Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2007, 15:51   #7351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
My, my 4" is way too small. He'll then have to cut the entire door open to fit a 507
Yeah, you can cut the grill easily and get a 6.5" driver in there too. Swale got it done in his new Ikon. The new Ikon is worse. Not only does the grill need to be cut, the power window buttons also need to be relocated.
Old 6th December 2007, 15:56   #7352
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Yeah, you can cut the grill easily and get a 6.5" driver in there too. Swale got it done in his new Ikon. The new Ikon is worse. Not only does the grill need to be cut, the power window buttons also need to be relocated.
Sounds like a lot of trouble, especially if the PW buttons to be re-located. I reckon he should stick to 4" speakers
Old 6th December 2007, 16:02   #7353
BHPian

Quote:
Nope, the Ford Ikon cant take a 6.5" without cutting away the original grill which is a part of the pocket and some other stuff. I think the stock location is a 4".
what? 4"? great.. i thought it can accomadate 507.

Quote:
My, my 4" is way too small. He'll then have to cut the entire door open to fit a 507
Quote:
I remember that sometime back one installer said ikon can accomadate GTO 507. If it is 4", then i have to think again. Because my upgradation is a secret to my family.. i have told them i am going to replace the HU alone.. :-))
Old 6th December 2007, 16:09   #7354
BANNED

5.25" components will fit in without much trouble in Ikon. Many friends I know has them. Even our Mahendra NITROUS baba from MADras has GTO507 in the front.

@Sun.... I didn't like the sound of Pioneer Kevlars. For that price, you can find more better sounding speakers.
Old 6th December 2007, 16:18   #7355
BHPian

Thanks a lot Speedzak...saved me a lot of trouble. Im gng to the Car Acc. guy this evening. Tomorrow im getting my Optra Magnum. Wanna check on Front/ rear components, Sub and Amp before the vehicle comes. I was thinking of gng with JBL comps, JBL sub and JBL amp for my car.The Sub WILL HAVE TO go in the parcel tray. No room in the trunk as it will always be full of luggage. Any tips? Budget- about 25-30K. HU will remain stock Alpine 2DIN

Thx
SUNNY
Old 6th December 2007, 16:25   #7356
BHPian

How are the shallow mounted Pio TS-SW1241D subwoofers for mounting on the parcel tray? ANy comments on them?

Sunny
Old 6th December 2007, 23:13   #7357
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Now with the 4950/75.4 combination it is happening at times. Strange. Anyway, let me try the RCA thing. Navin, where should I disconnect/reconect the RCA's from? The AMP or at the HU? Or both?.
the amp end is more convienient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunster View Post
Im narrowing down my selection to LBLs or Infinity Kappas 6" ers for the doors and a JBL amp (4 channel). The only problem is the Sub. According to a friend of mine, the Optra Magnum has something like a seat belt pipe running thru the parcel tray and so fitting a sub in the parcel tray wouldnt be possible. Is that true?

1) Can you please advise me how I could install a woofer in the parcel tray?
2) What would be the pros and cons and which woofer would be preferable.
3)My choices were the Pioneer 307F (free air) and also some of these slim Alpine/Blaupunkt woofers.
4) Also, how are illusion audio speakers quality-wise?
5) Are they better or equal to the infinity and JBLs?
Quote:
What would sound better and be easier to install/connect. 2 ten inchers or a single 12 incher on the parcel tray?
1. a pic of the parcel tray would help, esp the seat belt pipe.
2. all things being equal I'd take 2 x 10" over 1 x 12". It also depends on what amplification you are using.
3. have you heard these woofers?
4. Illusion makes fine speakers. B&T is not at liberty to say so as he represents the brand.
5. JBL and Infinity below to the same stable these along with Illusion, Hertz, ID, etc are all good subwoofers. Different strokes for different folks.

Regards
"Bob"
Old 6th December 2007, 23:17   #7358
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyguru View Post
no dear. you must be the perfect husband. :-)
we are made for each then? :-) Thanks. Now tell that to my wife!

Quote:
How are the shallow mounted Pio TS-SW1241D subwoofers for mounting on the parcel tray? ANy comments on them?
Sunny, you seem to be fixated on shallwo woofers. A few brands have woofers with the magnet in front of the cone instead of behind the cone. I think Illusion is one of these, so while you are trying out Blau and Pio I would suggest you listen to Illusion too.
Old 7th December 2007, 10:59   #7359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
we are made for each then? :-)

Sunny, you seem to be fixated on shallwo woofers.
Well that's because too much protrusion of the Sub Magnet in to the trunk if installed n the parcel tray will cause problems with the Wife, Father and Foreign Guests who always have these huge samsonites that need to be stowed away into the trunk and everytime the trunk is opened I will be looked at with a CastorOil face. Thats why I want the sub mounting to be as flush and minimal as possible without TOO much trunk intrusion.

Sunny
Old 7th December 2007, 13:21   #7360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats why I want the sub mounting to be as flush and minimal as possible without TOO much trunk intrusion.
Use multiple small subs, like 2x 8"ers
Old 7th December 2007, 13:35   #7361
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Use multiple small subs, like 2x 8"ers
well he was lookng at 2 x 10" as well.
Old 7th December 2007, 13:43   #7362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
well he was lookng at 2 x 10" as well.
Oh well, I missed that. That would work well too.
Old 7th December 2007, 15:16   #7363
BHPian

H O O R A Y !!!

HOORAY

Just got my Magnum an hour ago. Am totally thrilled. GOD!!! Does it have power!!! Just waiting to rip it. Cant do it immediately. And oh!! I checked the parcel tray. Not much space there for a 12 incher. Will mostly have to go with two 8" or 10". Will post pics soon. Just Excited!!!

Cheers
SUNNY

Mod's Note: We understand your excitement. Congrats on your purchase. However, please do remember amidst all this excitement that the rules still hold good. Whether its the traffic rules (what with that powerhouse of a car) or this board's rules.

You can not post more than 2 smilies per post. We have edited out the extra smiley. Please stick to the smiley count, and the legal speed limits, always.
Old 7th December 2007, 15:57   #7364
BHPian

Sorry will keep that in Mind. Thanks
SUNNY
Old 7th December 2007, 16:16   #7365
BHPian

Pics of my new Ride

Hi,

These are pics of my new ride and also of the parcel tray so the gurus can give some insight on woofer placement here.

Thanks
SUNNY

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks