Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2010, 00:12   #226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
That exactly what i said "limited no of models". These days every intercity operator should have Volvos. I think ABT is the only main operator that i know, who dont have a Volvo.
Its quite strange that they run an all A/c bus fleet but have opted not to take up the Volvo. Nevertheless they have managed to create a niche segment for themselves with a very well run operation and well maintained buses.
Old 14th March 2010, 20:02   #227
BHPian

I believe even ARC travels (having the same coloured buses as ABTx) also follows the same model with only AL 12M buses being used. Not sure if they have built the same reputation as ABTx.
Old 14th March 2010, 23:26   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
Its quite strange that they run an all A/c bus fleet but have opted not to take up the Volvo. Nevertheless they have managed to create a niche segment for themselves with a very well run operation and well maintained buses.
The big story here is ABT is a primary dealer for TML (through Gounder&Co in Coimbatore and as ABT in other cities) and ARC is dealer for Eicher.

Knowing the inside story of ABT group (ARC as well), the very reason for them to choose 12M is because of their excellent value for the money and their all around ability for long distance travel. They will certainly not choose Volvo's for the sake of image of their brand. If there exists a potential viability in ROI only they will opt for it.

They have really established a greater preferance amoung commuters for a affordable luxury travel.
Luxury I meant here is not with respect to brand of buses but wrt the maintenance of their fleet and the service level they provide.
Old 14th March 2010, 23:46   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
That exactly what i said "limited no of models".
Here I would like to say about another major fleet operator based on Chennai - Parveen Travels. They have the highest mix of fleet in TamilNadu.AL, TML Eicher, Corona, Starbus and of course Volvo.
Its strange that why they try so much options
Old 14th March 2010, 23:52   #230
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Is this in the shape of the AC Marcopolo bus or is it different? Because I've seen Non AC Marcopolos which are of the same shape as the AC Marcopolos plying in Mysore. Unfortunately, I do not have a pic of that.
There seems to be a (very) slight resemblance in the front. Everything else is straight out of a Malgudi Days-style bus and no resemblance to the AC version.
Old 15th March 2010, 10:10   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Is this in the shape of the AC Marcopolo bus or is it different? Because I've seen Non AC Marcopolos which are of the same shape as the AC Marcopolos plying in Mysore. Unfortunately, I do not have a pic of that.
The side window panes and the middle row doors are the same as of the non-AC Macopol you see in Mysore. That apart, the BMTC version is "taller", apparently taller than the JnNURM SLF bodies built by KMS Coach too. I got to travel in it the other day, and it feels roomy/spacious inside, guessing it to be due to the higher head room.
Old 15th March 2010, 11:54   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
... the very reason for them to choose 12M is because of their excellent value for the money and their all around ability for long distance travel. They will certainly not choose Volvo's for the sake of image of their brand...

They have really established a greater preferance amoung commuters for a affordable luxury travel.
Luxury I meant here is not with respect to brand of buses but wrt the maintenance of their fleet and the service level they provide.
+1 to that. I've been using ARC's service to travel to Coimbatore from Chennai and back (rail tickets are very difficult to obtain unless you plan the journey months in advance) regularly. The buses are very very very well maintained. Cabin NVH levels and ride quality are far better than even some of the Volvos operating in the same sector. More importantly, the staff is extremely cordial and cooperative, and they're on time. Perhaps a 15 minute delay in departure is the worst that I've noticed. Never heard of any accidents or breakdowns either.

Ashley2, I suppose you were talking about the AL 12m buses of ABTX. Because I'm yet to see a Tata one being used for intercity operation.

Quote:
Here I would like to say about another major fleet operator based on Chennai - Parveen Travels. They have the highest mix of fleet in TamilNadu.AL, TML Eicher, Corona, Starbus and of course Volvo.
Parveen uses Volvos and ALs for long distance routes. Followed by Eicher. They use Eicher buses for almost all contract transport options - the ones being used by MNCs for their employees' daily commute. Haven't seen any Coronas being used, maybe I would've missed them. There are a few Sutlej Lexias and Tata mini buses also, but they're used for ferrying tourists.

In their Sutlej Lexias the front and rear wheels bear the Tata logo at the centre. The steering wheel doesn't look like the Tata one. The buses are rear engined and air conditioned (without a slave engine).
Old 15th March 2010, 12:07   #233
santoshnair

Jnnurm Pmt

GUys happened to be in Pune liked this front of JNNURM PMT buses....
Attached Thumbnails
City Buses of various STUs all over India-pmt.jpg  

(1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2010, 12:29   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santoshnair View Post
I think there's a resemblance to the NewGen cabs - the grills, I mean. In simple words, the front of the bus is ugly
Old 15th March 2010, 18:54   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
More importantly, the staff is extremely cordial and cooperative
"Yenungna Ticket Kudungna..." kind of service

Quote:
Ashley2, I suppose you were talking about the AL 12m buses of ABTX. Because I'm yet to see a Tata one being used for intercity operation.
Yes they are AL 12M. A big tata to TATA

Quote:
Haven't seen any Coronas being used, maybe I would've missed them.
I have travelled in one their Corona from Chennai to Sivakasi in 2006. Not sure weather they exists now.
Old 15th March 2010, 18:59   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think there's a resemblance to the NewGen cabs - the grills, I mean. In simple words, the front of the bus is ugly
A Bus with an an exact front facia resembling NewGen cabs was posted earlier in the older Integrated CV thread. Not sure in which page. Guys if any one has posted earlier you can show us the link.
BTW, I could say front of the bus is not ugly.. but very very ugly
Old 16th March 2010, 08:12   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Add the KING LONGs they ply between CHENNAI & BENGALURU to the list
Old 16th March 2010, 10:39   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Here I would like to say about another major fleet operator based on Chennai - Parveen Travels. They have the highest mix of fleet in TamilNadu.AL, TML Eicher, Corona, Starbus and of course Volvo
I believe they had also tried Cerita (KingLongs) on their Bangalore-Chennai route. Had seen it twice and you could make out that it is Parveen by the Blue-Fuchsia combination used in their buses.
Old 16th March 2010, 18:04   #239
BHPian

As usual, we deviate a lot from the original topic "city-buses-various-stus-all-over-india". We are discussing everything (up to contract carriages) but the city buses. Right time to change the course of discussion
Old 16th March 2010, 22:10   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santoshnair View Post
This doesn't seem to be JnNURM bus - All JnNURM buses needs to be with LED display (discussed elsewhere in the integrated forum).

This front end is miles away from the NEWGENs. This is one of the ugliest front ends I've seen so far

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks