Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2007, 12:05   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandyk View Post
I am not sure which one you are referring to. I have bought this 2 years ago - through Tata - it was used for testing here - is a Telcoline 4 x4 - with A/C - dual cab - it is the same as being sold in Middle East and South African Markets - doing very well in these markets. I had a tough time getting it registered - have successfully done this.

I am a new member here - great site - brilliant. Cheers !
Welcome to the forum mate. The one which you own is the Export model of 207DI called as the TELCOLINE SPORT. Also, as a request could you pls post some pics of ur SUV
Old 8th August 2007, 15:14   #167
Senior - BHPian

I think you are referring to the older TL.

Tata Motors 4x4 TL

This vehicle is available for display at the pune showroom of a tata delaer and have even seen a couple on the roads,one of them is owned by a foreigner.
Old 8th August 2007, 17:33   #168

Yes Sir !
It is the one Rahul refers to - only minus the chrome. I did get it from Pune ! Please can you suggest modifications - and where this can be done.
Old 8th August 2007, 20:17   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandyk View Post
I am not sure which one you are referring to. I have bought this 2 years ago - through Tata - it was used for testing here - is a Telcoline 4 x4 - with A/C - dual cab - it is the same as being sold in Middle East and South African Markets - doing very well in these markets. I had a tough time getting it registered - have successfully done this.

I am a new member here - great site - brilliant. Cheers !
PICS PICS PICS PICS
Old 9th August 2007, 22:52   #170
Senior - BHPian

Hey Nandyk...post some pics....
new safari is coming out so may be tata is thinking of launching exnon also....any inputs from some sources?????????
Old 11th August 2007, 11:41   #171

Guys Am in DXB on business. Will post some pictures on return.
Old 12th August 2007, 11:49   #172
Senior - BHPian

When you are free shop around, DXB might be a good place to find stuff for your pick-up.
Old 12th August 2007, 12:23   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche View Post
A fresh pic.... looks pretty decent.. though not as good as i would prefer it to be. Just lower and widen it a little, shod with wide tires and itll be one hot ride!

Looks OK, but could have been better. I wish Tata's would clean up their proportions act, and pick up design language cues from some more established marques (like the pic below). That way their cars won't look like they took the wrong turn out of the 90's and landed up in 2007. Still too conservative. Not evocative enough.
Old 12th August 2007, 12:36   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche View Post
The car doesnt look like they've made any fundamental changes. Look at the A Pillar and Windscreen and it looks like all they've changed are the bonnet, fenders, grille, bumpers and the doors. The basic shape is STILL that of the old Tatamobile! This beauty is just skin-deep.
Old 12th August 2007, 15:37   #175
Senior - BHPian

strcitly speaking I prefer the old 407' TataMobile desgin.

No nonsense and really tough looking.
Old 12th August 2007, 23:05   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
strcitly speaking I prefer the old 407' TataMobile desgin.

No nonsense and really tough looking.
Well, first of all it was the 207 Tatamobile design and not 407 as you've mentioned above. The 407 is a different animal altogether.

I liked the rugged looks of the 207-Tatamobile, but a little bit of legroom and headroom for the rear seat passenger wouldn't hurt. After-all, one is paying quite a bit of moolah for the vehicle, besides Tata is positioning this as a life-style vehicle in India.

Don't you think that Life-Style vehicles in India should have a bit of creature comforts in the car. At the minimum, a comfortable rear seat, instead of the bench in 207 tata-mobile and a little bit of headroom and leg room wouldn't be out of place.
Old 12th August 2007, 23:06   #177
Senior - BHPian

I got news from a friend that Tata is going to launch the new sumo with new engine on 15th aug....any have any idea, if they launch sumo than may be they will launch xenon....
Old 13th August 2007, 00:35   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
I got news from a friend that Tata is going to launch the new sumo with new engine on 15th aug....any have any idea, if they launch sumo than may be they will launch xenon....
If your friends name is Mr. Ratan Tata, then it might be true. :-)

Jokes apart, we can speculate about releases as much as we want. But most automobile launches are hush-hush affairs. Even most dealerships don't get to know the actual launch date of a vehicle until announced publicly by the manufacturer. And the media (press) guys are the first ones to know about new launches.

It's not before 4-5 weeks that dealerships start giving the deliveries of actual vehicles.
Old 13th August 2007, 12:22   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man23ish View Post
If your friends name is Mr. Ratan Tata, then it might be true. :-)

But an't Mr Indica friends with every one.....:-)

Any ways my friend is buying a new car, and asked me which model to buy.. I mentioned to him about the new safari coming soon... when he asked the dealer, he was told that new sumo is coming out they do not know about the safari and xenone.
Old 13th August 2007, 13:02   #180
Senior - BHPian

This is from their Q1 Investors meet:

Quote:
Tata Motors will roll out a 2.2L Safari SUV and a refurbished Sumo this quarter(Q2).
But noone knows the exact date of the launch, although going from past launches, 15th Aug seems to be a good date but can be launched anytime between July-Sep. It will be a 2.2ltr engine for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
But an't Mr Indica friends with every one.....:-)

Any ways my friend is buying a new car, and asked me which model to buy.. I mentioned to him about the new safari coming soon... when he asked the dealer, he was told that new sumo is coming out they do not know about the safari and xenone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks