Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2007, 19:46   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
sure manish. thanks. next time i will write my review about the car. but sadly i dont get any information about the engines.only i can tell how the car looks and about interior.
Well, since most of us here on this forum first get to see the pictures of new cars, courtesy spy photographers like yourself, any description that you provide regarding the exteriors/ interiors/ aesthetics/ headlamps/ symetry/ ground clearance/ rear-fog wipers/ blah-blah/ etc would be well appreciated.

I mean you've been the first one to click so many new cars for the first time. Its only fair that you write something about them as well.. For the benefit of dozens of subscribers on this forum.

Manish
Old 9th June 2007, 20:04   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
Guys

This vehicle will be launched this month in India, it is going to be named Xenon. Now we will some action in this category, soon we might see the Scorpio pick up too.
This is true, here's a link !!

The Hindu Business Line : Tata Motors cuts car production by 20%
Old 9th June 2007, 21:16   #93
Senior - BHPian

ok.so about this pick up.. it feels macho. but it is short in height. noise is same as Safari. about interior, it is so simple. not as good as european pick-ups. dash quality is ok. but much better than current tl.cabin feels roomy. from side the vehicle looks too good. it has rear defogger.tail lamps looks awesome at night.

Last edited by tushky : 9th June 2007 at 21:18.
Old 9th June 2007, 22:08   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ok.so about this pick up.. it feels macho. but it is short in height.
Completely agree. Its shorter even than me. But it looks soo good.....from a distance.
You become aware of its diminutive size as you get closer. If only it was 1.5x bigger.... Interiors are super duper cheap looking. And made of hard shiny plastic. The silver garnish on the centre console should be done away with, IMHO.
Old 10th June 2007, 00:39   #95
Senior - BHPian

there are three models in this pick up range they are single cab [2 door 2 seats], crew cab [4 door 4 seats] and space cab [2 door 4 seats]
these are the official names for the models.
Old 10th June 2007, 19:58   #96
BHPian

Quote:
ok.so about this pick up.. it feels macho. but it is short in height. noise is same as Safari. about interior, it is so simple. not as good as european pick-ups. dash quality is ok. but much better than current tl.cabin feels roomy. from side the vehicle looks too good. it has rear defogger.tail lamps looks awesome at night.
There you go man..

Reminds me of the Tata-Mobile in a new avatar. How is the head-room and the leg-room for the rear seat passenger in the crew-cab? That was one of the complaints from the Tata-207-DI range of vehicles.

Keep up the good work..
Old 10th June 2007, 23:57   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man23ish View Post
How is the head-room and the leg-room for the rear seat passenger in the crew-cab? That was one of the complaints from the Tata-207-DI range of vehicles.
Umm, still not very good, from what I could see. In the crew cab, the rear seat leg room can be compared to a hatchback. Thats only my perception though, havent sat in it, just peered into parked one.
Old 11th June 2007, 03:10   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post

Can anyone please tell me how to click non reflecting pics through car windows?
noticed it today, you need polarizers, and try it at different orientations.

experts?
Old 11th June 2007, 08:54   #99
Team-BHP Support

Yes Polarizers is what you need to kill those reflections.
No other way.
Old 11th June 2007, 11:18   #100
Senior - BHPian

i can click without reflection with my 2mp camera.
Old 11th June 2007, 11:21   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Umm, still not very good, from what I could see. In the crew cab, the rear seat leg room can be compared to a hatchback. Thats only my perception though, havent sat in it, just peered into parked one.
Am i the only one being left out on this beauty.. It seems that the car has already been launched.. Any news about the Tata Tl Sprint Xenon in bangalore.
Old 11th June 2007, 11:35   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man23ish View Post
It seems that the car has already been launched.. Any news about the Tata Tl Sprint Xenon in bangalore.
i think no, may be tata will launch this truck in july. i think TATA will launch it here after its worldwide launch. mainly in South Africa and UK.
Old 11th June 2007, 12:44   #103
Senior - BHPian

If you look at the pictures here displayed in various shows across, you will see a mixed feeling of whether TATA will launch this truck with a 2.2 engine or not.

TATA had displayed only the TATA pickup with a 2.2 sticker and not the TI sprint, but it seems TATA has changed its mind and did some changes to the looks now and pickup designs are being used in the Sprint (tails lamps etc) or even an integration of the two, so will this also mean a 2.2 engine ???, one can only speculate.
Old 11th June 2007, 12:55   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
Dadu

I will try getting that info too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
thanks, I am sure there are many here waiting for this news eagerly.
Any further inside news on this ranc ???
Old 11th June 2007, 15:28   #105
Senior - BHPian

This article says that the TL sprint will be powered by the 2.2 ltr engine. So if it is, Safari 2.2 is also on the way very soon, but talk about speculation, speculation and speculation, no firm news.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks