Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2019, 07:36   #1111
BHPian

Re: "Child Seat" for Babies & Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyata View Post
Congrats! You'll find good discussions above and previous pages on multiple options for the child car-seat. Many many good options to choose from.

Although I've never so far traveled in an Ertiga myself, I imagine it should be just fine as long as the ergonomics allow for it.

Use the car's provided seat belts to secure the child seat.
Thanks a lot.!

Sure will go through this thread in detail to get more info.
Old 14th October 2019, 12:13   #1112
BHPian

Amazing thread this, and a must read for to-be parents.

After a lot of reading and research, we have decided to go for a Britax Dualfit2 R car seat and Jockey3 cycle seat for our child arriving in December. I have heard really good usage reviews of Britax products from our family and friends in EU, and since safety comes first, we decided to not look elsewhere.
They may seem pricey, but the sheer safety:rupee ratio, compared to unregulated child seats available here, makes actually makes them better value for money.

Will post my reviews here once I have them.
satya180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 11:42   #1113
BHPian

Hi, I plan to do a drive down from Bangalore to Bekal in the first week of Jan. Will be accompanied by my wife and 9 months old son. For this, I plan to use my Creta for the journey considering the amount of luggage to be carried for my son. I was looking through baby car seats to buy and Im now confused. Not particularly keen about ISOFIX since its just a mechanism to hold the baby seat. Seat belts do a good job anyways. Im aware of the Indian brands - luvlap, rforrabbit and the international ones - Chicco, Graco, Britax, Evenflo. Im not too keen about rforrabbit for the plastic used in the baby walker is of extremely poor quality. The reviews though for the car seat have been alright save for the quality of fabric an cushioning used. Not too enthused by luvlap - the name gives me the jitters. While I was keen about the international ones, I see that Chicco Cosmos available in India was recalled in 2017 due to a mechanical defect. Now no way would I want to buy this. What would be your suggestion. My budget is anywhere upto INR20,000. Safety, comfort and reclining positions would be priority.
Old 24th December 2019, 16:29   #1114
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshays View Post
What would be your suggestion. My budget is anywhere upto INR20,000. Safety, comfort and reclining positions would be priority.
Try among Chicco, Graco or Evenflo brands available in Babyoye shops or also you can try Mothercare stores. Try to get a Type 2 (0 to 18 KGs) one that you can stretch up to 5 years. I have used Evenflo for type 2 and was satisfied with the quality.

Otherwise, you can try Amazon UK for some sweet deals on some nice brands. I was searching for a Type 3 (18 - 48 KGs) and got a very sweet deal on Amazon UK including import / custom duties.
PetrolRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 18:45   #1115
BANNED

Hi guys any automatic car/suv with 3rd row seats with ISOFIX or seat belts to hold the child seats?
Old 3rd January 2020, 19:50   #1116
BHPian

Ertiga, XL6 , XUV500 ?
NICHE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2020, 13:08   #1117
BHPian

Hello everyone

I know this may not be the right place to post a classified but the thread is relevant. I have a Chicco Nextfit car seat available for sale. I bought it an year back for my 1 year old daughter but she just refuses to sit on the seat. I have been trying for the last one year but have failed every single time. I got the seat for around 29k from Chicco Gurgaon store and it has hardly been used. Anyone interested can pm me. I am based in Noida so buyers from Delhi NCR can benefit.

P.S- I know that a lot of us take safety very seriously and i am one of them. Since my daughter refuses to sit on the car seat, i have limited my travel with her. I dont think i have any other option at the moment.
Old 10th January 2020, 19:33   #1118
Senior - BHPian

Found this online for child car seats.

https://britax-india.in/?gclid=EAIaI...SAAEgJutvD_BwE

Some of the seats are good and look sturdy, although the prices are on the higher side.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2020, 02:14   #1119
BHPian

This is Evenflo,receiving bad press for their 'Big Kid' booster,they've been sued for low side impact safety.

Secure your child in a 5 point harness seat for as LONG as possible and have them graduate to a booster only when the child is atleast 4ft 1" tall and weighs 20kgs.

The front or rear facing 5 point harness equipped seats are much safer when compared to boosters,especially in side impact situations and IF they've been installed correctly.

https://www.propublica.org/article/e...xTAC8wQ3JEpKeo
thorque is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2020, 01:15   #1120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorque View Post
This is Evenflo,receiving bad press for their 'Big Kid' booster,they've been sued for low side impact safety.
https://www.propublica.org/article/e...xTAC8wQ3JEpKeo
Check Britax Romer Kidfix series or advansafix for child age group 4 year to 12 year or 9 months to 12 years respectively. The Evenflo seat is not certified as per Indian standards. Its important that we should look at R44.04 or R129 regulation certificate or sticker on the product. These are at par with the latest European norms. Unfortunately, what is available today in the Indian market is from China and products from Graco and Chicco are not certified. For safer and better child safety seat products, we should look at European Consumer safety ratings like ADAC and STIWA.
Old 16th February 2020, 22:55   #1121
BHPian

Any reviews on Jane? https://www.janeindia.com/shop?page=2 Specially their koos iSize one?
Old 16th February 2020, 23:25   #1122
BHPian

Hi,
I have a question which is not exactly about choosing a car seat. I already have one.

But the seat can't be fixed in the middle of the rear seat of my Fiat Linea T Jet because the middle seat belt is not the three point belt. This makes it inconvenient when we need to travel with he child and two people at the rear.

Is there any way to change the two point seat belt at the centre to a three point one, in the Linea?

Thank you.
Old 19th February 2020, 13:00   #1123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparameswaran View Post
Hi,

This makes it inconvenient when we need to travel with he child and two people at the rear.

Is there any way to change the two point seat belt at the centre to a three point one, in the Linea?

Thank you.
Hello,

I think that the Linea is a great car.

1.Even if you managed to contrive this arrangement,are you going to be testing the jugaad?You are expecting it to keep your child out of trouble.

2.I think that most seat/booster/restraints are designed for both left & right outboard use & not the middle(the usually raised squab contouring in the centre, may also interfere with safe installation).

Please banish the thought
Old 19th February 2020, 16:57   #1124
BHPian

This is a wonderful thread for someone looking to put their child's safety as a priority while driving. Thank you all for the suggestions so far.

I have a 2 year 8 month old son and am looking for a suitable car seat for my Hyundai Xcent for him. I checked the LuvLap and R for Rabbit options, among others.

My question is around the use of the 5-point safety harness. A few of the their demo videos show that after age 3, it's not the 5-point harness rather the normal car seat belt that needs to be used across the seat. Is that the case? Until what age can the 5-point harness be used.

I prefer a seat where the 5-point harness can be used for as long as possible. Please offer your valuable suggestions, thanks in advance
Old 20th February 2020, 10:48   #1125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkats2001 View Post

My question is around the use of the 5-point safety harness. A few of the their demo videos show that after age 3, it's not the 5-point harness rather the normal car seat belt that needs to be used across the seat. Is that the case? Until what age can the 5-point harness be used.

I prefer a seat where the 5-point harness can be used for as long as possible. Please offer your valuable suggestions, thanks in advance
Using the normal car seat belt after 3 years is too too soon. I used the 5 point belt for my daughter till she was around 7.5 years old. Only after that she was put on the adult seat belt. The 3 point belt is only for use for booster seats and not directly.

My advice, please use the 5 point harness as long as you can, it is much more safer, especially for younger kids. Hope this helps
arvind71181 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks