sit and manually edit the id3 tags on the computer for them to appear fine on the screen.. lol.

by the way, did you find a list button to list out the tracks on a cd/usb???

Quote:
IMHO your HU is adding some good extent to the authority with which the lows, mids and highs are being played.
you are absolutely true, but it is also the integration of the fronts and the subs (probably, since they are from the same family. i think that's helping here!)

Quote:
P.S.: I am trying hard to resist from making this statement, but when are you upgrading the front stage?
don't think it's happening anytime soon. i think you must listen to them to believe their honesty. i love them. they have been one of the reasons why I have bumped up the other equipment around them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
i don't think that the luccents are really great. Will be able to judge more in 2-3 days.
come fast!!!! waiting man. what's the final date?
Old 24th May 2009, 11:35   #828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
phase setting of the sub is in order to accommodate for incorrect wiring of the sub,
I thought so, thanks for clarifying.

Quote:
this is something that has been debated. the bass in the recording has to be recorded in stereo mode to experience stereo bass with 2 subs. i, for myself don't understand this myself. but yea, my subs are of of course in mono mode, and they play perfectly fine!
I also have just a mono and sub and couldn't experiment with this. Though I doubt if any special recording is required to experiment.

Quote:
it was seamless man. just made the remote 'learn' the functions from the eclipse remote. all in a matter of a few seconds. works perfectly fine with my head unit.
it will work with ANY head unit as long as the head unit comes with a remote from which the universal remote can learn!
Thanks so much.

Quote:
no. that's never going to happen. unless you sit and manually edit the id3 tags on the computer for them to appear fine on the screen.. lol.

by the way, did you find a list button to list out the tracks on a cd/usb???
I agree that the id3 tags have to be organized manually. The HU displays id3 information while playing, but while searching, it only displays the shortened file name. It's painful.

I generally use the quick search. It is as good as list function. You can either do a folder or file search. Select file or folder, then press mode button (on the left hand side) and then use the volume knob for the go thru the entire list of folders/files. I found it quite useful. You can use it while playing audio CD as well.
Name:  Eclipse RS.bmp
Views: 537
Size:  859.6 KB

Quote:
don't think it's happening anytime soon. i think you must listen to them to believe their honesty. i love them. they have been one of the reasons why I have bumped up the other equipment around them.
I agree once you are in love with the honesty factor in the speakers, it is hard to beat. I am putting up with my Polk Momos just for their sheer honesty and authority. I once got an opporutnity to hear Image Dynamics XS with JL amp and CD7200 MK2. Although the speakers were much warmer, but lacked honesty to my untrained ear.

I would have loved to audition your, bhagwan's and some other setups in Mumbai. But I am in Bengaluru. Next time I go to Ahmedabad, I will plan to meet up some of you ICE aficionados in Mumbai.
Old 24th May 2009, 12:13   #829
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbaree View Post
P.S.: I am trying hard to resist from making this statement, but when are you upgrading the front stage?
I know you cannot resist this statement. I also intend to upgrade my front stage, but not going to happen soon.

Frank, thanks for comparing eclipse 7200 with alpine 9887.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 24th May 2009 at 12:17.
Old 24th May 2009, 19:16   #830
Senior - BHPian

i don't intend to upgrade any speakers in my setup. i love them, and my entire system has been built around them.

as for the 9887 v/s 7200 review,I just posted initial reports. i am quite sure there will be more good stuff to say after the DLS amplifer and the new sub have broken in completely
Old 25th May 2009, 12:53   #831
BHPian

@frank:

Congrats on your ICE upgrade! It looks good and sounds great too, I'm sure...

Hope to get an audition if I'm in Mumbai in the near future.
Old 25th May 2009, 15:43   #832
Senior - BHPian

thanks bong ;-)
love the system..
OT: just saw your Cedia ICE thread: Any changes????
Old 26th May 2009, 20:18   #833
Senior - BHPian

Oh By The way, i don't know whether you noticed.
There is a peculiar issue with the Eclipse.
If you press the back key while the song is playing and no menu is open, the 1st song of the MP3 Disc/USB is played. ( Doesn't happen with the CD though)

Be Careful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Oops sorry. I don't know how come i wrote this.

It should have been i think that the luccents are really great.

Pardon the don't over there.

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th May 2009 at 13:46. Reason: Merged on request.
Old 26th May 2009, 20:24   #834
Senior - BHPian

there are a lot of quirks in the Eclipse, and what you mentioned is just one of them. It does it's job thoroughly well, though, of delivering super sound quality. i am very very happy with its performance.

EDIT: in another 2 hours you will be able to judge for yourself. reaching your hotel by 945.

Last edited by frankmehta : 26th May 2009 at 20:25.
Old 26th May 2009, 20:26   #835
Senior - BHPian

Exactly.
Its a matter of time.
You'll be used to the crappy display and the small niggles with it.
But the Sound Quality just makes you want to spend all your time in the car.

Audition today. Yipee.
Old 27th May 2009, 00:07   #836
Senior - BHPian

another really outstanding feature of the Eclipse is that it's cd mechanism feels very very sturdy. inserting the cd gives one a very assuring feel.
Another thing i noticed: Mumbai is suffering from PATHETIC roads nowadays. Driving over these bumps at reasonable speeds would make the Alpine skip and hiccup. But the same bumps do not invoke any such reactions from the Eclipse. That's SOLID.
I have been enjoying the Eclipse since the last 2-3 days and can stress on one thing, and that is it's ability to bring out the best in your music. Spot-on imaging, sweet highs and perfectly detailed vocals create a beautiful atmosphere around you.
I'm in love......... Again!
Old 27th May 2009, 00:21   #837
Senior - BHPian

so i had a long audition of the setup. One word. Mind blowing. It's like being in a different world altogether. The vocals are just the way they should be. The highs are just right. Neither too warm, neither too bright. The mid bass is simply mind blowing. It's like having a good 10 inch sub in the door. The time alignment is so perfect that many would not be able to locate the presence of a sub no matter how good the person's ears might be .the enclosure is really big. The tweeter position is perfect IMO.
The tuning is really amazing. .
Great job b&t. The amps. They look really hot. The finish on the dls makes it just so tempting. The universal control is very good. Excellent install ajay bhai. Excellent setup frank. I'm jealous.
Old 27th May 2009, 00:23   #838
Senior - BHPian

wow abhinav! that was FAST. i just dropped you ;-)
anyways, thank you so much for the kind words.. I officially know what's coming in your car, and BOY am i jealous. It's just a matter of time before the Laalpari turns into an SQ monster from the present SQL Mobile!
Cheers!
Old 27th May 2009, 00:28   #839
Senior - BHPian

only the sub part is what no one knows. Not even me. Though i think it's going to be one of the two i was telling you. Oh and ya. thanks for the treat. :-) really tasty food. ;-)
Old 27th May 2009, 00:32   #840
Senior - BHPian

anytime! i have a feeling what the sub-stage is going to be, finally.
anyways, shhh.. Lets's allow everyone to GAS.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks