Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2022, 16:00   #46
BHPian

re: Volvo XC40 Recharge Electric SUV, now launched at Rs. 55.90 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_payne View Post
Lol. That'd mean nearly 90L OTR. God this is frustrating for anyone interested in the EV space between 35-75L. Apart from the Mini Electric, nothing else exists.
That’s not true. There’s very little road tax and registration charges on EVs. My Kona for example was listed at 23.xx lakh ex showroom and final one road price came out to be around 24 and something. I think XC40 Recharge will be 77-78l on road at max.

Last edited by ADI7YAK : 26th March 2022 at 16:01. Reason: Typo.
ADI7YAK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2022, 11:32   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Volvo XC 40 Recharge media drive. Embargo till April 6.

Volvo XC40 Recharge Electric SUV, now launched at Rs. 55.90 lakhs-5.jpg

Volvo XC40 Recharge Electric SUV, now launched at Rs. 55.90 lakhs-3.jpg

Volvo XC40 Recharge Electric SUV, now launched at Rs. 55.90 lakhs-1.jpg

Volvo XC40 Recharge Electric SUV, now launched at Rs. 55.90 lakhs-2.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th March 2022 at 11:41.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2022, 12:44   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Launch and Price reveal of the Volvo XC 40 Recharge will be in July, however deliveries will commence only in October.

Volvo XC40 Recharge Electric SUV, now launched at Rs. 55.90 lakhs-1.jpg

Volvo XC40 Recharge Electric SUV, now launched at Rs. 55.90 lakhs-2.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th March 2022 at 12:48.
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th March 2022, 16:19   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Launch and Price reveal of the Volvo XC 40 Recharge will be in July, however deliveries will commence only in October.
Yet to see any deliveries from BMW for iX that was launched many months before at a competitive price. Am sure, Volvo will also do similarly, launch the product, create hype and then silently increase the prices before actual deliveries start. Give manufacturers so much media and online space without spending a dime

On the subject, I recently drove the XC40 and except for the transmission/ engine or say, how the power delivery was jerky and very un-sporty, everything else appeared fine. Price is an issue but by the time we get the cars, even 75 lac may appear competitive
Turbanator is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 29th March 2022, 17:54   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

XC 40 Recharge for India: colors on offer (Fjord Blue, Sage Green, Crystal White, Onyx Black, and Thunder Grey) red is not in the list.

Volvo XC40 Recharge Electric SUV, now launched at Rs. 55.90 lakhs-capture.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th March 2022 at 17:55.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st March 2022, 13:16   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Yet to see any deliveries from BMW for iX that was launched many months before at a competitive price. Am sure, Volvo will also do similarly, launch the product, create hype and then silently increase the prices before actual deliveries start. Give manufacturers so much media and online space without spending a dime

On the subject, I recently drove the XC40 and except for the transmission/ engine or say, how the power delivery was jerky and very un-sporty, everything else appeared fine. Price is an issue but by the time we get the cars, even 75 lac may appear competitive

How is the bmw iX at 1 crore+ competitive? Same with the audi electric line. They have turned electric cars from being a revolutionary change in transportation to being a non-feasible gimmick for the ultra rich to brag about. Pricing a car at 2x what its ICE equivalent goes for just doesn't make sense for anyone who cares about the fuel savings EVs bring.
Cresterk is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2022, 14:03   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
How is the bmw iX at 1 crore+ competitive? Same with the audi electric line. They have turned electric cars from being a revolutionary change in transportation to being a non-feasible gimmick for the ultra rich to brag about. Pricing a car at 2x what its ICE equivalent goes for just doesn't make sense for anyone who cares about the fuel savings EVs bring.
And once you go to that price point, fuel savings is the last thing someone is buying these for. At the 1Cr mark, the luxury factor plays a huge part in decision making and sadly these EVs don't stand up to the benchmarks set by the established ICE models at that price. A 80-85L XC40 Recharge vs a GLE/X5/XC60 at the same or lower price. Sheesh. Unless this is the 3rd or 4th car at home.

This is why I believe that true change in the EV market is at the lower end (8-20L). The decision making factors are completely different in that segment. You're spot on with the "gimmick for the ultra rich" remark.
d_payne is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st March 2022, 16:13   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
How is the bmw iX at 1 crore+ competitive? Pricing a car at 2x what its ICE equivalent goes for just doesn't make sense for anyone who cares about the fuel savings EVs bring.
Please check the prices for X5 and then compare the interiors/ features with iX. Also, factor that, unlike X5, iX will be CBU. Though I doubt, BMW can maintain the launch prices (which you find not competitive) I won't be surprised if the actual deliveries happen at 6-10% higher prices than they originally launched (but not delivered)

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_payne View Post
At the 1Cr mark, the luxury factor plays a huge part in decision making and sadly these EVs don't stand up to the benchmarks set by the established ICE models at that price.
Do check some of the reviews or wait until these show up at the dealerships. I don't think anyone will even like to consider an X5 after sitting in the iX. It's at a totally different level.
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 15:07   #54
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Did anyone book the XC 40 Recharge at Rs.1 ? Well I did today. It was quite tempting to do so !

Haven't test driven the car yet. Looks like Volvo (or the dealer) is trying to gather/sense the public interest to price it right for it's official launch.

https://martialvolvocars.in/product/...pure-electric/

I don't see the price being listed in their official price list;
http://www.volvocarindia.com/data/Vo...cing-Sheet.pdf

I suppose they may price it below XC 60 else they may end up cannibalizing their own product line.

The image enclosed takes the cake in the portal.
Attached Thumbnails
Volvo XC40 Recharge Electric SUV, now launched at Rs. 55.90 lakhs-volvo.jpg  

niruvrs9669 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 13:21   #55
BHPian

The vehicle is currently available at the Prabhadevi showroom for TD's in case anyone is interested. The SA indicated the costing is expected near 60-ish once officially launched.
zandot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 17:37   #56
BHPian

The TD is open at Bangalore at Martial motors.
We just got back after a test drive.
It really is a different feeling getting pushed back into the seat on flooring the throttle even though I drive TSI powered cars.
The car gets a lot of creature comforts too.
The boot space is limited due to the space saver wheel.
The SA indicated that at launch the cars that will be made available will be MY2023 cars and will be CKD units so the interior trims will be different and the CKD route gives me hope for a saner pricing.
Will decide after the price reveal in July, but I must say I am kind of sold.
The dealer is accepting bookings for a deposit of ₹ one lakh.
I am considering this vs the GLA 220d 4Matic.
With the EV road tax being exempt, I hope it will cost the same as the GLA 220d 4Matic on road.

Last edited by docsinghal : 18th May 2022 at 17:38. Reason: Spelling mistake.
docsinghal is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 16:45   #57
BHPian

Volvos are already in the luxury car segment so I expect their EV versions to be priced accordingly. As u/d_payne says above, it will be interesting to see EV pricing in the mass segment of the market.

Why are luxury EVs exempt from road tax though? Shouldn't there be a ceiling on the EV price for road tax exemption?
Ford_Prefect is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 13:32   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Volvo to locally assemble electric compact SUV XC40 Recharge.

The all-electric Volvo XC40 Recharge will be launched in India in July and the deliveries will commence in October 2022. The Volvo XC40 Recharge will be assembled at the company’s Hosakote plant near Bengaluru, Karnataka.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th June 2022 at 13:40.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 15:17   #59
BHPian

This will be huge.

The regular petrol XC40 on road in Bangalore is around 55L. This includes the following taxes:

1. Bangalore Road tax of 18%
2. GST of 28%
3. GST cess of 22%
4. import duty on CKD of 15% (I may be wrong here)

For the XC40 recharge, the taxes will be:

1. GST of 5%
2. Import duty on CKD of 15%

I am ignoring the compounding effect of tax on tax to avoid complicating this.

Therefore there is a tax delta of roughly 50%.

Given that globally the XC40 recharge is roughly 30% more expensive than its petrol cousin, I think Volvo India can easily price it close to 45L which is the ex-showroom price of the XC40 petrol, and still end up with a great margin on this car.

I believe this will be a once in a blue moon opportunity for Indians to buy a luxury high-performance car with minimal taxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_Prefect View Post
Volvos are already in the luxury car segment so I expect their EV versions to be priced accordingly. As u/d_payne says above, it will be interesting to see EV pricing in the mass segment of the market.

Why are luxury EVs exempt from road tax though? Shouldn't there be a ceiling on the EV price for road tax exemption?
Because it doesn't matter if it is a rich man polluting the air or an upper-middle-class person. Not having exemption on road tax on luxury vehicles will mean more ICE sales which have negative costs on the society.

Last edited by vb-saan : 8th June 2022 at 09:57. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another.
shyampsunder is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 23:44   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyampsunder View Post
I think Volvo India can easily price it close to 45L which is the ex-showroom price of the XC40 petrol, and still end up with a great margin on this car.

I believe this will be a once in a blue moon opportunity for Indians to buy a luxury high-performance car with minimal taxes.
It would definitely be a HUGE deal! At 45L ex-showroom, i'd jump on this any day over something like a Kodiaq. In fact it'll probably be on par with the petrol counterpart in that case, as the road tax exemption would compensate for the added costs for EVs. Same as how to i4 is so close to the M340i in price.
venom_op is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks