Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2009, 12:46   #796
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anish9000 View Post
So hopefully we are getting another ICE thread soon.
you never know how soon that can happen :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
@ frank for that lovely setup, you are more than welcome to come and install it on my Linea. and take her out whenever you want...lol. In any case true don't go in for the emotion/blue and me, I'm still wondering why I went in for it? Now am so frustrated about getting it ICEd and wondering if it's worth spending any money, knowing that the stock HU is not great and adding a LOC won't do much to improve SQ, etc, etc...Let's not go OT

Enjoy it and keep us posted. Wish I could listen to that set up.
yes, the linea is on top of my list right now. right now its right up there in my wish list, along with the yet to be launched i20 crdi and the getz crdi. these 3 are the only cars i think are good for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Congrats, Frank! So the install is done, huh? Thanks for uploading the pics so fast. You still owe us the pics with the box in.

These subs are perfect for an inverted install! They don't take up too much space outside the box, and the magnet-in-front design and the overall of the frame makes sure everything is totally safe. No fear of luggage in the boot any more!

We seem to be having a lot of inverted sub installs on TBHP nowadays.

Enjoy!
thank you anupji. i came up with the idea of mounting the subs in an inverted manner since there was no perfect grille for them (we have had a discussion about plexi on this thread before)
The result is so awesome! the subs look beutiful mounted inverted. i will post photos of the same in the evening today.
the magnet in front design meant I would have to be careful about the stuff in the boot flying around. also the cone was susceptible to tear, considering i have objects in the boot. this is the perfect manner to mount these, and as you said, there is no change in sound quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir View Post
just amzing.. i just can't wait to fly to mumbai & listen to your setup !!

But why woofer placed upside down? Saw the same in LBM"S swift with his hydrogen ..

Should i also go for same type of woofer install?
jaldi aao!? and yes, you should also get the same kind of woofer install with the sub inverted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Frankie boy, congrats!! Absolutely super setup. I hope you actually listen to this one
Enjoy it, and we're looking forward to more pics and a detailed review soon.
I'm especially eager to see how the subs went in finally.
thanks man. i have always heard my equipment. just that it's got bigger and better in every possible way in the last few months. i'm loving it!
more pics in the evening. you see, i neglected my girlfriend for the whole of yesterday. if i neglect her again today with the excuse of taking pictures, my ONLY girlfriend will run away :-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameenmaj View Post
Install happened so quickly.....
I can sit here and imagine Doc smiling in the car.
Waiting for the rest of the pics and the review.
Do post the updated damages please.
thank you so much. will not be posting the prices this time. actually for personal reasons. hope you understand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Nice.Nice.Nice. That's a really nice setup you have there. A BIG congrats to you Frank for the system. I must say, you do have one of the best combination of equipments to make music sound better. Cheers and enjoy the music.
thank you so much. appreciate it!
Old 22nd May 2009, 12:58   #797
Senior - BHPian

Hey frank congrats,on the setup,Ohh La La on the 7200MK2 looks amazing..the LM12 sure looks good upside down Audition Time so when are we meeting bro,time has come to refresh the ICE meet thread,anytime by next week
Old 22nd May 2009, 13:39   #798
Senior - BHPian

I plan to audition it tonight. Anyone wants to hop in.

What's the enclosure's internal volume space ?
Old 22nd May 2009, 13:41   #799
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post

Where are you meeting up franky???I may join in with a SPL santro

Last edited by ramie2400 : 22nd May 2009 at 13:43.
Old 22nd May 2009, 13:54   #800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
Where are you meeting up franky???I may join in with a SPL santro
Well yet got to decide where, Doc is yet to confirm. But, I wouldn't mind driving down all the way. I heard his setup before, very keen to know what magic has Eclipse, DLS and genee has done. SPL santro.. better to listen to franks setup before i listen to that, won't have ears left out to audition

Last edited by Invinsible : 22nd May 2009 at 13:58.
Old 22nd May 2009, 14:08   #801
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
better to listen to franks setup before i listen to that, won't have ears left out to audition
Very true to the core,give me a call once youve planned with Doc,wish i might get well by that time
Old 22nd May 2009, 14:58   #802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Ajay did the TA and some settings on the amp for the gains (which incidentally is on the ZERO position for the Genesis, speaks volumes about the amount of power it makes for the 2 subwoofers!) and we were good to go!
No. It merely indicates that the pre-out voltage of the Eclipse falls out of the range of the input sensitivity of the Genny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400
wish i might get well by that time
What happened to you, Ramie anna? Sore backside? MF was complaining of pain in the waist.

Last edited by Bass&Trouble : 22nd May 2009 at 15:04.
Old 22nd May 2009, 15:07   #803
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Frank!! The head unit looks amazing.

I would be great if you can post a picture of the boot after the install.

Also, can you compare your current HU with the old one. I upgraded to alpine 9887 and was contemplating eclipse 7200. I know it would be difficult for you as you have made other upgrades too.
Old 22nd May 2009, 15:53   #804
Senior - BHPian

Oh man, I can almost feel the performance in the words and pics. Subhanallah, great setup Dr.FrankbhaiMehta. Congrates!

BTW, you lefty kya? The SWR is on the right and steering knob is on the left?
Old 22nd May 2009, 16:42   #805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quite an amazing setup Frank. I hope you retain this for *some* time at least!
i quote the words of the wise amey gokhale: i am very happy and an upgrade is not on the cards!

Quote:
Waiting for an audition after you take care of the points we discussed yesterday.
hear it now.. Seriously!

Quote:
And you were mocking my Clarion HU for the navratri color scheme. I knew the true Gujju in you would reveal his colors soon.
i am going to buy the original cd of odhni odhae to udi udi jaaye soon. my FAVREEEET song!

Quote:
So the BT works well eh? How does it feel to hear your GF's time aligned voice coming from Luccents, with bass properly blending in from the subs?
yes, the shouting now comes in stereo!

Quote:
I tried the same woofer setting and could not distinguish much in the bass output. Honestly, it sounded a shade better only. I guess that might be because bass from sub is not uni-directional sound? Or maybe because in a hatch, it is supposed to sound better?
no its not supposed to sound better. but yea, the new enclosure has surely spiced up things in your car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Wow the setup looks amazing Frank, Congrats
thank you Kedar. come to Mumbai soon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
Congrats Frank.

I love the way MKII looks in the dash. I miss my Saaki again :-(
thank you man. dont get emotional. come and drive my 'saaki'

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
A reverse install will not sound any different from a regular install. More on reverse installs here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ally-help.html

In this case, I think the reverse install results in a very practical benefit: The boot is fully usable, without any fear of luggage damaging the sub's cone. These subs keep the overall footprint/area of the sub-box with the driver mounted reverse to a minimum -- no magnet sticking out. And the design of the frame is such that it protects the back of the sub very well, without even the magnet to worry about.
yes anupji, i thought it makes sense, since I wouldnt have to spend a lot extra on the plexi grilles that i had planned up earlier. happy to see the outcome. looks quite beautiful i guess!

Quote:

we shall speak on the phone soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
Very true to the core,give me a call once youve planned with Doc,wish i might get well by that time
kya hua???? thanks again sir!

Quote:
No. It merely indicates that the pre-out voltage of the Eclipse falls out of the range of the input sensitivity of the Genny.
hmm. yea, the genny does 0.1V to 4V only. that explains it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Congrats Frank!! The head unit looks amazing.

I would be great if you can post a picture of the boot after the install.

Also, can you compare your current HU with the old one. I upgraded to alpine 9887 and was contemplating eclipse 7200. I know it would be difficult for you as you have made other upgrades too.
thank you so much man! i will compare the two head units in some time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Oh man, I can almost feel the performance in the words and pics. Subhanallah, great setup Dr.FrankbhaiMehta. Congrates!

BTW, you lefty kya? The SWR is on the right and steering knob is on the left?
thank you sir.
the steering wheel remote has been placed there since its closer to the head unit hence it's infra red rays can reach it. i am righty only. just eat with my left hand!
Old 22nd May 2009, 16:44   #806
Senior - BHPian

here's the videos of the car. sorry I forgot to take photos of the subwoofers in the boot. but the videos show them clearly enough. the videos have been shot in HD, hence everything is visible clearly. enjoy!!!!!!

Old 22nd May 2009, 16:49   #807
BHPian

OT: Hey that's an instrumental version of one of my favorite Ottis Redding tracks. Where did you get that ?

BTW man am I envying you or what for that ICE setup!

Last edited by pranava999 : 22nd May 2009 at 16:51.
Old 22nd May 2009, 17:46   #808
Senior - BHPian

this is the focal demo cd. no. 3 i think..

Btw we guys got to audition the Illusion Audio Ch-1 Horns in Ajay's car!! There's no words to describe the 'outspoken' nature of these and I really enjoyed the experience.
So much so, that it was difficult to go back to my freshly installed setup instantly :-(
Old 22nd May 2009, 17:49   #809
BHPian

What should we speak about? The ICE or the camera?

Do something about the sub wires Frank. Looks a lil scattered
Old 22nd May 2009, 18:00   #810
BHPian

thanks mate. the ice bugs biting you deeper and deeper. when do we see the 'horned' esteem next??
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks