Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2014, 16:37   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: My Skoda Yeti - DIYs, OE Upgrades & Custom Mods. UPDATE: Park Assist video on Pg 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post

Thank you nitinbose!
Below are the links to the JL audio micro sub woofers and Pioneer Class D mono amp.
Amp. is installed below the front passenger seat and sub woofers in the boot in a custom molded enclosure without eating up the boot space.

Micro sub woofer custom molded enclosure from New Metal Effect, Chennai

Amp. installation under the front passenger seat. The amp wont be visible unless you push back the seat completely.
Who did the amp and sub installation, Vagtune?

Are these CANBUS amps? Please share more info on the wiring as well.

Why did you not opt for a 4-channel amps & components, does the Yeti come with the Skoda amp, like the laura?

Thanks in advance!
nitinbose is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 17:16   #32
BHPian

re: My Skoda Yeti - DIYs, OE Upgrades & Custom Mods. UPDATE: Park Assist video on Pg 8

Quote:
Hey guys

I have been following Team BHP forums since 2006. I got myself registered as a member of the team recently and this is my first post.

- Bi-xenon head lamps with autolevel AFS kit (OEM)
- Cruise control (OEM)

More pics and videos coming up soon with auto parking, AFS bi-xenon head lamps, etc. in action..
@ajaypjayaraj - That's very very neat set of mods. Every single mod is done very elegantly and the finish is impeccable. Kudos for the passionate work there.

I would be interested to know if I can get the cruise control fitted in Skoda Rapid. It would be tremendously useful as I do highway runs quite often. Also, how much it would cost me? Any idea/ pointers would be useful.

Subscribed to this thread.
mksureshhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 17:34   #33
Team-BHP Support

Lovely set of mods Ajay. I am a fan! Neat execution especially the front grill mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mksureshhere
I would be interested to know if I can get the cruise control fitted in Skoda Rapid. It would be tremendously useful as I do highway runs quite often. Also, how much it would cost me? Any idea/ pointers would be useful.
You may have to change the BCM in addition to installing the left stalk with cruise control option. AFAIK the Laura doesn't need a BCM change for the cruise control addon.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th June 2014 at 17:43.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 19:22   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaniv14 View Post
B-E-A-utiful!!!
Looks like your investment is paying you amazing returns. Loved the way you have carefully chosen your MODS so as to not to alter the car's stock image. Yeti is a lovley car inspite of its box like build.
Also, could you share the cost of the overhead carrier and its capacity??
Thanks Vinay! True, its paying amazing returns!! hehe
Regarding Thule roof box, fittings and accessories you can get details in the following link
http://www.thule.com/en/br/products/...c-200-_-631250
When I purchased new, these had costed me roughly around 75 to 80K, I mean the full kit with roof bars, foot packs, one key system, etc. I am retaining the bike rack (which was sourced separately) and rest is up for grabs. I've put it up on tbhp classifieds. I have a bad habit of upgrading time after time

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
These are great list of mods without hampering OEM appeal of this great car. Can you shed some more light on costing. I would be interested in a few like cruise control and Bixenon headlamps. unfortunately we don't have vagtune like service in north india which may hold me going for these if they can't be done by DIY.
Abbey you can get the cost and details of every component on www.vagtune.com. Many modules like CECM, CAN gateway etc. are shared commonly by electronic components of the car. Hence depending on what all you want to retrofit, you need to decide which modules need replacement and hence the total cost depends on that. Its hard to say how much cruise control alone or auto parking alone costed me as they all share some common modules. Best is to contact Mr.Sugesh and he can guide you with what all components you will need depending on what all retrofits you are planning. Since vagtune.com is a global site, the components are shipped directly from warehouses in CZ, HK etc. directly to your delivery address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadas View Post
Great job Ajay!!! The beauty of such mods is that you can live the new car excitement again and again. And also kill your urge to get/upgrade to a new car!!
Thanks Sivadas! You said it!! After these mods Yeti feels like a brand new car and re-living all the excitement of owning a new car. It does kill any urge of changing your car soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
One hot yeti you have got. Brilliant mods. I do have a question regarding the Thule bike bars. Can you share the details of it? Can I fit the bars onto the existing Ecosport roof rails? From where did you get it and the price?
Thanks Naveen! My Thule bike rack was sourced from UK. Thule has foot pack and roof bars which fit every kind of roof rail. Even if you don't have roof rails, they have foot packs to suit. Next to my Yeti there was an Ecosport on display in the last Pete's Super Sunday event which had Thule roof bars and bike racks. You can get details from methods automotive in Bangalore regarding this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
Who did the amp and sub installation, Vagtune?
Are these CANBUS amps? Please share more info on the wiring as well.
Why did you not opt for a 4-channel amps & components, does the Yeti come with the Skoda amp, like the laura?
Thanks in advance!
ICE installation was done by Mr.Teny, New Metal Effect, Chennai. I have not tampered with the Skoda amp or speaker wiring. Its not a CANBUS amp. My amp. is wired independently and signal feed is from head unit's sub. out.
I am happy with the 8 channel speaker set up in yeti and did not want to add an amp to it. But to enhance the lows I added the amp. and subs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mksureshhere View Post
@ajaypjayaraj - That's very very neat set of mods. Every single mod is done very elegantly and the finish is impeccable. Kudos for the passionate work there.
Subscribed to this thread.
Thanks Suresh! You can get the cruise control for Skoda Rapid. Since you use it more on highways its going to be of great use to you. I enjoy the highway rides even more ever since I got it installed. Cost details would depend on what modules in your car needs up gradation for accepting the cruise control. CECM/BCM might need to be upgraded to highline. Mr.Sugesh is the person to clear your doubts. You could visit www.vagtune.com for cost break up once he tells you what all components need replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Lovely set of mods Ajay. I am a fan! Neat execution especially the front grill mod.
Thanks Gannu!
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 19:31   #35
BHPian

Quote:
You may have to change the BCM in addition to installing the left stalk with cruise control option. AFAIK the Laura doesn't need a BCM change for the cruise control addon.
Oh, alright. Do you have any idea about the cost and time involved in executing the whole cruise control including BCM change? Thanks.
Old 25th June 2014, 20:26   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mksureshhere View Post
Oh, alright. Do you have any idea about the cost and time involved in executing the whole cruise control including BCM change? Thanks.
Unfortunately no. Your best bet is to call up Sugesh from Vagtune. He would know since he has carried out the cruise control installations on a lot of VAG cars.

The stalk is relatively inexpensive. Some 30-35 USD but the BCM isn't. Please call him up and confirm.

Sorry for the OT Ajay.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 00:56   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks nikhil! I used to do the same, search for Yeti mods online but never found anything worthwhile and finally decided to get creative and set an example myself. Great to see the feedback from the team members!
For the cost of remap u could contact Pete's Automotive. Price might vary so its better you get the quote directly from them. The wheels i ride on are AVAs and the prices have been hiked since I got em and should be in the range of close to 40K.
I used to think same when I saw the auto parking feature in the Passat whether its of any use in our roads. But once I got the auto parking installed on Yeti and started using same I realized how efficient and useful it is. Believe me, it parks in such tight spaces that one might think it wont be possible to park there manually. I was impressed to see the way it manoeuvres. Especially with version 2, its very advanced. Try it and you'd be impressed too I bet.
Will definitely look into that too. Again, such a good job. I keep coming back to this bread almost every other hour now, just to drool at yeti. You just have become a hero amongst us yeti fans, on and off Tbhp. Keep it rolling.
Doc_nikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 02:55   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately no. Your best bet is to call up Sugesh from Vagtune. He would know since he has carried out the cruise control installations on a lot of VAG cars.

The stalk is relatively inexpensive. Some 30-35 USD but the BCM isn't. Please call him up and confirm.

Sorry for the OT Ajay.
Thanks Gannu_1. I'll check with Sugesh and post the details.
Old 26th June 2014, 08:29   #39
Senior - BHPian

For a moment I was wondering if I was looking at an all import Yeti. Beautiful work. The technical modifications you have carried out are something. Not only have you worked on power which is what most of us do and then end there, you've taken care of aspects such as safety and equipment you can really use. Well done.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 09:02   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks Naveen! My Thule bike rack was sourced from UK. Thule has foot pack and roof bars which fit every kind of roof rail. Even if you don't have roof rails, they have foot packs to suit. Next to my Yeti there was an Ecosport on display in the last Pete's Super Sunday event which had Thule roof bars and bike racks. You can get details from methods automotive in Bangalore regarding this.
I have seen that black ecosport with the roof bars. In fact there are many cars here with those (mostly Pete's tuned cars). I think R&T also supplies them. Have asked my friends in Bangalore to check the same. BTW, do you happen to hang out with another Yeti (brown) when you are down here in Cochin? Have seen them together many times.
Old 26th June 2014, 15:23   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_nikhil View Post
Will definitely look into that too. Again, such a good job. I keep coming back to this bread almost every other hour now, just to drool at yeti. You just have become a hero amongst us yeti fans, on and off Tbhp. Keep it rolling.
hehe cant feel any less. Thanks a lot for the appreciation guys! Totally feel worth all the time, cost and dedication towards the mods done. Thank you each one of you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
For a moment I was wondering if I was looking at an all import Yeti. Beautiful work. The technical modifications you have carried out are something. Not only have you worked on power which is what most of us do and then end there, you've taken care of aspects such as safety and equipment you can really use. Well done.
Thanks Sandeep! When I booked the Yeti, even Skoda dealerships din't have the spec sheet and hence I booked the top end available trim hoping I would get xenons, DSG, etc. Panoramic sunroof was a bit too much to hope for but still there was a slight hope of getting that too. Its always disappointing how car makers bring stripped down versions of cars to India. Trend seems to be changing lately but still there's still a long way to go. So I had do get all these add ons retrofitted myself. DSG is still not possible but now having AT in F30 and Micra, I have to say I enjoy Yeti and its manual shift at a completely different level. When I used to drive only manual cars I always longed for a good AT. But now driving manual transmission is not a necessity but a pleasure. Most of the mods were done for practicality only.

Quote:
I have seen that black ecosport with the roof bars. In fact there are many cars here with those (mostly Pete's tuned cars). I think R&T also supplies them. Have asked my friends in Bangalore to check the same. BTW, do you happen to hang out with another Yeti (brown) when you are down here in Cochin? Have seen them together many times.
No Naveen, that wouldn't be me.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 15:38   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW, do you happen to hang out with another Yeti (brown) when you are down here in Cochin? Have seen them together many times.
Does the brown Yeti have this on the back:
Attached Thumbnails
My Skoda Yeti - DIYs, OE Upgrades & Custom Mods. UPDATE: Park Assist video on Page 8-yeti-back.jpg  

Old 26th June 2014, 16:02   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Does the brown Yeti have this on the back:
Havent noticed that. It's got the Thule roof bars and after market alloys.
Old 26th June 2014, 16:09   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's got the Thule roof bars and after market alloys.
Not this one, then - no bars on this, and wheels are OE.
Old 26th June 2014, 17:16   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys

Head unit is latest edition DNS 810 from audio sources. I had used RCD 510 with OE premium bluetooth kit earlier. To get navigation, back up cam and multimedia I added the multimedia box (which is integrated into the RCD 510 using the same touch screen) but was not really satisfied with the outcome.
Hi bro,

Very impressed with the work you've carried out on the car, and the way you've turned it into a monster.
In fact, you've got me thinking on a few things I could do on the Laura.

I had a query pertaining to the HU though. Could you elaborate on how the RCD 510 with navigation turned out to be?
How much did it cost? What maps did you use? Why weren't you satisfied with the outcome? Pics ?

Would appreciate it - recently drove a Superb with navi on a trip, and really liked how it worked.

Thanks!
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks