Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2009, 23:42   #661
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Frank, You have made a good choice. Using the Genesis Profile AMPS myself, I am sure you will like them. These AMPS are actually worth double the money. Truly SLC's could not sound better and all credit goes to This small thin piece of equipment.

Waiting for a full review on your setup once everything is complete.
Old 7th May 2009, 00:21   #662
BHPian

Why dont you test it on another car? just test and remove, even if you are not satisfied with sound that just means that the rest of the system is just too weak
Old 7th May 2009, 01:16   #663
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Congrats Frank, You have made a good choice. Using the Genesis Profile AMPS myself, I am sure you will like them. These AMPS are actually worth double the money. Truly SLC's could not sound better and all credit goes to This small thin piece of equipment.

Waiting for a full review on your setup once everything is complete.
thanks manan! very excited myself, to have the genny power the subs. lets see how much control it has over the 2 luccents! the rf was very very competent, but wasnt 2 ohm stable, hence pitched for the genny.
I am sure as hell, I wont regret the decision!

PS: when is your mono coming in? and when do you plan to show us the piano black finished boot? really interested to see that coming around

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
Why dont you test it on another car? just test and remove, even if you are not satisfied with sound that just means that the rest of the system is just too weak
i guess I will, maybe tomorrow. anyone wants to lend me their car?
we can meet at hermit audio (if ajay is free) , and whoever has a dvc sub, or 2 subs can come and see how the genny sounds with their babies!
Old 7th May 2009, 09:02   #664
BHPian

I would have come but my car has a JBL which would just blow up with that kind of power :(

Arre frank talk to vishi, he has two subs, maybe they can handle and maybe he can come.

Last edited by abhayshanu : 7th May 2009 at 09:04.
Old 7th May 2009, 10:15   #665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would have come but my car has a JBL which would just blow up with that kind of power
you can easily run jbl sub with genesis amp, will not blow for sure.
Old 7th May 2009, 10:45   #666
BHPian

i have only one JBL, which is not a good one, max can go to 1000 watts, and rms in 200 rms, so i really dont want to take a chance.
Old 7th May 2009, 13:13   #667
Senior - BHPian

its ok guys. its not compulsory. its for whoever volunteers! as an added bonus it will permit the 'volunteer' to get a hang of the genesis on their sub/s.
@abhay: the genesis does 350W@4 ohm, and a jbl 300W sub would sound wonderful, but its ok if you think its cumbersome. no sweat :-)
Old 7th May 2009, 13:28   #668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
as an added bonus it will permit the 'volunteer' to get a hang of the genesis on their sub/s.
Yeah yeah & inflict him with upgradeitis, that poor soul will never enjoy his setup again
Old 7th May 2009, 14:27   #669
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Yeah yeah & inflict him with upgradeitis, that poor soul will never enjoy his setup again
True!! Just his post inflict so much upgradeities.. wonder what will happen if some one actually listens his system with Frank's amp!!!
Old 7th May 2009, 15:13   #670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
its ok guys. its not compulsory. its for whoever volunteers! as an added bonus it will permit the 'volunteer' to get a hang of the genesis on their sub/s.
@abhay: the genesis does 350W@4 ohm, and a jbl 300W sub would sound wonderful, but its ok if you think its cumbersome. no sweat :-)

If you feel there will be no problem then please do come in andheri, i wont mind volunteering, its just that i am not 18 so i am not allowed to drive more than 1km per day, so that means if i want i can just go to my lacalities alone, and if i have to go furthur, i have to take the bus. So please do come here if you want, and if you are then i will make the car available and you can come.
Old 7th May 2009, 15:15   #671
Senior - BHPian

Oh Common Frank.

Forget trying on another system.
They might not give it back to you.
Wait for your subs.
IMO check the amp with your sub only.

That way, you would be able to love your ICE more.
Old 7th May 2009, 15:48   #672
Senior - BHPian

He doesnt have a HU remember
Old 7th May 2009, 16:44   #673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
mooo haa haa. the curse of the silver amplifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocritical View Post
True!! Just his post inflict so much upgradeities.. wonder what will happen if some one actually listens his system with Frank's amp!!!
my setup is very ordinary. sounds just the way I like it. i dont know if everyone will appreciate it :-)

Quote:
If you feel there will be no problem then please do come in andheri, i wont mind volunteering, its just that i am not 18 so i am not allowed to drive more than 1km per day, so that means if i want i can just go to my lacalities alone, and if i have to go furthur, i have to take the bus. So please do come here if you want, and if you are then i will make the car available and you can come.
as i said, abhay. no sweat man! you should meet all of us at some meet soon though!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Oh Common Frank.

Forget trying on another system.
They might not give it back to you.
Wait for your subs.
IMO check the amp with your sub only.

That way, you would be able to love your ICE more.
i know, man. but i have been scared to death by our Pankybhai. the words DOA have been ringing in my head! I want to rest in peace!
I know how it feels playing on someone's setup, but I have to do it for just that split second. still waiting for the illusive volunteer!

Quote:
He doesnt have a HU remember
right: but i do need to try on someone's car!
Old 7th May 2009, 16:55   #674
BHPian

Well Frank , gift it to me ;D
I will try , try and keep trying till i get the cash to buy the same Genny amp ;p
Old 7th May 2009, 17:26   #675
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
my setup is very ordinary. sounds just the way I like it. i dont know if everyone will appreciate it :-)
Ordinary!!!!?????????
I wonder what he'll call systems of others(like Mine) on the forums which are no where in the league..
A piece of thrash!! ???
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks