Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2014, 16:36   #61
Team-BHP Support

re: My Skoda Yeti - DIYs, OE Upgrades & Custom Mods. UPDATE: Park Assist video on Pg 8

On my Jetta and the Yeti - press the clutch and the cruise control disengages
On the Octavia RS, the cruise control does not
Old 27th July 2014, 16:42   #62
BHPian

re: My Skoda Yeti - DIYs, OE Upgrades & Custom Mods. UPDATE: Park Assist video on Pg 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
On my Jetta and the Yeti - press the clutch and the cruise control disengages
On the Octavia RS, the cruise control does not
Understood that. What I meant is, what happens to the engine RPM when you depress the clutch till you leave it on the Octy RS? I am guessing, it should behave like you left the accelerator while the clutch is kept depressed and once you leave it, it accelerates slowly to resume and maintain the originally set speed right?

Wonder if that is a coding feature or require hardware changes to enable that.

Last edited by ajaypjayaraj : 27th July 2014 at 16:51. Reason: curiosity strike! :D
Old 27th July 2014, 17:57   #63
Senior - BHPian

A beautifully done set of mods.

If only manufacturers provide options for us to customize the features at the time of booking the vehicle.

Guess the market in India is far away from that level of customer service.
HappyWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2014, 19:43   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
A beautifully done set of mods.

If only manufacturers provide options for us to customize the features at the time of booking the vehicle.

Guess the market in India is far away from that level of customer service.
Thanks happywheels.

Even I wish they offer all the features available internationally as a customer option here at least, and also bring iconic models such as the VW Golf so that we don't have to settle for a polo for a hot hatch. But I guess its still not a market where numbers sell if sold at a premium price even if India has a lot of exotic and expensive cars. Sell it cheap and anything sells here. I thought that trend has been changing, but not considerably enough may be.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 12:49   #65
BHPian

In the pursuit to upgrading every component to perfection (depending on available options), I am considering yet another HU upgrade. The present one is better than the previous one but still looking for a better one. Have used the following in the Yeti till now

Stock RCD 510 Bolero radio - Solid firmware. Nothing available aftermarket comes close to the flawless operation.

Stock RCD 510 + Navi and media box with back up cam - Actually a downgrade for the HU though you get some added features.

Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 - Does not live up to the expectation. Some hangup issues, hardly plays any video format, Sub-woofer settings respond poorly. Overall quality is average and not so bad.

Audiosources DNS 810 - Biggest touch screen available (8") for VAG cars with video quality to match. Plays almost anything video or audio. Has OE replica UI which starts up and shows everything like stock HU. Have a lot of OBD functions displayed and lots of features and blah blah.

The point is, somehow its still not satisfying like upgrading to Bilsteins or AFS kitted OE Xenons or such upgrades, you know. So I've put up Audiosources DNS 810 HU in the Tbhp classifieds and started my search for an even better solution.

Will put up my review of what I found and what I upgraded to as soon as its done.
(There goes the love, passion and the $$$ ... TheLizardKing )
Old 9th August 2014, 16:22   #66
BHPian

Ajay - Thats a really beautiful looking car man. Really, I mean I have looked at some horrendous mods and then some really great ones. Believe me, it ranks right up there with some of the best mods seen so far. I always wanted to buy a capable offroader. Limited budget constrained my choices to only used vehicles. I ended up buying a 2007 Grand Vitara. Though Yeti and GV are two very different vehicles, the reviews about both from car enthusiasts have been top notch. I myself have not rued my decision to go in for an old GV one bit thus far. I believe the ride quality and ownership experience offered by few vehicles out there matches these two beasts. One day though I wish to get a 4x4 Elegance for myself. I guess that would be the natural upgrade to my GV. Some day, Alas!

I have couple of questions on the mod work done. Pardon my naivety here. Do you think remap can be done for GV as well, GV being a petrol vehicle. If yes, what is the approx. cost. Second, the mod work done by you, and some of it is pretty extensive, doesn't that void the warranty?
rattanw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2014, 22:01   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattanw View Post
Ajay - Thats a really beautiful looking car man. Really, I mean I have looked at some horrendous mods and then some really great ones. Believe me, it ranks right up there with some of the best mods seen so far. I always wanted to buy a capable offroader. Limited budget constrained my choices to only used vehicles. I ended up buying a 2007 Grand Vitara. Though Yeti and GV are two very different vehicles, the reviews about both from car enthusiasts have been top notch. I myself have not rued my decision to go in for an old GV one bit thus far. I believe the ride quality and ownership experience offered by few vehicles out there matches these two beasts. One day though I wish to get a 4x4 Elegance for myself. I guess that would be the natural upgrade to my GV. Some day, Alas!

I have couple of questions on the mod work done. Pardon my naivety here. Do you think remap can be done for GV as well, GV being a petrol vehicle. If yes, what is the approx. cost. Second, the mod work done by you, and some of it is pretty extensive, doesn't that void the warranty?
Thanks rattanw! May your wish come true soon.

Regarding remaps, you can contact Vinu at Pete's (+919895055545) for anything regarding remaps. He will be able to clear your doubts. I have been waiting over 3 years to do these retrofits simply because I was still in warranty period. I still have a few months warranty remaining but my patience has expired. So went ahead with the mods and forgot about warranty.
Old 10th August 2014, 01:12   #68
BHPian

Sounds good, thanks for sharing contact details. I can understand your uneasiness over mods. I have been in a similar dilemma since I bought GV about 4 months back. I just cant wait to try few mods that I have been planning for some time now. Only the finances and adequate knowledge is holding me back. Lets see how it pans out. Cheers mate !!
rattanw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 21:09   #69
BHPian

The search for a perfect aftermarket HU replacement for VAG group cars has finally come to a sweet end. Found something interesting after a global hunt, which could meet the car standards. Since Columbus/RNS 510 is not an option for those who want Indian maps and navigation, this should be the next best alternative.

Stay tuned. Pics, details, review, specs & more coming up soon...
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 11:31   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
The search for a perfect aftermarket HU replacement for VAG group cars has finally come to a sweet end. Found something interesting after a global hunt, which could meet the car standards. Since Columbus/RNS 510 is not an option for those who want Indian maps and navigation, this should be the next best alternative.

Stay tuned. Pics, details, review, specs & more coming up soon...
Is it a Dynavin? Come on pls post a teaser pic, we can't wait.
Old 26th August 2014, 11:47   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Is it a Dynavin? Come on pls post a teaser pic, we can't wait.

Lol U said it! Yep! Officially the first customer for Dynavin India. Not the first to install though as I don't live in Cochin and that's where the first batch landed. But definitely the first one to purchase. That is because, I was also part of a team to find a good aftermarket solution to VAG car HUs. So Dynavin it is!

Adi, for a teaser pic I din't produce it dear. It's all over the net!
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 12:08   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
Lol U said it! Yep! Officially the first customer for Dynavin India. Not the first to install though as I don't live in Cochin and that's where the first batch landed. But definitely the first one to purchase. That is because, I was also part of a team to find a good aftermarket solution to VAG car HUs. So Dynavin it is!

Adi, for a teaser pic I din't produce it dear. It's all over the net!
But as far as net pics go, they are not detailed like we geeks want them Post some pics after its installed, along with prices! Its not updated in Vagtune's site as of now.
Old 26th August 2014, 12:16   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Its not updated in Vagtune's site as of now.
Updated in their global site however - Vagtune
Old 26th August 2014, 12:20   #74
BHPian

Quote:
But as far as net pics go, they are not detailed like we geeks want them Post some pics after its installed, along with prices! Its not updated in Vagtune's site as of now.

I know the feeling... I go through the same every time I find an interesting car or gadget! In a couple more days time I should be able to get all the proper pics, details, prices and the review.

Trust me, my fellow geeks won't be disappointed! Lol
Old 26th August 2014, 12:39   #75
Senior - BHPian

Nice upgrades Ajay. Really looking forward for some HU upgrade to my Superb to fit in something with navigation.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks