Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2007, 05:07   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUV View Post
I beleive its being redesigned by TRU, Thailand and Not TATA .......
Whats this TRU? Are they too good in Auto Engineering? Better than TATA? Never heard...till today i thought Thailand is a low cost manufacturing place with some cute women around ;-) and nothing else!

Last edited by sgmuser : 18th June 2007 at 05:09.
Old 18th June 2007, 07:43   #107
Senior - BHPian

If they give it the Borg warner transfer case I might consider buying it for my "hypothetical" farmhouse in rural Mangalore.
Old 18th June 2007, 18:55   #108
Senior - BHPian

Is the New TL Sprint going to be launched in India this year ??
Old 18th June 2007, 19:00   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
Is the New TL Sprint going to be launched in India this year ??
Yes this very month, and its going to be called Tata Xenon.
Old 23rd June 2007, 03:00   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
You should try asking a Thai what he think of India!
Who cares what a Thai thinks of India?

On topic:
How is the pick-up market in Inida? Does urban crowd buy them like they do in US?
Old 23rd June 2007, 07:41   #111
BHPian

since I first saw the Tatamobile 207 some 14-15 years back when it launched and instantly fell in love with the vehicle..as a matter of fact all the 3 vehicles from that range were fabulous and well yes I'm referring to the Estate,the Sierra and the mobile207...however the cars I believe were either well ahead of their times in India or had some reliability issues hence didnt see too much success in the Indian Market.
The Estate (I feel that it was based on the Mercedes Benz 300TD) was my personal favourite..I always wanted to own that car.Anyways coming back to the topic Tata was never really concerned in investing a huge chunk on money in keeping the Tatamobile project development ticking as India was a risky market for this kind of a vehicle untill recently.Anyways personally I used to the 1st version of the 207 twin cab TATA had launced..That vehicle had the old TATA insignia and used to look very rugged..only thing that would have completed the equation was the addition of 30"-35" wheels and enhanced independant link suspensions system...
Further,I feel the current interest that TATA is showing in the
Telcoline Range is a good sign...

Last edited by sabret00the : 23rd June 2007 at 07:46.
Old 23rd June 2007, 22:05   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayavi View Post
How is the pick-up market in Inida? Does urban crowd buy them like they do in US?
In Kerala, pickups are a great hit with the Liquor dealers - 207s, Maxxs, all are lapped up by this class for their good pickup and good speed. They need to outrun the chugging M340s of the excise/police department!!!
Old 23rd June 2007, 22:10   #113
Senior - BHPian

After doing some research on Tata's passenger vehicles, I am nowadays beginning to suspect that they are using the foreign market to develop vehicles for India; unline most other vehicle makers, who bring outdated models here. I may be wrong; but dont think so.
Just look at so many of their models - this particular model, Indica DICOR, all first sold elsewhere and only then in India.
Old 23rd June 2007, 23:25   #114
SUV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
Yes this very month, and its going to be called Tata Xenon.
In all probability it will be launched as a 207 DI upgrade - Which Means the it will still retain the engine & Gearbox from the older version ....
Old 24th June 2007, 00:21   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
After doing some research on Tata's passenger vehicles, I am nowadays beginning to suspect that they are using the foreign market to develop vehicles for India; unline most other vehicle makers, who bring outdated models here. I may be wrong; but dont think so.
Just look at so many of their models - this particular model, Indica DICOR, all first sold elsewhere and only then in India.
very well observed indeed...I feel this strategy of their's is working rather well...India is a speculative and sensitive market to actually develop an entire product specifically.
Instead if they launched a product in various markets in different markets and kept collecting feedback from markets and finally they shud have a product ready for India...in the process they shall break even in terms of investment on R&D on the vehicles as they wud simultaneously be selling the vehicles in these markets making the final price for India a lot more attractive
Old 24th June 2007, 02:50   #116
Senior - BHPian

When is it out? What engine? Anyone have any inside info on this one?

Last edited by tsk1979 : 24th June 2007 at 15:43. Reason: Not needed now
Old 25th June 2007, 02:26   #117
BHPian

Anyone know who does the TATA car designs these days!!! They are coming out with some really good looking cars. Is DC involved in the TATA design team?
Old 25th June 2007, 05:38   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster_BHP View Post
Anyone know who does the TATA car designs these days!!! They are coming out with some really good looking cars. Is DC involved in the TATA design team?
As far as I know they used to work extensively with IDea and ItalDesign to develop light vehicles in the past (like safari,sumo,709 and indica to name a few)..
As far as the design company for new Telcoline range is concerned I'm not sure which company is engaged.
None of the Indian cars till date have been styled (designed) in India so I dont think DC Design is involved..
If they need a designer with a huge portfolio then I'm free to help
Old 25th June 2007, 14:53   #119
SUV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
When is it out? What engine? Anyone have any inside info on this one?
Not out yet ... will be in aug - oct time frame with the 3.0 L DICOR, 2.2 L not confirmed yet.
Old 25th June 2007, 14:55   #120
Team-BHP Support

So if safari comes out with a 2.2L engine 140BHP at around 7.5L this will have the older engine and will be priced a lakh lower?
But it would have been better to use the same engine in all MUVs as economies of scale push down costs.
Thats said 3.0L 115BHP Sumo Taxi is a scary thought.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks