Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2007, 10:19   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

The Tatamobile has grown up. Those pseudo headlight units are a disappointment - hopefully the production versions will see proper jewel lights.
Old 4th February 2007, 10:51   #32
Senior - BHPian

The Interiors are awful and those Pseudo Headlamps dont fool anyone - old Tatamobile headlamps inside a large plastic shield does not make a new headlamp. This is a bit like the new Scorpio's taillamp cluster - make believe.
Old 4th February 2007, 10:55   #33
BHPian

man this one is a real surprise from tata .looks solid from the front reminds me of the GMC trucks tht we often see in movies . the pricing will be crucial for this vehicle ..
Old 4th February 2007, 11:01   #34
Senior - BHPian

There is a red one as well..

Off topic.. NH4 Pune-Mumbai seems to be a fav testing ground for the tatas.. The other day I tried chasing a lightly camoflaged Indigo on the way to office.. Must have been their best test driver.. Because I couldnt keep up with it in my petrol Baleno
Old 4th February 2007, 11:16   #35
IMP
BHPian

I saw it also on the expressway, i did notice that is has a different suspension setup at the rear, did any one notice it?
Old 4th February 2007, 11:18   #36
Team-BHP Support

Hey... Its a RHD version, right???

Why isn't it a LHD version???
As far as we have seen, the Tata test vehicles for the European markets were all LHD versions....
Also, the airbags have been removed... Leaving a huge hole... Anyone else smelling an India launch???

@tushky: Great work man!!! Again!!!

@spadival: YOu mean, the indigo was faster than a Baleno??? Or the driver was able to negotiate traffic better???

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 4th February 2007 at 11:21.
Old 4th February 2007, 11:30   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
There is a red one as well..

Off topic.. NH4 Pune-Mumbai seems to be a fav testing ground for the tatas.. The other day I tried chasing a lightly camoflaged Indigo on the way to office.. Must have been their best test driver.. Because I couldnt keep up with it in my petrol Baleno
Must be the 1.4 DOHC engine. Even the ACI guys had trouble keeping up with the Indica V3 in their Fusion, which is no slouch.
You should really try keeping up with this beast. I tried it once, on my Pulsar and at 80kmph, the truck vanished into the horizon as if I was standing still.
Have seen this truck several times, but this is the first time I am seeing the interiors. El-cheapo work truck plastic in there.

EDIT : The green colour looks horrible in person.

Last edited by sajo : 4th February 2007 at 11:35.
Old 4th February 2007, 11:33   #38
Team-BHP Support

The new DOHC engine which comes in XL is 101PS, so it can be tough catching upto with a 0-100 whack of around 12-13s
Old 4th February 2007, 11:39   #39
NIP
Senior - BHPian

the tail end lacks character. and i dont even want to get started on the headlights...maybe this is only on the test version...no way tata can launch a vehicle with these headlights !
Old 4th February 2007, 11:50   #40
Senior - BHPian

Life Style pickup?

I believe they would want to create a lifestyle segment with this truck. The pricing would be a crucial factor though.

@Tushky: Great work buddy.
Old 4th February 2007, 11:57   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
the tail end lacks character. and i dont even want to get started on the headlights...maybe this is only on the test version...no way tata can launch a vehicle with these headlights !
This must be for the test version only. The one they showed at the Bologna motor show had goodish headlights.

Old 4th February 2007, 11:59   #42
Team-BHP Support

the pic shows rear suspension to be leaf springs. pretty basic suspension. looks like just new panels on the 207.
Old 4th February 2007, 14:28   #43
Senior - BHPian

Pretty sad after what they showed at Bologna. The headlight & interiors are ugh! Also if i'm not wrong isn't the instrument cluster the same one as is used in the new Indigo's?

Also the Bologna concept is dual cab (4-door) but it seems that this one is single cab, not very clear from the pictures though.

P.S. Great work again Tushky!!
Old 4th February 2007, 14:40   #44
Senior - BHPian

This is obviously a pre-production mule.

@ Steeroid: the headlights used in this PT are not from the old Tatamobile (which used 1210's headlights) but are the smaller ones from later Sumo SE. Earlier Sumos too used 1210 headlamps.

Obviously, the final product (as shown at Bologna) would be better.

Regarding Interiors: Tata's USP has been and will continue to be (at least for some time) value-for-money and hence perhaps one shouldn't expect too much from their products. What say?
Old 4th February 2007, 14:51   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
T
Regarding Interiors: Tata's USP has been and will continue to be (at least for some time) value-for-money and hence perhaps one shouldn't expect too much from their products. What say?
Agreed but I don't think this one is going to be priced at less than 7L (on-road) and for that kind of money I would expect better interiors. There is a limit to how far you can play the VFM tag with success and that ends when the vehicle starts costing above 6L, recent case in point being the Indigo XL which has terrible interiors for a car costing 8L+

Of course there are just my personal thoughts. Others might diasgree.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks